T2W Forex Contest - Sep 2011, Win an iPad 2!

To coincide with our revamped website, we're offering the winner of this new contest an awesome prize of a brand new iPad 2!

With all the activity this week with the new website launch, we're announcing the contest a bit later than usual, but we'll accept entries for accounts that started trading from last Sunday night (4th September) as we have done on a late announcement.

The good news is we have a brand new dedicated section of the website going live in the next few days which will help to ensure all contests are run in a timely fashion and with realtime stats showing you quickly and easily the progress of all entrants. So stay tuned for further updates...

This new contest will switch from two weeks in length to a monthly format. So depending on the month, it may be 3,4 or even 5 weeks long. We'll always start it on a Sunday and finish on Friday.

How to enter

Entry is free and takes just a couple of minutes. First, sign up on ForexDesk, using the invitation code "T2WCOMP" and your T2W username. Once you're activated your account, log in and create a new practice account using the default settings. You can call it whatever you like but you must add #T2W-SEP11 to the name, to enter this month's contest. Then make at least one trade during the month to qualify for the prize.

I realise some people have already called their account #17/18 or #17/18/19/20, these accounts will still qualify as long as you now rename them to include #T2W-SEP11 and as long as the first trade occurred after the contest start date/time below:

More detailed instructions on setting up your contest account are here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w...ew-t2w-forex-contest-starts-sun-15th-may.html

Prizes

- Top Trader (Highest P&L)

The prize for this contest is a fantastic iPad 2! Enough said =)

View attachment 121966

The new contest will run for the month of Sept so remember to add "#T2W-SEP11" to your account name.

Rules

- Contest started on Sunday 4th September at 6pm ET, 11pm BST.
- Contest finishes on Friday 30th September at 6pm ET, 11pm BST
- The prize is an iPad 2, 16GB, WiFi model.
- Enter any time before the contest finishes.
- The winner will be judged by their P&L for the 4 weeks.
- Accounts must remain public (not private) for the duration of the contest.
- Mirroring of trades to retain first position lead is disallowed and may result in disqualification.
- To qualify for the prize contestants must open at least one position.
- Only entry per person
- If you live outside the UK or US, we may have to offer you an alternative prize of the same value, depending on the prize and whether there are shipping and import tax considerations.

Good trading all! :clover:

I've treid to enter these comps 2 or 3 times in the past but when i try, i'm asked for my email address where i will apparently receive a code. I enter my email address but never yet have i received the promised code...

Hi guy's, I am having difficulty in setting up the MT4 integration for this competition.

I have sent ForexDesk a msg regarding this but they have not responded or have not received it ?

The actual d/loading and setting up seems o.k I just can't find the FXsystemID and FXPassword that is supposed to be on my ForexDesk Acct Overview page ??
I have tried in-putting my ForexDesk username and Acct password on my MT4 Attach To Chart Inputs tab, but it doesn't seem to get accepted ??

Someone please help.

Hi guy's, I am having difficulty in setting up the MT4 integration for this competition.

I have sent ForexDesk a msg regarding this but they have not responded or have not received it ?

The actual d/loading and setting up seems o.k I just can't find the FXsystemID and FXPassword that is supposed to be on my ForexDesk Acct Overview page ??
I have tried in-putting my ForexDesk username and Acct password on my MT4 Attach To Chart Inputs tab, but it doesn't seem to get accepted ??

Someone please help.

Hey Bud, not sure if you got this issue resolved yet, but here it is,,..

A- Put things in proper folders, Im sure you did that, Right?
B- Load the FXmonitor to a chart,
You get the password and systems number by clicking on TRADE Tab, Then on the right hand side, BELOW were you got the intergration file, Then copy and paste the info that pops up when you click the proper page..

Make sure you have the number 1 under the next spot available after password.

Click the DLL allow, and Click unconfirm box, that will be annoying if you dont, then make sure you hit the EXpert tab at the top, or it wont take a trade.

I also find it best to close MT4 AFTER you are up and running.. Then Open it back up, and start trading,,..

Hope that helps,

You get the password and systems number by clicking on TRADE Tab, Then on the right hand side, BELOW were you got the intergration file, Then copy and paste the info that pops up when you click the proper page..

Click the DLL allow, and Click unconfirm box, that will be annoying if you dont, then make sure you hit the EXpert tab at the top, or it wont take a trade.

I also find it best to close MT4 AFTER you are up and running.. Then Open it back up, and start trading,,..

Hope that helps,

Under my trade tab - I don't see any username or password :(

when using MT4 for the comp, where do you download it from?
Can I use the smartlive MT4 demo account?

GG - I think he means you click the little hyperlink that says ''metatraderEA info'' near your open positions

Hmmm...I think i've followed all the steps now, but It keeps crashing 'critical error'.

Never mind, the Ipad is going to go to DavidEsassi, anyway.

David, teach me your ways, please!!! :)

Last edited:

Hope that helps,

GlenGary, many thanks for the help...very much appreciated.

Yes I have put the two files in the correct folders as ForexDesk instructed and have loaded the Forexmonitor onto a chart.
Incidentally, does the Forexmonitor have to be loaded onto all the charts individually for the pairs listed at ForexDesk ?

I clicked on the MetaTrader EA Info and found the password etc, would that be the correct passes etc ?
If those are the correct passes etc, I don't know why I never thought of that in the first place...lol.

Now the Number 1 you mention putting in the next line immediately after the Password line would be the FXEmail line and ForexDesk say in their instructions to leave this line blank, I presume you probably mean the line after the FXEmail line which would be the FX Lot Multiplier line ?

