Can u simultaneously buy&sell currency in TS8.3?

Warning

I have just spent several minutes pruning the sillyness and name-calling from this thread. Please refrain from this, otherwise it will be closure/deletion of the thread and infractions next time

Dear GammaJammer, why the belligerent attitude? Why the personal attacks? Are you perhaps a spoiled teenager: unable to discuss any subject without resorting to needless innuendos? Who cares if my strategy is rubbish? Who cares if I make money or not? --verify it!!...don't verify it!!! That's irrelevant. Learn from my heinous mistake and move on... But, if you are so interested in the answer to "your" question, why don't you open a demo account with one of the brokers which software supports this despicable feature and see for yourself?... Also, if you are so bored with this thread, why do you keep coming back?!

Unfortunately, fellow traders, this thread has gone onto a rather undesirable tangent which makes it very unpleasant for me to keep discussing it.

"When people thought the Earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was spherical they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the Earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the Earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."
- Isaac Asimov

why don't you open a demo account with one of the brokers which software supports this despicable feature and see for yourself?..

Well, seeing as you seem to be such a well-adjusted fellow and all, I decided to take your advice. I established a few simultaneous long and short positions, and I've got to tell you, it felt pretty damn good.

Strangely however, I almost immediately purchased a large amount of male cosmetics - moisturisers, scrubulants and so forth. Mmm, my skin felt so soft! Then I began taking a close interest in interior design and fashion. My wardrobe was so last month! Luckily I met a nice man called Fernando at the gym who gave me a totally fabulous fashion makeover. The final shocking realisation only hit me when I traded in my Ford Transit for an Audi TT. In hot pink.

That's right my friend. Simultaneously buying and selling currency had turned me gay.

So fellow traders, even though anoybot's idea is clearly a work of genius, please be aware that it may have some side-effects which might potentially annoy your girlfriend a bit (mine is currently forcing me to undergo scientific electro-brain-shock therapy in order to "cure" me).

'anonybot' (you scamp you) - post up some trade pairs you would have exectuted and how your net position ended and explain your rationale and how you would have come out better than closing each trade pair and opening a new one. Forget commissions and costs - lets keep it simple. We may have something to learn here.

... Luckily I met a nice man called Fernando at the gym who gave me a totally fabulous fashion makeover...

...That's right my friend. Simultaneously buying and selling currency had turned me gay...
Oh boy! I have to give it to you, Spam Man, if you are as good a trader as you are insulting people you must be filthy rich by now: I don’t know how many people you have insulted in just two sentences. What are your next demographics: the Chinese and the Indians?! …Or, was that perhaps a Freudian slip?

'anonybot' (you scamp you) - post up some trade pairs you would have exectuted and how your net position ended and explain your rationale and how you would have come out better than closing each trade pair and opening a new one. Forget commissions and costs - lets keep it simple. We may have something to learn here.
Even though, I’m less than inclined to reveal the inner workings of this strategy now, given the hostility in this thread, I’ll honor you with an answer. It may not be the recipe you asked for but I believe you are smart enough to figure it out on your own (the others, on the other hand, not so much! They might short circuit the only two neurons they have left in that empty nutshell they call head…lol)… First, I’ll ask you these: how many times have you been rammed by a stop just to see the price go back to/or beyond the same entry level a few minutes or hours later? Wouldn’t you wish you didn’t have that stop? What if the market goes back to the place where your stop lived resuming the previous trend? Could you take advantage of temporary pullbacks on a platform with no hedging without dropping a good trade or taking a loss? –Here lies your answer, my friend (think inequalities!)… One last question, when you give an IOU to someone, who has your money, you or the person with the IOU?

1)plenty of times but no more than going through my stop and continuing further still
2)you do but i dont fancy you keeping hold of it without going to court

1)plenty of times but no more than going through my stop and continuing further still
2)you do but i dont fancy you keeping hold of it without going to court

What can i say?!......still missing the point.......sidetracked by figured speech used to illustrate a point........buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm also interested in finding out if hedging is supported. I'm mainly a FX trader and my focus has been MetaTrader, but I'm now looking to work on some systems with TS8.

Thanks

I'm also interested in finding out if hedging is supported. I'm mainly a FX trader and my focus has been MetaTrader, but I'm now looking to work on some systems with TS8.

Thanks
Good luck in getting an answer, my feudal friend!!! ...And, beware of the stop-loss monster and its legion of drones lurking in the shallow waters of this infamous thread; waiting, patiently, for the right moment, just to pounce out of the darkness and bite your head off; for this strategy is frowned upon by the mother queen.