Guide T2W Guide to Trading: Forex

Help!!!!

Carry Trades / Interest / Roll over.

I am confused! and I need help, I have spent hours speaking to brokers and I am still not getting the answer. I am looking to do position trades on GBP JPY, and on this currency there is a huge diffrential between the sept futures and the spot by over 200 pips.

So currently if I want to go short, and expecting to hold the position for several weeks the sept sell price is 24000, but the spot is 24318 - so I am getting 318 pips less. However, as time goes by and we come closer to expiry than the spot and future gets closer and closer.

So in my example, I start with a loss of 318 pips. Assuming that during this period say the spot goes down by 300 pips than technically I have not made any money - Is that correct??

HELP! Or am i being silly not able to understand?

Carry Trades / Interest / Roll over.

I am confused! and I need help, I have spent hours speaking to brokers and I am still not getting the answer. I am looking to do position trades on GBP JPY, and on this currency there is a huge diffrential between the sept futures and the spot by over 200 pips.

So currently if I want to go short, and expecting to hold the position for several weeks the sept sell price is 24000, but the spot is 24318 - so I am getting 318 pips less. However, as time goes by and we come closer to expiry than the spot and future gets closer and closer.

So in my example, I start with a loss of 318 pips. Assuming that during this period say the spot goes down by 300 pips than technically I have not made any money - Is that correct??

HELP! Or am i being silly not able to understand?

I don't understand your example. You're going short what?

The difference between spot and futures is equivalent to the economic value of the interest rate differential over the remaining life of the futures contract. You do know about carry?

Where can I get forex rates shown together with days high and low so far ?

thanks

Last edited:
Guys I need to Know the regulations on the Foreign Exchange markets in UK. Can anyone provide me helpful links for that. I went on the FSA's website and had a look at the Handbook, but got lost in it.

Thanks Sharky, i hope i had a guide like these, as simple as these if you want, when i started trading. Its true, when i did start i found lots of material but when you start everything´s new so you really dont know what´s usefull and what´s not, so you pay attention to everything, a clear resource like these will save lots of headaches.
Good one Shark!

No sound

Dow ! I'm trying to watch the video clips but getting no sound. Is the video's with or without voice ?

cheers

Top Forex rap secrets

The FOREX plays a vital role in the world economy and there will always be a tremendous need for the FOREX. International trade increases as technology and communication increases. As long as there is international trade, there will be a FOREX market. The FX market has to exist so a country like Japan can sell products
in the United States and be able to receive Japanese Yen in exchange for US Dollar.

Best forex trading strategies

Every new trader needs this site to get trading tips.The new forex trader should should know the best rules in the forex trading,so that they can able to manage all forex tradings very simple.And the rules mentioned in this forex trading are should follow and get more knowledge in the forex trading.So that he can able to gain more...

Great links and resources!

img1.jpg
img2.jpg
img3.jpg
img4.jpg
img9.jpg
img10.jpg