Stop loss lesson and D4F

juanbyte said:
This does not sound like TA, it sounds like pivot points which I personally think are utter nonsence.

Hi Juanbyte,

Pivot points have been selected as a guide for entering and leaving trades by a lot of well known posters. I agree with you, I have tried to work out a good trading system with them but they don't make sense to me. That does not mean to say that they are no good, just that I do not trade with what I do not understand. If others can, then good luck to them.

Split

Emasiello have you looked at trading the mini Dow Direct Market with spiketrading you can bracket orders allowing you to set buy price, stop, and limit for each trade a great idea if you have set targets and can't watch the screen all day.

Allso if you expect the market to move a large amount ie FOMC days binarys can be a good fixed price option

dc2000 said:
Emasiello have you looked at trading the mini Dow Direct Market with spiketrading you can bracket orders allowing you to set buy price, stop, and limit for each trade a great idea if you have set targets and can't watch the screen all day.

Allso if you expect the market to move a large amount ie FOMC days binarys can be a good fixed price option

Apologies for not responding sooner, have been away for 5 days house hunting in Spain.

Thanks for all the feedback, its been interesting. I havent looked into mini Dow direct but it sounds interesting, I will do a search on the board and see what I find. I will probably contact you via PM if i get stuck (do you mind dc2000?) also re CFDs I do think its the way to go at the mo, what does the 300 shares equate to in terms of GBP per point.

Enzo