Votes: 23 6.0%
  • IG markets

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Worldspreads

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Cantor Index

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters
"So would you guys say MB Trading or Alpari MT4 platform is the better choice? (dont forget CFTC are likely to change the leverage on american companies)"

Lets have a try to this MB trading and Alpari MT4 platform first before making comparison and let see what happen.

=========================
Firefox; Download and be safe
smiley144.gif

Last edited:
Most posts here are 2 years old, so alot can change with brokers in that time?

1) Why does fxcm seem to get bad reviews? Im thinking of going with them. They are ECN for standard accounts, cant see what the negatives are with them

2) my first choice at the mo is dukascopy. They have recently lowered minimum requirements to $1000. All ECN trading, seems very positive!

Dukascopy is good IMO :cool:

l.jpg
in.jpg
c.jpg
mr.jpg
a.jpg
e.jpg

I use these guys out of Australia, Alpha Broking, they are pretty good... linked to CFH markets and MetaTrader 4, they gave me a GAP trade EA when I signed up... works well!

I dont understan why the list doesn`t contain the name called Ikon Capital. They have a unique service with no requotes and easy tools for deposits and with drawals.

AskoBid is my broker of choice, they're regulated by MiFid, have tight spreads, no-slippage guarantee, allow all EA's, hedging/scalping included plus take clients from the US.

I think all Euro brokers who come from a countries that offer strict regulation such as BaFin (Germany), FSA (UK), FINMA (Switzerland) or places like Luxembourg (known for banking too) are far stronger than those who only offer MiFid. I think it needs to be pointed out that MiFid only offers guidelines and not so much as regulation enforcement. You will find a common trend that shows that most MiFid only brokers, or those that make a big thing about being under MiFid, are brokers that come from countries where it is known that regulation has pretty lax over the years(Cyprus, Malta, Turkey).

A very important point that you need to find the answer to is this; Up to what amount are client funds protected? Under FSA it is £70,000 last I checked, and CHF 100,000 under FINMA and +/- €70,000 under BaFin I believe. A point of interest, the US banks, in order to reseed trust and attract more clients since the catastrophe of Lehman's AIG and others, now protect funds up to $200,000...a rise of $100,000.

Am I correct to say that askobid is form either Malta or Cyprus? This is fine, they may be a straight up broker...but what happens to your money if something happens to them? are you protected?

now I am with activtrades and oanda, both get profit.
oanda account I will close very soon after my one open tickets get profit and closed.
Recently I found something very strange and unacceptable.. Oanda's platform is stable than before. but I got some stranges trades: I buy a trade, but very strangly, my buy ticket is disappeared, I found somebod open a sell ticket to close my buy ticket. and now I found very tiny units tickets such as 2, 3, 4, 40 are opened in my account. since I always trade default units to get many profitable results.
before I have no any problem with my trade. but since 18th of May this start to happen, now I am very scare to trade. every minute I must check the activatiy if some strange units or trades are there.
I emailed and chart with oanda staff. they all said is made by the account user... I dont think it is me.. the wrong trade or units lost me around 2000pounds . before 18 of May, no any problem with oanda. ,but now , strange things happened. well in the end my two accounts with oanda still made enough profit, so I give up argue with them for 2000pouns and close my account very soon..
Now I came to this thead to looking for a new broker. I will move to germany in August. so UK or germany broker I like.. now I am thinking of royal bank of scotland and barclays stocker
the RBS use oanda's software but the version is much rough and urgly compared oanda's owns. .
I found barclays stocker provide much information than RBS. so I am 80% thinking of Barclays stocker.
I opened account with IG and LCG too, but didnt fund.,IG market's platform is quite slow.
I can't trade barclays stocker and actvitrades platform on I prefered MAC computers.
I have to back to windows system because not so any good brokers's platform can run on MAC.
so is my post summary
1. close oanda two accounts
2 new broker will choose from Barclays stock, LCG, IG Market, or Germany, swissland (seems no good broker there now)

I've noticed that T2W has a lot of non-US traders and I think it's important to mention that different brokers may be better fit for some countries as opposed to others based on the various regulations that they're subjected to, etc. I think it's important to distinguish where you're based, where the broker is based and even what type of trading and strategy you use to help determine if that broker is a good fit as they all seem to have their knocks against them to some degree.

With no definitive ideal broker in the world of Forex, this thread is here to build up a comprehensive, and ever changing and updating list and poll for the choices in foreign exchange brokers for the retail trader.

I will undoubtedly miss a ton of brokers off the list so with your help, we can at least keep updating the thread with the latest news, views, and details on the brokerages available.

There are so many out there and new ones popping up all the time and as poll threads come and go, this will hopefully give a more definitive answer. So please add comments and help, good or bad on the various brokers so we all stand a better chance with at least one hurdle covered...

Hi Wasp,

can I suggest you clarify:
Broker and Principal,
spread bet/CFDs/Rolling spot FX
STP or not
Variable / fixed spreads
Where regulated

it shouldnt take too long to compile and you would then get a full picture of the offering.