Support/Resistance

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.
Sep 9, 2010
Compton, Ca.
If I am trading off of the 1 hour time frame should I draw support resistance levels for the 1 hour time frame?
Or better yet the time frame I am trading off of should I draw support resistance levels for that time frame?
Thank You

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
If I am trading off of the 1 hour time frame should I draw support resistance levels for the 1 hour time frame?
Or better yet the time frame I am trading off of should I draw support resistance levels for that time frame?
Thank You

You should draw s/r off the time-frame you are working in but there is good argument that s/r in daily, weekly and monthly t/f's are more significant to price behaviour. Probably even more so when you get confluence across multiple time-frames.

Just to add another factor, many people give special added potential to s/r levels that coincide with trend-lines, significant MA's and large round numbers.

Of course, nothing of this says you can depend on any s/r level 100%.

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
fxcorrelator.com
Support and resistance is very important in markets .......but like others are saying it’s still only part of the puzzle ......

The key to trading is identifying market characteristics and dynamics that are the most powerful .....and then mixing them to generate the best entry signals

N