SpreadCo

OK by 30% slippage you mean re-quotes. £50 per point is quite a high stake if you for instance is trading the Dow, you will for sure get more dealer re-quotes with this kind of stake. As I wrote on the other Spreadco thread, 0.80 point spread on the Dow is a very tight spread, and the problem with this is a higher probability of getting re-quotes. But yes, if this is the case that the problem is severe they have to address this issue, because it can be very annoying and disturb the rhythm in ones trading.

I would say that £50 a point is VERY high as regards SB companies, not quite high. I recall the guy from Capital Spreads mentioning on one thread that the average is around £3 a point.....??

average is £3 a point? wow. ive used from £1 - £50 for stake on S.B and not had MUCH problems other than a few requotes tbh.

I would say that £50 a point is VERY high as regards SB companies, not quite high. I recall the guy from Capital Spreads mentioning on one thread that the average is around £3 a point.....??
Well I actually meant a high stake, no use trading SB with that kind of stake size, maybe an exception for Prospreads as you are very close to trading the real market.

average is £3 a point? wow. ive used from £1 - £50 for stake on S.B and not had MUCH problems other than a few requotes tbh.
Don't worry, you will probably soon come down in average stake size.:)

Don't worry, you will probably soon come down in average stake size.:)

Are you implying im going to make a huge loss?

Also - im sure there are other out there who have much larger stakes, hundreds perhaps thousands.

i didnt think £50 was small, but i didnt think it was massive either.

Also - im sure there are other out there who have much larger stakes, hundreds perhaps thousands.

Cmon Buddy Post up some Live Trades or shut up.....
I assure you that that whilst you make the point that no one is interested, I can say with utter certainty that more than a few are.....:LOL:

Cmon Buddy Post up some Live Trades or shut up.....
I assure you that that whilst you make the point that no one is interested, I can say with utter certainty that more than a few are.....:LOL:

hey, im not a god. i cant see the future, neither have i made claims that i am/can.

i CAN make mistakes. i CAN lose out just like any of us can.

you trade on your own, you make your own choices/decisions.

i think i'll take the latter option.

Hey come on, it is only a joke. But if one see things from a money management point of view, £50 on the indices is a lot. Either it means you are taking a huge risk or that you have deep pockets, meaning you have enough capital on your account to be able to handle a natural statistical variation of a string of losses.

If £5k is having deep pockets, then wow im minted. I wouldnt consider that to be a huge sum of money.

If £5k is having deep pockets, then wow im minted. I wouldnt consider that to be a huge sum of money.
What is you stop loss in general trading the indices? How much are you prepared to lose per trade, in percentage of your capital?

hey, im not a god. i cant see the future, neither have i made claims that i am/can.

i CAN make mistakes. i CAN lose out just like any of us can.

you trade on your own, you make your own choices/decisions.

i think i'll take the latter option.

You aren't making any decisions and you're full of Fertiliser......:smart:

@KIUK, may I just say with all respect and as a neutral observer to this thread, I'm quite amazed that you're taking on that much risk, and gle101 might be making a very worthwhile point. In other words, surely even half of your current maximum stake size on indices of 50pp with 5k on the table, is dangerously overleveraged?

@KIUK, may I just say with all respect and as a neutral observer to this thread, I'm quite amazed that you're taking on that much risk, and gle101 might be making a very worthwhile point. In other words, surely even half of your current maximum stake size on indices of 50pp with 5k on the table, is dangerously overleveraged?
I think KIUK is just pulling our legs.:)
At the other thread he says that a margin call can act as a stop loss.

What is you stop loss in general trading the indices? How much are you prepared to lose per trade, in percentage of your capital?

very little!

if my trade swings the wrong way and im £125+ down, i will close the position, but i will make sure i make that back. risky? perhaps.

i only trade 50pp, or 100pp when im very confident.

usually i trade with 10pp if im feeling lucky, or 1-5pp if im tentative.

and yes i know i have been 365 down as per my statement, and i have been down more than that also - thats where discipline comes into it. still working on discipline.

I think KIUK is just pulling our legs.:)
At the other thread he says that a margin call can act as a stop loss.

i didnt say that a margin call acts as a stop loss. a margin call means ur pretty much f00ked !

i said with £1 per point, on a capital of £400, it would probably take 300 points down before margin call would kick in. So you shouldnt even get to that stage with £1p/point stake on such capital balance.

Yes he is pulling our legs, sorry KIUK but I don't have time for this kind of talk.

I'm a small cap newbie trader just starting out and decided spread betting was a good choice for me. I'm still learning to ropes really, though I have opened a live account with Spreadco a couple of weeks ago and I thought it beneficial if I report my experience with them so far.
Setting up the account was quick and easy, customer service was helpful and polite, they even called me a few days in to see how I was faring with the platform, which I think was pretty nice.
I use their downloadable platform as I dislike browser based platforms. In terms of functionality, their analysis tools are somewhat lacking (as compared to some of these metatrader4 demos i've tried) but they have all I need to implement my trading strategy so no complaints there.

I have made a couple of hundred trades so far, and I'm a full 3 pence up on my original investment :cheesy: and so far still loving it.

I did have to spend a considerable amount of time determining what I will be trading as their spreads sometimes heavily outweigh the average (intraday) volatility (especially with UK equities), but this may only be relevant to the shorter term traders.

All in all they seem a pretty good bet :p I'll be sure to post anything else noteworthy as I continue trading with them.

I'm a small cap newbie trader just starting out and decided spread betting was a good choice for me. I'm still learning to ropes really, though I have opened a live account with Spreadco a couple of weeks ago and I thought it beneficial if I report my experience with them so far.
Setting up the account was quick and easy, customer service was helpful and polite, they even called me a few days in to see how I was faring with the platform, which I think was pretty nice.
I use their downloadable platform as I dislike browser based platforms. In terms of functionality, their analysis tools are somewhat lacking (as compared to some of these metatrader4 demos i've tried) but they have all I need to implement my trading strategy so no complaints there.

I have made a couple of hundred trades so far, and I'm a full 3 pence up on my original investment :cheesy: and so far still loving it.

I did have to spend a considerable amount of time determining what I will be trading as their spreads sometimes heavily outweigh the average (intraday) volatility (especially with UK equities), but this may only be relevant to the shorter term traders.

All in all they seem a pretty good bet :p I'll be sure to post anything else noteworthy as I continue trading with them.
Thanks for your report. Have you been trading any of the indies? I am myself especially interested how it is trading the Dow with Spreadco. They got a very tight spread on the Dow and wonder if there is any problem with re-quotes and slippage? Also how fast the platform performs in live trading execution wise?

Thanks for your report. Have you been trading any of the indies? I am myself especially interested how it is trading the Dow with Spreadco. They got a very tight spread on the Dow and wonder if there is any problem with re-quotes and slippage? Also how fast the platform performs in live trading execution wise?

I haven't traded the DOW, the only indice I trade is the UK(FTSE)100 at the moment. I've noticed a little slippage (nothing significant, and very rare), but that can be put to the fast price action at the time. As for the execution, I haven't noticed any difference from the demo platform. nice and quick (y)