So I have pretty much done as you and ForexDesk have instructed but I am still having difficulty with this...lol.

Once I have in-putted the FXSystemID and FXPassword in the inputs tab and have checked the Allow Live Trading and Allow DLL Imports and un-checked Confirm DLL function calls there is also another box with a tick in it - Allow Import of External Experts. Should this be ticked or un-ticked ?

I have tried this box ticked and un-ticked and both ways I have an FXPro "Save As" box come up when I press the Save button. (FXPro being my MT4 feed supplier).
In the "Save In", line of the Save As Box it is saying "Presets".
And in the second line from the bottom of this Save As box the "File Name" line, it has the following - *.set
And in the bottom line of the Save As box "Save As Type" line it says - Expert Set (*.set)
(I hope you follow what I have tried to describe above...lol)

When I try and Save, it doesn't seem to Save.
I do however have the Smile in the top right of my chart so I have sent a Buy-Stop order to FXPro as a test but it hasn't came through to ForexDesk ??

Hopefully you may be able to advise me GlenGarry.

P.S
Sorry to be a pain.

I was having trouble with this too, Harmudge.
On mine, Allow DLL imports IS checked.
I tihnk that's where I might have been going wrong.
I was double clicking on the EA and changing all of the settings and inputting the password and ID and then clicking OK and nothing actually happened.
I had to drag the FXtrade monitor EA onto each chart that I had open and then make the changes.

If you click on the smiley face on a chart so that your setting come up, is the password/system ID info still there as well as the 'allow live trading / allow DLL and the allow import' boxes checked?

Last update for the week.
petedeluiz is still in top spot but with 2 more weeks of trading left, there's still plenty to play for.(y)

Week T2W-SEP11 - Day 9.jpg

Hey Folks, sorry I didnt look here this morning, till now,

Trying to think what might be happening, i have to read it again.. I have a horrible head ache right now..

Allow DLL imports MUST BE CHECKED, or ACTIVE
Alow imports of external exports, MUST BE CHECKED, or ACTIVE,
Allow Live Tradeing, Must Be Checked, or active

NO EMAIL -- Leave Blank
Enter password and System ID

FXLOT Multiplier -- enter number "1 "

You Must Drag FXMonitor EXPERT to a chart, I use EURUSD,

******* DONT EVER CLOSE THE CHART********

Your current setting will be saved when you just X out of the MT4 platform..

When you fire it back up, everything should be ready to go, without adjusting or turning on or dragging to the charts..

Well, of course, the Expert Tab at the very top, should be green, and the smily face.

Im never propted to save anything, so Im not sure what that is about..

Now, your ready to go..

Also, when your looking at the ForexDesk site, Everything needs refreshed. Nothing, But the current price, move, but when you close, you have to refresh the page to see the results..

Your trade should show up on the TRADE PAGE, and see your closed trades in the HISTORY PAGE,.

I dont use my FXMonitor Chart for anything, just always leave it open, or you have to go thru everything again..

Choose another chart to work from, and indicators and what not.

Evertime you make a trade, it will relay to the ForexDesk, But BE AWARE, its not instant..

For instance, I scalp, Im in trades for no more then 4-5 minutes, " Usually" and sometimes, just seconds.

And seconds can be expensive..

So, advisable, dont scalp, unless your scalping 20+, or long term trends.

For instance, today I made 160 pips @ 1 lot, 65 win streak, in like 55 minutes, in 45 trades, but you cant tell that by looking at my Forexdesk account..

Getting the timing and adjustments to Forex Desk can be frustrating, for my style anyways..

Again, sorry I didnt get to this earlier,

Have a great weekend, and great job this week fellas..,,

Many thanks Piggybridges and GlenGary, I think I may have it sorted now...will have to wait until the markets re-open again to find out so keeping my fingers crossed...lol.

To the competition admin.
Is it only the top twenty runners who's weekly results get posted ?

Yes harmudge just the top 20 for now.

Latest update and we have a close thing at the top. petedeluiz is ahead of Atilla by about $4K with the rest of the field some way back.

Week T2W-SEP11 - Day 11.jpg

Still having problems with this MT4 EA from FXDesk, guy's.

The FX ID and FX P/Word are all saved and there o.k when I start up my MT4.
I have the Allow Live Trading and Allow DLL Imports checked in the Common Tab of the EA Settings box.
I have the Experts Advisor tab on my MT4 toolbar de-pressed so it is showing green and I also have the Smiley face in the top right hand corner of my charts.

I know that on the FXDesk instructions it tells you to have the Confirm DLL function calls un-checked but what about the Allow Import of external experts ? Currently I have this un-checked.

Also, and this may be the problem but I am un-sure...when I start up my MT4 I have the Alert box come up in the top left corner of my charts and it is saying - "Trade Monitor is already running. Only one should..."
That is all I can read of the warning as I don't have a clue how to open the Alert up so I can read the whole message...lol...sorry for sounding so dumb, I also feel dumb about this.
Supposed to be a budding trainee trader...that's a laugh...lol.

I'm open to suggestions guy's and any help will be appreciated.

Best Wishes

Harmudge.

Harmudge, its just a simple problem, relax, take a deep breath, it has nothing to do with the trading aspect, dont get discouraged..

The imports for externals MUST BE CHECKED,

It might be your problem, if that dont work, i have another Idea.

I will be back on at 3:30ish EST, so if it works or not, leave a note here, Lets get this taken care of for ya.

Today's update and a similar story to yesterday with petedeluiz maintaining his top spot. Still some time to the contest end date, so plenty of time to win the iPad 2.....(y)

Week T2W-SEP11 - Day 12.jpg