stock market crash on the way spring/summer 2012?

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
Hi

It's looking ugly out there. Even the pleb on the street is starting to realise printing money doesn't work.

Anyone else think big falls are on the cards in the next week and further huge drops to follow.

Choc D

Hi

It's looking ugly out there. Even the pleb on the street is starting to realise printing money doesn't work.

Anyone else think big falls are on the cards in the next week and further huge drops to follow.

Choc D

Could be, MD.

I try not to think about things like that because they just don't help me. But if it does happen I would expect a bumper few months - markets like that are the easiest to trade by a country mile.

Could be, MD.

I try not to think about things like that because they just don't help me. But if it does happen I would expect a bumper few months - markets like that are the easiest to trade by a country mile.

somethings brewing. I have a vested interest in it falling through my asset management business. I suppose that does skew my view, I am re-reading reminiscences again and it talks about that. granted it doesn't help the day trader to have a long term view like that but I feel it's coming.

oh god more printy printy

Eurozone plan to hold €240bn in reserve - FT.com

Capitalism sucks but nobody has come up with an alternative that is remotely viable !!
For everyone to have a lifestyle of the USA we would need the resources of 5 - yes 5 planet earths.
There is an island of throw away plastics in the middle of the Pacific as big as a small country. Well out of sight but as the plastic deteriorates very small bits get into the plankton and therefore into the food chain. It doesn't make a profit to clear up the mess so it just gets worse and worse.

Capitalism promotes greed and selfishness not good housekeeping etc.

Capitalism sucks but nobody has come up with an alternative that is remotely viable !!
For everyone to have a lifestyle of the USA we would need the resources of 5 - yes 5 planet earths.
There is an island of throw away plastics in the middle of the Pacific as big as a small country. Well out of sight but as the plastic deteriorates very small bits get into the plankton and therefore into the food chain. It doesn't make a profit to clear up the mess so it just gets worse and worse.

Capitalism promotes greed and selfishness not good housekeeping etc.

Not this sh!t again...:rolleyes:

Thank God for Murray Rothbard

Conservation And Property Rights (by Murray N. Rothbard) - YouTube

As it is plastic and made of hydrocarbons, won't it all eventually sink to the bottom of the sea get covered by sediment over time, be compressed by the weight of the sediment and revert back to being crude oil?

As it is plastic and made of hydrocarbons, won't it all eventually sink to the bottom of the sea get covered by sediment over time, be compressed by the weight of the sediment and revert back to being crude oil?

Apparently not. Just gradually poisons the oceans and us

Are you deadbroke in disguise?:clap:

I think we will go a little higher first I don't think it's going to collapse just yet. What do I know though I'm a mug.

Not this sh!t again...:rolleyes:

Thank God for Murray Rothbard

[/url]

Just been watching a program about poaching in S. African game reserves. Thought of NT and his money grubbing friends !! They are slaughtering the last few rhino for their horns, to sell !! Capitalism gone barmey !!
Sweat shops in Asia
The weapons trade
child labour
etc etc
shame on you NT. Do principles and morality count for nothing in your world or are they up for sale too !!

Last edited:
For sure no big collapse before the US elections. Maybe small corrections, that's all. Obama will be blonde first before allowing the plane to nose dive right now.

Just been watching a program about poaching in S. African game reserves. Thought of NT and his money grubbing friends !! They are slaughtering the last few rhino for their horns, to sell !! Capitalism gone barmey !!
Sweat shops in Asia
The weapons trade
child labour
etc etc
shame on you NT. Do principles and morality count for nothing in your world or are they up for sale too !!

With all the McDonald's hamburger outlets around the world, and all the Burger King outlets, and all the butchers, supermarkets and other greedy "Capitalists" selling meat for profit you would think cows would be extinct by now! But they aren't are they? How do you explain that Pat494? Do cows breed like flies?

What about chickens? KFC etc...aren't they greedy Capitalists?

Explain why your theory of greedy Capitalists doesn't apply with these animals...

Is there any pollution in China? Russia? North Korea? Vietnam?

Don't put yourself on a pedestal mate, you are in this forum because you want to make money, not because you want to save the environment :rolleyes:

Sweat shops in Asia
The weapons trade
child labour
etc etc

Also, let me say shame on you making judgments about my principles when you know nothing about me…

poaching...weapons trade...child labour...what makes you think I’m in favour of any of them???

Capitalism eliminated child labour.Why were most children made to work before the 20th century? Is it because parents were sadistic and governments cruel? Hardly. It’s because, before capitalism made us rich, children had to work if they were to survive at all. When a family lives on the equivalent of a dollar a day, there is no alternative: if you can work, you work—or you starve.

What eliminates child labor is not government decree but a rising standard of living. That’s what eliminated it in the West during the 19th century and that is what is eliminating it today in places like China. As parents grow richer, one of the first things they do is use their burgeoning incomes to send their children to school.

This is not solely an issue of parental benevolence. The fact is, children are not very productive in a modern society. They lack the skills, knowledge, and attention span needed to perform important tasks. Once industrial capitalism began to advance beyond simple machines, there wasn’t a whole lot children could do.

I don’t expect you to understand this because Marxists like you rarely formulate logical arguments, nor can you think clearly. It’s all emotional rhetoric..

With all the McDonald's hamburger outlets around the world, and all the Burger King outlets, and all the butchers, supermarkets and other greedy "Capitalists" selling meat for profit you would think cows would be extinct by now!
About as a tenuous link as you could get to the disappearing rhino.
Hardly the argument of an intelligent mind.
You're serious guy, a hater of people so maybe this is your sense of humour.

About as a tenuous link as you could get to the disappearing rhino.
Hardly the argument of an intelligent mind.
You're serious guy, a hater of people so maybe this is your sense of humour.

Then explain it to me genius. Tell me why you think greedy capitalists haven't made the cow an endagered species.