Votes: 23 6.0%
  • IG markets

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Worldspreads

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Cantor Index

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters
Was this your research or copied from somewhere? If copied, where?

Cheers

Cheers kirvis...

I'm sure there are plenty of banks, wholesalers and institutional's, as well as I, that disagree with her opinion, especially re: currenex (only the platform - not the broker!) and hotspot but IMO, you have to be wary of others broker opinions in FX as a lot of the complaints are written by those who just put in a few hundred hours testing then get miffed if they are slipped 10 pips on news releases.....

and appreciated.... just voicing my opinion as this is a discussion board and if we all agreed, what would be the point :eek:

This is my first post...who else has api that I don't have to pay for?
Interactive Brokers: no charge for API use. You can also connect via FIX CTCI for industrial strength applications although there is a set up charge for this as it requires conformance validation on our part.

What's the minimum you can trade with a forex broker? They all seem to be $1000+ minimum.

Also, all the forex brokers seem to be based in the US (giving prices in $'s), are there any brokers in the UK?

Does anyone know which FX Brokers really keep the client money in segregated funds?

I'm looking for one especially in the UK.

US Brokers look too dodgy to me (for eg: Refco!)

Does anyone know which FX Brokers really keep the client money in segregated funds?

I'm looking for one especially in the UK.

US Brokers look too dodgy to me (for eg: Refco!)

US brokers look dodgy? The markets are dominated by the US brokerage firms. I'm from the UK and I dont think i would even consider a UK based brokerage house. The big boys in the US have great spreads and are highly regulated if you can wade through all that marketing crap. Good luck. I'd have to say FXCM from personal use of GFT for their reasonably better platform but they have poor spreads and the platform is very slow unless you have a quad core in your box.

What I found:
"Many of you have been asking about which Forex brokers to use and after much thought I have decided the best way to share what I know is to not have a rating scale. Instead I will have only three columns as follows. First brokers that are considered ok (not great because I honestly don’t think any of them are great). Second is brokers that are bad. Lastly is brokers that you must avoid like the plague because they rip clients off (hunting stops, holding money due for months until you get an attorney, huge spreads at news time, etc). Don’t take my word for it, feel free to try as many brokers as you want just like I did, but I believe after 5 years your list will come out about the same as mine. Also I am not going to list any of their website, just do an internet search. Lastly if I do not list a broker it is because I have never used them and yes I have traded live money with every broker listed.

Ok brokers:

ODL, PFG, Dukascopy, ACM

Bad brokers:

IFX, FINI FX, MIG, GFT, MB Trading, Currenex, CMS, MG Forex, Hot Spot, Spencer FX, CBFX, FX Solutions, FXDD, CMC, Saxo, Interbank FX, GCI Financial, Pip Forex, FXCM, Oanda.

Must avoid at all cost:

Coes FX (now shut down), Gain Capital, Forex-swiss.com, Nations Investments (now shut down), CFG (Concord Forex Group is now shut down)

This is bull. I have used some of the brokers on your list and they are certainly in the wrong sections. FXCM for example is definitely on of the best brokerage firms but they dont have the best software. Perhaps you need to segregate things in to categories like spreads, services platform etc.

Why Does T2w Continualy Advise Saxo In There Pop Ups.

Makes Me Sick And Sharky What The Hell Are You Thinking, Or Rather Not Thinking. Saxo Only Serves To Discredit Your5 Site. Get Rid Of Them Please.

OANDA for EVER

:idea: OANDA is the Broker to be with. I think they are great.
Their spreads are more than reasonable.
And for novices you can use the paper-trading facilities for as long as one requires,
be it a month or be it 2 years, or even longer still. I'm telling you: it's great. (y)