Online-Armor Firewall

Trdr

the firewall I'd been using scored a 'very poor' 2350 on Matousec's tests versus
Online-Armor's 'excellent' 9625 — the free version no less
I'd been bothered for a couple of weeks because of being hit by a 'trojan' neither my
then firewall or av sw stopped, so last night researched Comodo, Jetico and Outpost
before realizing Online-Armor was free.
I settled on O-A and it was an easy install, the problem is firewall sw is one of those
programs I don't really want to think about, I'm very good at mouse clicking but really
don't have a clue when it comes to trying to understand fw sw, it's just too complicated.
starting my computer today ' freeram ' didn't appear in the system tray and AntiVir was
indicating 'disabled' and I couldn't enable it. I couldn't connect to Google, MailWasher
wouldn't open and I ended up off-n-oning the computer several times to end the hangs
the next restart everything appeared in the system tray and everything worked ok

I haven't tried another restart and will post what happened on O-A's forum but I thought
I'd ask: ' anyone using the free O-A firewall ? any problems ? '

Leak-tests results - matousec.com
Online-Armor Firewall: Firewall Protection, Anti Virus Software, Anti-Keylogger - Online Armor Security Suite
freeram: YourWare Solutions: Quality freeware and home of FreeRAM XP Pro
Mailwasher Spam Filter Software: The Reliable Free Spam Blocker | MailWasher

the O-A rep didn't know what was going on but I just uninstalled AntiVir and replaced it
with PCTools free av: PC Tools AntiVirus - Free Anti-Virus Download
think it's a known that PCT's fw and av cause a slowing when programs first open which
is why I tried but didn't use their fw; I believe their av is 'stronger' - more dependable
than AVG and AntiVir at preventing nasties getting on the system
yet to read the O-A Help but ramfree has risen from a usual 260 to 300MB of available
ram out of 375 at idle, not sure why, is O-A that efficient or was the computer 'leaking'