t2w being trashed by religious threads

He still hasnt finished that fish on toast from last time.

EDIT: replaced breadcrumbs with toast. think it scans better

LOL !

Interestingly, it WAS an oily fish that is regularly consumed on toast.

There was that much - the whole Island ended up covered in fish.

So now you know how Sardinia got its name.

BarJohn
Re: t2w being trashed by religious threads I should make it clear that I did not close the thread because of any breach of the guidelines by Options.
I closed the thread for two reasons. Firstly, the number of reports received complaining about it. Secondly, that posts were beginning to become intemperate and abusive towards Options and his views which, in my opinion, would have escalated.
Religion is a topic that engenders strong feelings, pretty entrenched views and intolerance on either side. That's not to say it can't be discussed, but you know the old social etiquette saw "If you want to enjoy your meal don't discuss religion or politics at the dinner party"
cheers
jon
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MOB FOR THEIR GOOD EFFORT IN GETTING MY THREAD "3 SPIRITUAL QUESTIONS" CLOSED. LOTS OF APPLAUSE TO YOU ALL! closed by Barjon. Barjon, Can I do a poll for members to have their say to re-open thread? (just a suggestion). I did say that the thread had the potential to be one of the biggest at t2w. I still believe it has that potential!! but the real people and NOT the MOB trying to sell their services to clients are the real losers now. Remember I did put thread in foyer area. Broke no rules. Have always been polite. And am not imposing ANYTHING I say on others. If they wish to view. Then fine. What about freedom of speech Jon. Can't people make their own minds up? Yes this is a trading site (?). But also the best place for my words. However uncomfortable they may be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Charts thread stater of " t2w being trashed by religious threads"
I'm beginning to feel this site is being trashed by religious zealots instead of the usual spam 'n scam trashers. I've got no objection whatsoever to threads about religion, but this is going to extremes. Isn't it supposed to be a trading site leavened with a bit of general chat, rather than a home for the religious extremists? It is doing t2w no good at all when new people come along and see the site is being swamped with pseudo-religious claptrap. Richard
The post above is recommended by: DionysusToast , Charlton , Atilla , STRTRADA ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DCraig "We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins,br /> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Arabianights post what you want, but the content and manner in which it is written is indistinguishable from religious mania, a common symptom of several mental illnesses.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Atilla I am unscribing from your threads... Curiousity had the better of me but I just now - kissed the dog and kicked the cat. Enjoy all that you do...
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dionysus Toast Religion is a mental illness. Nothing more, nothing less. I heard the Chinese have a cure...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- subarashi This board is about trading! Gods have nothing to do with it! Please take your GOD and stuff it somewhere else.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- SI55AMG Absolutely right....!! And it always seems to be the same few that keep doing it over and over again, ( You know who you are.. ) pumping s%!t in the thread and starting religious hatred here on T2W , some even being forum moderators/guides! Stupid Pr!£ks!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys.
Yes I am a religious NUT and I spout a lot of religious claptrap (To use Mr Charts words) in MY THREADS.
My threads are in the FOYER and its acceptable HERE to have RELIGIOUS threads. You all have made your opinion that RELIGION is NOT to your liking and that you are all ANTI religious discussion.
So please stay away from the foyer area and stay in the trading areas where you are most comfortable.
Your posts are NOT welcome on my threads!
Please follow the decision made by ATILLA to unsubscribe from my threads. Those that want to hear and discuss RELIGIOUS matters are welcome. Those that don't want to hear or discuss RELIGIOUS matters i ask you POLITELY NOT TO POST.
Those that have a MOB attitude/mentality and ENJOY the thrill of power to close down threads PLEASE do yourself and us religious nutters a favour and keep away so we can get on with our discussions in peace!
Its easy done by pressing the ignore button. If you don't know how its done Ask Atilla or a staff member.
Thanks for staying away.
Options

Well said :cheesy:

BarJohn
Re: t2w being trashed by religious threads I should make it clear that I did not close the thread because of any breach of the guidelines by Options.
I closed the thread for two reasons. Firstly, the number of reports received complaining about it. Secondly, that posts were beginning to become intemperate and abusive towards Options and his views which, in my opinion, would have escalated.
Religion is a topic that engenders strong feelings, pretty entrenched views and intolerance on either side. That's not to say it can't be discussed, but you know the old social etiquette saw "If you want to enjoy your meal don't discuss religion or politics at the dinner party"
cheers
jon
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MOB FOR THEIR GOOD EFFORT IN GETTING MY THREAD "3 SPIRITUAL QUESTIONS" CLOSED. LOTS OF APPLAUSE TO YOU ALL! closed by Barjon. Barjon, Can I do a poll for members to have their say to re-open thread? (just a suggestion). I did say that the thread had the potential to be one of the biggest at t2w. I still believe it has that potential!! but the real people and NOT the MOB trying to sell their services to clients are the real losers now. Remember I did put thread in foyer area. Broke no rules. Have always been polite. And am not imposing ANYTHING I say on others. If they wish to view. Then fine. What about freedom of speech Jon. Can't people make their own minds up? Yes this is a trading site (?). But also the best place for my words. However uncomfortable they may be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Charts thread stater of " t2w being trashed by religious threads"
I'm beginning to feel this site is being trashed by religious zealots instead of the usual spam 'n scam trashers. I've got no objection whatsoever to threads about religion, but this is going to extremes. Isn't it supposed to be a trading site leavened with a bit of general chat, rather than a home for the religious extremists? It is doing t2w no good at all when new people come along and see the site is being swamped with pseudo-religious claptrap. Richard
The post above is recommended by: DionysusToast , Charlton , Atilla , STRTRADA ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DCraig "We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins,br /> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Arabianights post what you want, but the content and manner in which it is written is indistinguishable from religious mania, a common symptom of several mental illnesses.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Atilla I am unscribing from your threads... Curiousity had the better of me but I just now - kissed the dog and kicked the cat. Enjoy all that you do...
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dionysus Toast Religion is a mental illness. Nothing more, nothing less. I heard the Chinese have a cure...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- subarashi This board is about trading! Gods have nothing to do with it! Please take your GOD and stuff it somewhere else.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- SI55AMG Absolutely right....!! And it always seems to be the same few that keep doing it over and over again, ( You know who you are.. ) pumping s%!t in the thread and starting religious hatred here on T2W , some even being forum moderators/guides! Stupid Pr!£ks!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys.
Yes I am a religious NUT and I spout a lot of religious claptrap (To use Mr Charts words) in MY THREADS.
My threads are in the FOYER and its acceptable HERE to have RELIGIOUS threads. You all have made your opinion that RELIGION is NOT to your liking and that you are all ANTI religious discussion.
So please stay away from the foyer area and stay in the trading areas where you are most comfortable.
Your posts are NOT welcome on my threads!
Please follow the decision made by ATILLA to unsubscribe from my threads. Those that want to hear and discuss RELIGIOUS matters are welcome. Those that don't want to hear or discuss RELIGIOUS matters i ask you POLITELY NOT TO POST.
Those that have a MOB attitude/mentality and ENJOY the thrill of power to close down threads PLEASE do yourself and us religious nutters a favour and keep away so we can get on with our discussions in peace!
Its easy done by pressing the ignore button. If you don't know how its done Ask Atilla or a staff member.
Thanks for staying away.
Options

I think its sad that the religiously adherent members demand so much respect for religion that they stifle religious debate, by hot-tempered crticism, requests for bans and resignations. But they were never obliged to take part in this debate, nor even read its content. The debate has been conducted away from the trading-related threads, in the Foyer, where threads are meant to be non-trading. Why would they visit this area or even open obviously religious threads if they have such touchy feelings? I do not criticise them for the strength of their particular beliefs - but I am sure the teachings they sincerely aim to follow do not include the prohibition of contrary opinions and I find their efforts to prevent others from taking part in open debate crosses the pale into self-righteousness and even paranoia. Shame.

Tom - by your measure, would it be OK to start threads on here discussing say - prostitution, chicken fighting, taking steroids, molesting children, methods of burglary, badger baiting...

Some topics are best left out of a forum. It's just trolling.

Yes to all these, if in the right area of the site.

As for the conduct of these debates, they should not incite criminal activity. But discussion of what is and what is not criminality is legitimate. As for outcomes of these debates, I sincerely hope for a better position for humanity, and as a by-product, a greater tolerance for others' opinions.

Tom - by your measure, would it be OK to start threads on here discussing say - prostitution, chicken fighting, taking steroids, molesting children, methods of burglary, badger baiting...

Some topics are best left out of a forum. It's just trolling.

As long as posts are within site guidelines. Yes.<br />

Toast<br />
Do you want to make any comments on the mob behaviour on the following points?<br />

a. They admitted that they are ANTI religion and ANTI God.So why do they enter such areas of religious topics? What's their motive?<br />

b. They broke several t2w rules.
<br />

c. They spouted many foul and obscene words.
<br />

d. They have NOT posted anything positive or constructive.
<br />

e. Barjon has also pointed out they were very naughty creatures and closed the thread because of fear their behaviour may escalate.
<br />

Any comments for any of the above points will be appreciated.
Any member can reply.
<br />

Thank you and have a good trading day.

"Yes I am a religious NUT and I spout a lot of religious claptrap "

Good. Recognition of one's problems is the first step to cure.
It really would be a good idea for t2w to merge all options' religious threads into one as then these boards are not being trashed, he wouldn't be copy and pasting into several threads all the time, and I doubt if anyone at all would raise any objections to his ranting - provided he doesn't disseminate hatred or intolerance.
Maybe there are objections to that solution I haven't thought of, but it seems a simple, just and equitable answer to the problems options is causing.

"Yes I am a religious NUT and I spout a lot of religious claptrap "

Good. Recognition of one's problems is the first step to cure.
It really would be a good idea for t2w to merge all options' religious threads into one as then these boards are not being trashed, he wouldn't be copy and pasting into several threads all the time, and I doubt if anyone at all would raise any objections to his ranting - provided he doesn't disseminate hatred or intolerance.
Maybe there are objections to that solution I haven't thought of, but it seems a simple, just and equitable answer to the problems options is causing.

Ah! The subtle ploy of the censured quote. yes I am a religious NUT and I spout a lot of religious claptrap (To use Mr Charts words) in MY THREADS. My threads are in the FOYER and its acceptable HERE to have RELIGIOUS threads.

I think its sad that the religiously adherent members demand so much respect for religion that they stifle religious debate, by hot-tempered crticism, requests for bans and resignations. But they were never obliged to take part in this debate, nor even read its content. The debate has been conducted away from the trading-related threads, in the Foyer, where threads are meant to be non-trading. Why would they visit this area or even open obviously religious threads if they have such touchy feelings? I do not criticise them for the strength of their particular beliefs - but I am sure the teachings they sincerely aim to follow do not include the prohibition of contrary opinions and I find their efforts to prevent others from taking part in open debate crosses the pale into self-righteousness and even paranoia. Shame.

All sounds good and reasonable IF the point of the religious threads is debate. It isn't really. They are either evangelism or some charlatan trying to suck in a few punters for his chat room/trading system etc. I want to make it perfectly clear that I'm not accusing Options of the latter.

So, options thinks he sees a "MOB" of people objecting to his evangelism.
Has anyone, ever, seen a mob of what he would call atheists rampaging through streets attacking religious people?
No, but some religious folk are wont to attack those who don't "believe" in their particular brand of "god", killing, maiming, burning, torturing.
Do "atheists" do that to the religious. No.
Find out more about "MOBS" before you bandy the word around quite so liberally, options.
Also check out your Beastie thread where you attack trendie for pulling you up over basic words when he was correct.
Please learn the use and misuse of words before you start to try to read the "word" of "god".
It will help you, honestly.

Oh dear, such knowledge and wisdom.

MOB: simply means a group of people, which rightly refers to the small group of people hijacking options threads, with insults and ridicule. Even starting threads to further their cause to close down these threads.

As far as you comments on atheists, I guess the fact that China is predomently athiest country would escape you, where still today Christans are killed daily for their beliefs. I guess little known names like Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot may have escaped you where 100's millions have been murdered for their faiths.

You atheists cite religion as killing, maiming, burning, torturing, causing wars etc etc, but are completely ignorant to the fact that atheism is a form of religion (ie the religion of not having a religion) and in its extreme like any religions extremism it has done the same.

So, options thinks he sees a "MOB" of people objecting to his evangelism.
Has anyone, ever, seen a mob of what he would call atheists rampaging through streets attacking religious people?
No, but some religious folk are wont to attack those who don't "believe" in their particular brand of "god", killing, maiming, burning, torturing.
Do "atheists" do that to the religious. No.
Find out more about "MOBS" before you bandy the word around quite so liberally, options.
Also check out your Beastie thread where you attack trendie for pulling you up over basic words when he was correct.
Please learn the use and misuse of words before you start to try to read the "word" of "god".
It will help you, honestly.

All sounds good and reasonable IF the point of the religious threads is debate. It isn't really. They are either evangelism or some charlatan trying to suck in a few punters for his chat room/trading system etc. I want to make it perfectly clear that I'm not accusing Options of the latter.

Hi. I should hope you are not accusing me of the former either. Lol

Do you know the definition of evangelism?
The practice of relaying information about a particular set of beliefs to others who do not hold those beliefs. It can be attributed to ANY belief a person or group holds; But it is normally attributed to fervent preachers; Christian preachers, the likes of Billy Graham and that type of ministry. And they will never refuse a donation to the cause.
They are not doing it out of kindness or love of mankind, but because they are providing a service.(sic) Of which the rewards are handsome. Have you ever seen so many wretched souls queuing up in every town to be saved by the minister?
It can be applied to any group though. A bunch of car mechanics trying to sway others that Diesel is better than petrol. Doctors for and doctors against invasive surgery. Even mob rule and Luddite behaviour that exist on these boards.

so, options thinks he sees a mob of people objecting to his evangelism
i am not an evangelist. I am not trying to force anything on people. Unlike you.
Has anyone, ever, seen a mob of what he would call atheists rampaging through streets attacking religious people? <br />
hey i am an atheist. I am not religious in that all religion is corrupt. So i don't believe in religion. J.c./god are not a religion. Christianity and all the other religions are man made. Anyone who worships religion, worship false gods.
A mob of what i would call atheists rampaging through the streets attacking religious people?
Are you serious mr charts? Obvious one. Is the nazi's and the jews. I won't even mention all the others!
Were the nazi's thinking of religion while they were rampaging? Hold on though, just thought. Hitler was a practising roman catholic!

No, but some religious folk are wont to attack those who don't believe in their particular brand of god, killing, maiming, burning, torturing.do "atheists" do that to the religious. No.

Find out more about mobs; before you bandy the word around quite so liberally, options.
Okay I will. Okay...done it.
I was wrong to say mob.
I should have classed you as a luddite mob in that you attack anything you do not want to accept or try to understand. You refuse to even consider any viewpoint that does not confirm to yours.

Also check out your beastie thread where you attack trendie for pulling you up over basic words when he was correct.
Please learn the use and misuse of words before you start to try to read the word of god>
it will help you, honestly.
have not been to the beast thread yet, and i will not post any more tonight as the caps button is kapput. I do sincerely apologise for 'shouting' my replies, but it can't be helped i'm afraid. Not until i can sort it out tomorrow. And i am correct on my grammar. I know there is one old headmaster on here who will back me up. Don't know how old trendie is, but maybe he comes from the age where standards began to decline.
Apologies again for shouting.

Last edited:
Oh dear, such knowledge and wisdom.

MOB: simply means a group of people, which rightly refers to the small group of people hijacking options threads, with insults and ridicule. Even starting threads to further their cause to close down these threads.

As far as you comments on atheists, I guess the fact that China is predomently athiest country would escape you, where still today Christans are killed daily for their beliefs. I guess little known names like Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot may have escaped you where 100's millions have been murdered for their faiths.

You atheists cite religion as killing, maiming, burning, torturing, causing wars etc etc, but are completely ignorant to the fact that atheism is a form of religion (ie the religion of not having a religion) and in its extreme like any religions extremism it has done the same.

Err ... Hitler was a Christian and the Third Reich was not an atheist putsch. And neither were the Russian and Chinese revolutions. And well, Pol Pot was just insanity in a world of constant death and fear created by American carpet bombing.

This is not true at all.

There is no atheist bible. Atheists do not have a common code of ethics.

Atheists do not run around, sending people to third world countries attempting to convert people to atheism.

Atheists do not start wars on religious grounds.

There has been no Atheist crusade.

Atheists do not blow themselves up or fly planes into buildings.

Atheism has no 'head', no spiritual leader.

Where are all these atheist extremists you mentions wanting to impose Atheist law on the citizens of the countries in which they reside.

Where are these atheist extremists in the press ?

Do atheists perhaps control the media and are therefore able to supress news of their misdeeds ?

Inquiring minds want to know.