Susquehanna?

oscar23

14 0
hi Guys, been surfing this forum on the quiet for many months now and have learned much...
I now have a chance to move into trading 'professionally' through an interview I have for an "Assistant Trader" position with Susquehanna SIG - I was just wondering if anyone here has experience of the company or of their interview technique? Not sure what to expect :confused:.
Any tips or info much appreciated :D!

-TGT.

anley

2,730 229
Expect your brain to be tested.

I reckon it won't be easy, they'll be hard on you and the interview I doubt will follow the standard interview technique.

If they ask you what '2 x 367.5 / 6 =' for example or one of those stupid questions and you don't know, you better have some good quick answer for why you don't know and why it's not important to be able to do those kind of mental tricks.

Good luck, I think you'll need it.

oscar23

14 0
anley said:
Expect your brain to be tested.

I reckon it won't be easy, they'll be hard on you and the interview I doubt will follow the standard interview technique.

If they ask you what '2 x 367.5 / 6 =' for example or one of those stupid questions and you don't know, you better have some good quick answer for why you don't know and why it's not important to be able to do those kind of mental tricks.

Good luck, I think you'll need it.

b*gger, I thought it'd be something like that, better get a bit of practice in then! - I'm not bad at the mental stuff, but no *super-whizz* either... I've been told to expect plenty of probability stuff too... so we'll see ;)...

-TGT

alpha_monkey

97 5
oscar23 said:
b*gger, I thought it'd be something like that, better get a bit of practice in then! - I'm not bad at the mental stuff, but no *super-whizz* either... I've been told to expect plenty of probability stuff too... so we'll see ;)...-TGT

how did you get on?

oscar23

14 0
poorly. The math wasn't too tough but I didn't do myself justice with it, all probability based questions... I'd do much better now, knowing what to expect...but I guess you could say that about most things ;)

TGT.

Bazza74

6 0
Did interview with them in Dublin - 3 guys and loads of Poker/Probability Questions - again if i'd known in advance would have performed better. Prob. about 5 different types of Q's and I'd say I got 2 correct - but no job offer. They seemed very Quant based

Blangis

9 0
I face the same interview this week. Can anyone remeber any specific questions you were asked? I have been brushing up on probability/statistics but it would be very helpful to know which specific areas to concentrate on i.e. flipping coins/rolling dice/poker/lotteries, whatever. Any advice greatly appreciated :confused:

Tubbs

261 2
If you look in New Market Wizards you will see an interview with the guy who set up Susquevanna - or whatever - He is a poker junkie so that's why they are all probability questions etc - just quite interesting

sissymoon

7 0
blangis, do you remember any specific questions asked at SIG's interview or what kind of questions to expect? Do they require any detailed knowledge on probability such as bayes theorem, or just A-level staff? are the questions more prob or stat oriented?

Robertral

446 3
sissymoon said:
blangis, do you remember any specific questions asked at SIG's interview or what kind of questions to expect? Do they require any detailed knowledge on probability such as bayes theorem, or just A-level staff? are the questions more prob or stat oriented?

try looking at the first 3 chaps of any standard level text book....condition prob and the like!!!!

mojo2000

1 0
Interview for me too!

Blangis said:
I face the same interview this week. Can anyone remeber any specific questions you were asked? I have been brushing up on probability/statistics but it would be very helpful to know which specific areas to concentrate on i.e. flipping coins/rolling dice/poker/lotteries, whatever. Any advice greatly appreciated :confused:

I have the same question for you. I now face an interview with Susquehanna and would like to prep myself as much as I can. Does anyone remember any specific questions besides 2*367.5/6 ?

Robertral

446 3
mojo2000 said:
I have the same question for you. I now face an interview with Susquehanna and would like to prep myself as much as I can. Does anyone remember any specific questions besides 2*367.5/6 ?

Try (3/9.5)^2 ????

Maybe this one: if a stock today is woth 100 then what is the probability of that stock, with a volatility of 12% (ignore interest rates/divs), being within a price range of 130-140 in 5 months time?

Conditional probability, maybe

Try looking at a basic derivatives book (like hull) as there is some probability stuff in there...

good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock