Guide T2W Guide to Indices

Where can I find a summary (or ideally a combined graphic) showing the relative opening/closing times of all the major exchanges? (Sydney, Frankfurt, Paris, Tokyo, Joburg, Toronto, Mumbai, HK, London, NY, Shanghai, etc).

I've tried fishing for the info within the websites of each major exchange (sometimes without success).
(Incidentally several of the original exchange links at the top of this thread no longer connect).

Can anyone help please?

TheBramble - many thanks. Much appreciated.
I kinda guessed there would be such a site but hadn't found it.

:cool:

rols said:
Is there a similar type of site I wonder highlighting where and what are the best times and vehicles to trade and their various markets etc on a 24 hour basis?
I don't know if such a site exists, but personally, I have always found it much easier to trade an exchange based instrument when the exchange is open.

I've also, quite coincidentally, found it far easier to do OTC banking transactions when my bank is open.

Arf!

Sorry Rols, don't want to rub salty into the wounds - did you mean indices specifically or FX etc.?

TheBramble said:
I don't know if such a site exists, but personally, I have always found it much easier to trade an exchange based instrument when the exchange is open.

I've also, quite coincidentally, found it far easier to do OTC banking transactions when my bank is open.

Arf!

Sorry Rols, don't want to rub salty into the wounds - did you mean indices specifically or FX etc.?

I will rephrase oh pedantic one! To think I risked the wrath of a vindaloo raining down on me...

For example one wouldn't normally trade US equities in the 'deadzone' even though the exchange is open. I also wouldn't go to HSBC at lunchtime for obvious reasons!

So let's take say USD/JPY or Copper futures or Pork bellies; for all of these there must be recognised times to avoid and better times to trade.

I thought this might be helpful for a newbie and whoever to have a site where this info was available. And because you appear to know everything I thought you might know if such a thing existed.. That was all. :cheesy:

Last edited:
There is one for FX which was posted recently (last couple of months).

As for indices, what this forum is all about I don't know so I'll bow out.

Maybe Quercus can assist?

while the s and ps are having 25 - 30 pt daily range ,the night trading that starts moving really well when u.k. gets in is great trading ,i like it better than the day trading, trade from 1 a.m. to 11a.m. chi cago time is great