Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link

Er! He ran rings round you, joe. Showed you up as a know nothing even though you tried to wriggle out of it (even to the extent of saying you never said they hunted stops in the first place - despite the evidence of your own words). Then the feeble attempt to say that fulfilling a stop order, or any order, was "hunting". What a laugh, hunting by your somewhat tortured definition maybe, but everyone else defines "hunting" as it should be.

ps: and you've made you judgement as to his experience how? I bet you haven't had the courtesy to read the thread I quoted. Just another, know nothing, throwaway line then.

Tell you what I do have a live call for you:

You are an arrogant and self opinionated fool - no limits.

ps: and you've made you judgement as to his experience how? I bet you haven't had the courtesy to read the thread I quoted. Just another, know nothing, throwaway line then.

Tell you what I do have a live call for you:

You are an arrogant and self opinionated fool - no limits.

Yes, that's a safe call. Going no limits means the bookies will get confused. You have a winner before you even won.

Spread betting is an increasingly popular, but highly risky, form of speculating where both gains and losses can vastly exceed the original stake.
The group of 370 IG customers, who wish not to be named, blame the broker’s systems for failing to allow them to “close” or settle their positions before losses grew too large. In the worst case one investor, who had staked less than £10,000, now faces losses of £250,000.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...02/How-370-investors-lost-18m-in-minutes.html

The stooge is simply paid to dismiss experiences of real traders , then gets angry and start using obscene language , like we were some sort of sex pistols fans.

I will give you a clear example of how S B companies hunt stops.It is middle of night , the dax customer orders are buy stop at 12180 and sell stop from another customer at 12140 , price now is 12160 .The first stop to be hit is 12180 , because there is a demand at 12135, the broker closes a sale order at 12180 , then goes and closes at 12140 sell stop and buying at 12140 , there a quick 40 ticks for stop hunting.

This is why I never use stops.

And why is this such a great revelation ? SBs Stop hunt all the time night or day, though probably more fruitful outside market hours and for the naiive who are leave stops OOMH.

Last edited:
I am absolutely not anti-SB. The more profit they make the happier I get. My profit came from them. If their profit is easy, they have less reason to come after me.

I am discussing here only out of interest in the trading related mechanisms. Since the stooges are paid, making them work a little harder is only fair and I might get some lulz.

Stooging also occur in other industries too. In the search engine business, aggression of stooges makes the financial related stooges look like cuddly teddy bears.

I can't prove what I say, which is that I don't get money from SB firms for trying to make them look good on T2W.

But you can prove what you say - which is that they pay people to big them up on T2W.

I don't know whether you will contact them and offer your services. But I'm not holding my breath.

But wait there's an incognito " CEO " here, so maybe this is part of his job application.

LOL

5e2e69f60cf0576671cf63a7d9df-no-matter-how-stupid-or-irrational-people-are-they-almost-always-think-they-are-perfectly-rational.jpg

But I see frauds that don't know they are frauds.

And btw, when I said I use stops, yes I do but on the FUTURES and STOCKs exchanges. I don't touch SBs, they are for newbies.

But I see frauds that don't know they are frauds.

And btw, when I said I use stops, yes I do but on the FUTURES and STOCKs exchanges. I don't touch SBs, they are for newbies.

So 20 odd years in the game and you still think stops are a good idea! Got your number 118 :sneaky:

Maybe you could explain to the great unwashed why those stops are better than the OTC offerings :D

hi wf,

do you have a good reason for this sweeping statement ?

have you lost money on spreadbetting platforms and blame this on them?

More like I won a couple thousand pounds from them and moved on to a real market, it's my opinion but to me it's mickey mouse.

WTF does this mean ?
You start trading futures and stocks and then we can talk, I don't do OTC stuff.

Ever get slippage on those stops? Ever get spreads widening when things get thin? Of course you do o wise one, natural part of the market :D

Ever get positive slippage on a limit order? :LOL:

GTFO! :LOL:

More like I won a couple thousand pounds from them and moved on to a real market, it's my opinion but to me it's mickey mouse.

ok, you didn't give a good reason there.. just more of the same sweeping negatives.

:)

Last edited:

So you started being mickey mouse. Then you got bigger after winning 2k. Now you are pro level. Why don't you call out some real trades ? Then people get to see your skills.

Don't bother with stocks because those are mickey mouse markets. Do FX, indices, and commodities that everyone have access to for easy assessment. If the call outs match my direction, I wouldn't mind doing some copy trading and partake in your success.

This is the rebuttal team response .Either this or pretend you know nothing about these activities.

It is expected on forums , where brokers often sponsor forums.
Here's another thread that makes me want to laugh and cry in equal measure. On the positive side, it's good to see some vigorous debate on an important trading related topic. That's become increasing rare of late. On the negative side, it's a shame that some members are unable to confine their comments to the points made by others and, instead, feel the need to undermine their credibility with personal attacks and by accusing them of posting misinformation because they are stooges for the SB industry. Here's fair warning to all of you who are guilty of this. From now on, I will make a point of using the red flag 'Report Post' facility to bring to the attention of the Mod Team everyone who does this.

If anyone has clear evidence that another member is a stooge - then by all means provide it. If not, kindly zip it. And by 'evidence', I mean real concrete, irrefutable evidence. Just because a member says that SB firms don't actively hunt stops - that doesn't automatically mean they must be stooges for the SB industry. For long standing and highly respected members to be unable to express their views without fear of being accused of being stooges is completely unacceptable. The same applies to any suggestion that T2W allows - or supports even - stooges of the SB industry. I can state quite categorically this is not the case.

Lastly, specific reference has been made to the credentials of highbury fx as outlined by him in this post. I know his identity and I can confirm that he is exactly who he claims to be and has held the positions stated. More importantly, I can assure members that there is no business relationship between highbury fx / the firm he is the CEO of and T2W. He has absolutely nothing to gain by posting here: he is a normal member on a par with everyone else.
Tim.

I have to admit I did intimidate foroom enough with stooging accusations that he started hesitating posting up all the youtube videos. As there is no proof those videos are misinformation, those videos especially the ones made by shops and the industry can now be considered wholesome, safe, and good for your pocket books.

So please foroom, knock your socks off and resume your task of transferring youtube on to the forum.