T2W Site Suggestions Please!

So whats this yellow/red bar system that im now seeing next to the nicks ?! Sorry if this is a stupid question but ive never seen it before - would be nice if there was an announcment for something like this i.e. a small note right at the bottom of the front page would do..

I do think at some point TTW will require a section just for those who want to discuss trading. But is a payment scheme the best way to go about it? I would rather let the moderators decide who is allowed access. That way the quality of the members allowed in will be judged on their postings, not their ability to part with money.

Thanks sharky. Have to agree with FTSEBeater + others here - T2W is good because seems to always have a good number of new people asking the right questions and giving good feedback.

However a nominal fee would be worth considering if their was an improvment/addition to current services..

JK

jklondon
It's the ratings system. put your mouse over it. Shows the number of people that have voted for you. All yellow = all good. 4/5 = 80%+ good etc.

Hi Paul
I would like to see faster access to the facility for putting someone on my ignore list. Personally I'm fed up with trawling through all the rubbish that some people post. These sad people like everyone to read their junk instead of confining it to PM's.
Some of us have better things to do.

At the bottom of each post is a row of links:-
Profile, PM, Search, Buddy, Edit, Quote.
Why not have an Ignore button next to the Buddy button ?
Also individual's ratings could include a count of the number of members who ignore someone.
Perhaps they'd get the message then !
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for that suggestion.. I've now added the ignore button to all posts, as it was a relatively simple modification to do.

...ignore button that would ignore a whole thread would be very welcome....

'I think it would be very useful if this can be addressed. Ideally, an option to search for all posts from a certain date'

posted by Dsmodi

I agree 100% this would be very useful

Zambuck: Unfortunately I can't think of an easy way to do this at present - the closest thing we could implement to hide threads started by people on your ignore list (but ignored threads would still show up in searches, and their usernames in the "Last Post by:" on the forum homepage. Any use?

Jdax: How is this different to the "View most recent threads" option on the Discussion dropdown menu, or the existing search facility that lets you select by x days/weeks ago?

In our attemps to clean up the BB, we will be introducing a 2 point warning for anyone posting off topic, jokes ,snipes,garbage etc. Keep all that stuff in the Lounge, any topic you like. That means 5 strikes and you're banned. Contravening posts will be edited to show that the perpetrator has been awarded the 2 points. :cheesy:

I think the new board is interfering with the View New Posts button. It says there's 1 new but gives no results. The last post is on the new board, to which I'm not subscribed.

Yes, it appears to total up all new posts regardless of whether you have access to the forums they were posted in. I'll have to make a modification to restrict this to only those which you have access to - shouldn't take me long.

Sharky said:
Zambuck: Unfortunately I can't think of an easy way to do this at present - the closest thing we could implement to hide threads started by people on your ignore list (but ignored threads would still show up in searches, and their usernames in the "Last Post by:" on the forum homepage. Any use?

Jdax: How is this different to the "View most recent threads" option on the Discussion dropdown menu, or the existing search facility that lets you select by x days/weeks ago?

Hi paul

Thanks for considering it...I know that it is easy for us to say this and that but not so easy to implement...

Unlike other boards you are at least asking what we want and how to make the site better...that is appreciated...

The new menu bar is live on the front page and various sections of the site. And will be replicated on the remaing parts of the site (including the forum) later tonight. I think you'll find it easier to read the text, and better laid out.

Personally I think a fee will be self defeating. T2W membership increases because people read it and like it. If they can't see it why should they join.. Maybe economics will prove me wrong.

A swear filter. Easy to implement . Lots available.

We already have a swear filter on the forums, though not on the reviews section yet. Try it and see.... **** **** ****!