T2W Site Suggestions Please!

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
RGlen
The Mods do have a private board that no one else is privvy to. Mods do make singular decisions, where it is clear that there is no doubt or uncertainty in their actions- instant ban for racism, sexism, spamming, multi posting of ads. etc. Where careful consideration is required on a particular subject matter, then all the Mods enter into discussions in private before embarking on a democratic decision, which we like to think is the correct one.
Keep the suggestions coming.

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
Hi Paul

I understand what you are saying...perhaps let me explain more...

There are days when the discussions are very interesting and useful...at times in Lounge a topic crops up...that is not something I am intested in and does not pretain to TA...I would therefore not like that thread to muddle the continuity on other threads.....So best thing would be to somehow have a facility to ignore that thread...in such that it does not appear on the list...

I know it is not that easy to implement these...but a facility like this would help...

regards

Sharky said:

Member: zambuck
Suggestion: Selective viewing of threads/forums

Initial Feedback:

Zambuck are you suggesting the ability to click a button to hide a thread or forum from view, so on the forum homepage you could work your way down to just the forums you're interested in, and likewise if you read a forum and are not interested in a thread - that's possibly gone off topic, then you can hide it - and then in the rest of the site, in searches, list of latest posts etc. you wouldn't hear any mention of it - unless you chose view the hidden forums/threads, possibly through your user control panel. Unfortunately this sounds fairly complicated to implement - I'm not sure how feasible it will be to roll out, I'll need to think through the implications.

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
zambuck:

Under 'My Profile' you will see where you can Subscribe to forums and threads. If you subscribe to the ones you want, and ignore the others, then I believe this may be what you're after. :D

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
thanks Skim...

I must say after using T2W for along time I am still not well used to tweaking the settings....

I will try out your suggestion...that may provide the viewing settings that I am after...

regards

ColinRiche

284 3
Rognvald said:
Sharky
Pal talk seems to be loaded with pop up adds

I find this a pain

Pop-ups - thats only if you cant afford the $2 a month to remove them

Paltalk is a place where there are hundreds of active daytraders
each and every trading day, compared to in recent times a half a dozen at most in the T2W room.

Having a presence there would mean having an advert to traders that haven't heard of T2W....

it all depends what you want.... do you really want lots of American daytraders on these boards ?

Grey1

2,186 178
I have a Blue name and get no ads what so ever .. Pal talk is the best way to communicate and explain the reasoning behind one's trade without typing during the trading hours.

With a good CAM one can even show the charts..

The new version of paltalk was launched last night and is

awesome..

PS:-- I have already mentioned T2W on paltalk and nearly got bounced ... :( :( :( :( :(

regards

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
Grey 1
My PT expce is very limited. Doyou mean it is possible to show charts from within the software or is this by allowing the CAM a view of your screen?

Grey1

2,186 178
Some admins donot like to see ads of other trading rooms or other sites in their rooms.. few month back the hackers were posting links in the room that if you clicked on them apparently your Password/account detail could be hacked.. As a result they bounce any one who posts links in the rooms..

T2W can have a Blue and private room for $ 150 month and a black room for free..

Regards

Grey1

2,186 178
ROG,

By allowing a CAM facing the computer screen ... if you go to MARKET VU/ business catagory room he often displays the chart of ES and SOX and NAS in the room .. The pic is not all that good. I suppose his CAM is doddgy lol

Regards

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
Members may be willing to pay for ad free access to a room inhabited only by T2W members with similar trading interests and where voice and visual contact is possible -I don't like keyboarding while trading.

EK1

Established member
654 18
Pay A Nominal Fee for Using T2W?

Simple suggestion to solve problem of bogus posters, troublemakers, etc etc is to make T2W a pay/subscription site.

Say a nominal £10 a year to enable members to post, read forums.

I for one would not mind paying £10: the quality of the information is well worth it.

A radical step, I know, but could keep the quality of the board at a sustainable level............

Comments please.........

(And yes I'm aware that bogus posters could still pay the cash and keep stirring it)

(SHARKY - could be an idea for a poll??)

EK1

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
Charging would probably stop people signing up with multiple nicks - would become costly for them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock