Guide T2W - Security and Virus Information

theknifemac

340 0
rossored said:
For all security conscious amongst us, Microsoft have just announced the imminent release of SP2.

Fred Langa on the Langalist pointed out that there is a new version of WindowsUpdate which I guess will be included in SP2. There are express and custom options for installing updates, but by default automatic updates are turned on. This behaviour is different from the behaviour of the current version.

http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2004/2004-07-15.htm#1

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=22104207

Stew

oatman

2,879 22
It doesn't tell you a lot. :rolleyes: I'll try it as well :cheesy:

rossored

2,103 56
Well it seems quite useful so far. Web pages seem to load a bit quicker, boot up and boot down a little quicker - maybe 20% improved - hard to measure.

There's a good little walkthrough as whats recommended and whats not in terms of modifications and tweaks, so those of you who are really struggling with SP2 or maybe just plain old SP1 might find it worthwhile.

SP2 obviously has some issues : type in "SP2 Slow boot" on google and you get no end of results - surprise surprise.

chump

2,212 274
Well, I've given this a decent going over and I'm quite impressed..no glitches at this point..booting up and down quicker and page loading appears appreciably speeded up so I'm keeping it.

Cheers

rossored

2,103 56
Yep, agreed.

Seems to be a very useful bit of tiny kit for no cost, and its certainly improved things here. WinXP users, take note!

alliance

300 0
Hi,
Being a true Scot, I wondered if anyone knew of any free ;) utility program similar to Tune up or Fix -It Utilities?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock