Interview Help and advice

sak07

Hi,

I got a phone interview with susqueahnna next week and I am really keen to impress!!!! I 've searched for other posts regarding susquehanna interview technique and preparation and Im preping up on probability and poker questions and I am expecting some tough logic type questions also. Am I on the right track with what I am doing? I'd really appreciate some info and advice regarding this as I consider susquehanna to be the very best to start my career and I am so keen to get my foot in the door.

Many thanks.

read the economist, ft.. and relax

Just want to add, not the best advice - for future people. There is loads of information about the interview process if you search google. Its basically a chat about your academics, past times, work experience and then they ask you questions. These are logic questions and probability questions based on expected payoffs and other concepts. They are loosley based around the practice ones they send you. And if you've done any research, you'll know they are BIG BIG BIG time on poker. They even teach it to you as part of your training.

Hope you did well my friend. I had mine this morning, it went ok.. some good points and bad points. The more i find out about them the more i like so i'm hoping they deem me fit enough to fly me to dublin! - all the best!

Just want to add, not the best advice - for future people. There is loads of information about the interview process if you search google. Its basically a chat about your academics, past times, work experience and then they ask you questions. These are logic questions and probability questions based on expected payoffs and other concepts. They are loosley based around the practice ones they send you. And if you've done any research, you'll know they are BIG BIG BIG time on poker. They even teach it to you as part of your training.

Hope you did well my friend. I had mine this morning, it went ok.. some good points and bad points. The more i find out about them the more i like so i'm hoping they deem me fit enough to fly me to dublin! - all the best!

so what will you answer in the question:
Tell me about the economy?

?? ? ?? ? ??

read vault career guide to sales and trading first.

Please do it

they wont ask you that question. I was giving my advice based on research and experience. They have no interest in what a fresh graduate thinks about the economy, they are only interested at this stage in making sure you have the raw skills to succede. Then in later stages, if you want to talk about the economy go right ahead. The vault pages are good but annoying that the most useful information you have to pay for tho. Good advice

did you apply for an IB or a decent trading company ?

If you apply where I work I will asked it for sure.. and I am one of the good guy's imagine what the others will ask you.

You can get the vault for free from university library or career service

Something tells me the original poster no longer really cares....

Duely noted! I know it was 2005 but i thought it might be worthwile re-opening the idea as its also what I am intersted in. Its kinda gone off topic now so nevermind!

Also, to Magos, I agree your question is completely valid for many other firms. However, this thread ws about susquehanna and so I was giving company specific information. If you were interviewing me, I would already have an answer prepared don't you worry!

All the best guys!