Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link

I heard of hind sight trading. This is the first hind sight calling I have come across.

In your original post, I said you didn't dare to put money on it. It's no good to now say you were right. You were not right, you were guessing it might do this or it might do that. Welcome to foroom's wood-have club for wooden dummies who are incapable of seizing opportunities.

No HIndsight at all.

You can see for yourself my post of 12/8/17, not edited, still in its original form.

Hi

What a lot of old rubbish.

1. A broker is often a SB or market maker. It can either be the market maker acting as principle to the trades or they can be a liquidity provider to clients as an execution only venue.

2. This point doesn't even make sense. But I think the point you're trying to make is a SB firm can't route toxic business/clients directly to the underlying market - they can, they do, you're wrong.

3. yes they do. yes there is.

4. you have a point here. Any delay in a fill should raise red flags that you're on the SB firms radar.

5. Stop hunting doesn't happen at SB firms. Your rambling about pivot points is nonsense. A stop order is an instruction to the SB firm to deal at the next available price once the order level has been touched. Simple, no hunting, no pivots, no conspiracy.....

6. clueless.

This person knows nothing about how SB firms operate.

Best, HF.

Oh dear another self appointed " industry insider " jumping in out of context without reading the entire narrative and attempts to show himself as the ' voice of knowledge '.

1) No trading on an exchange = no broker. What part don't you get ?

2) I think this is BS, " toxic " business indeed :D, give an example please.

3) Not the ones I have used and not the ones my friends work at and it would be illegal under FCA rules.

5) It doesn't make sense because it was in reply to someone elses's point regarding pivots and such. Perhaps Read the thread first then reply .

Stop hunting exist because that is the very reason why SBs exist - to bet and win against you. If you want to stick your head in sand and continue to be a sucker, be my guest.

6) I do agree that you are clueless, at least you're humble.

This person is seems to arrogant to read the thread before posting out of context and then presumes to tell us about how SB firms operate despite not knowing himself.

Yes it does. It is the market maker's right to hunt for orders, be those stops or other kinds. When SB is the MM then they are directly responsible for hunting stops.

Thank God for some facts from someone who actually knows what he is talking about. Won't halt the conspiracy theorists in their tracks, though, they've got to blame their losses on someone but themselves after all.

LOL @ you know who . HAHA !

Are you saying that SB firms systematically hunt for stops all the time or at certain times only? Under what circumstances do SB firms hunt for stop losses and more interestingly how do they do it?

Please don't tell me they'll move a 20/23 quote to 04/23 to take out the sell stops at 05. It has to be more professional than that.

The more detailed you are in your explanation will help.

thanks, HF.

That's the trouble with you. You've missed the entire conversation, the you jump in without knowing head or tail and you expect others to fill you in like you're some VIP ?

I'm laffing at you. :cheesy:

You're example is so unreal that it borders on ignorance. Why don't you Re-read #65

The SB can and does often manual override software, you should know this if you claim to be so knowledgeable.

I agree that the software systematically fills stop orders but that isn't what you said. You said SB firms hunt for stops.

Stop hunting is when a particular level in the market is achieved by either large volume selling or large volume buying to move the thin market to the desired level. Goldmans or SocGen or BNP or Deutsche may have the credit lines to attempt that but there isn't a SB firm in existence that could move EURUSD by more than a few pips. SB firms have so much 2 way flow and make so much spread that it isn't in their interest to try and influence where an FX pair trades. That consipiracy theory is bonkers.

I can see now you are confused with a SB firm filling stop orders automatically and what stop hunting actually means. It's fine to be wrong but when too many people insist they are right without the correct knowledge or deep understanding of the point they're defending it becomes a distraction to people who are trying learn.

if you had read some of my previous posts you will see I only defend my position from BS posts. I also don't consider myself to be in a hole. I consider myself in T2W terms as being an experienced voice that has proven himself to not put spin on answers.

I ignored this because it is nonsense. it doesn't make any sense.

you may as well have said.. jfjsk sajdkasjf ashdklsaf akdjsaksjdfklsa ;KHDA sajdal asDKJ and then insisted I reply to that.

secondary books, multi millionaires, blah blah blah.. what bollox.

HUh?

You sound like an oxymoron

Oh dear another self appointed " industry insider " jumping in out of context without reading the entire narrative and attempts to show himself as the ' voice of knowledge '.

1) No trading on an exchange = no broker. What part don't you get ?

2) I think this is BS, " toxic " business indeed :D, give an example please.

3) Not the ones I have used and not the ones my friends work at and it would be illegal under FCA rules.

5) It doesn't make sense because it was in reply to someone elses's point regarding pivots and such. Perhaps Read the thread first then reply .

Stop hunting exist because that is the very reason why SBs exist - to bet and win against you. If you want to stick your head in sand and continue to be a sucker, be my guest.

6) I do agree that you are clueless, at least you're humble.

This person is seems to arrogant to read the thread before posting out of context and then presumes to tell us about how SB firms operate despite not knowing himself.

Spread betting is an increasingly popular, but highly risky, form of speculating where both gains and losses can vastly exceed the original stake.
The group of 370 IG customers, who wish not to be named, blame the broker’s systems for failing to allow them to “close” or settle their positions before losses grew too large. In the worst case one investor, who had staked less than £10,000, now faces losses of £250,000.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...02/How-370-investors-lost-18m-in-minutes.html

The stooge is simply paid to dismiss experiences of real traders , then gets angry and start using obscene language , like we were some sort of sex pistols fans.

I will give you a clear example of how S B companies hunt stops.It is middle of night , the dax customer orders are buy stop at 12180 and sell stop from another customer at 12140 , price now is 12160 .The first stop to be hit is 12180 , because there is a demand at 12135, the broker closes a sale order at 12180 , then goes and closes at 12140 sell stop and buying at 12140 , there a quick 40 ticks for stop hunting.

This is why I never use stops.

we don't have 'different words' to describe our industry. A stop loss being filled automatically by a SB firms order management systems is not called a stop hunt by anyone.

You may call it hosed, rinsed, up-the-creak, etc because that may be more aligned to your experiences as an unlucky trader but it isn't reflective of how experienced people talk about stops.

I haven't been able to find anything credible about anything that you write.

If I was to say 80%, 90%, 99% of something it would be based on fact but t is clear you make things up as you go along and that undermines everything you say.

Some people so, they mix up the functions of brokers, MMS and SBs.

Sound familiar ?

No. again,again. You said: . "When SB is the MM then they are directly responsible for hunting stops" or are you challenging your own post?

YES they do and anyone who believes otherwise is a fool no matter who the object of your fanboy praises is.

A spread betting company is taking bets and subject to that legislation. It therefore HAS to make a book (ie: make its own prices as a market maker does) otherwise it's not considered betting. It must operate as an MM to protect its "betting" status (which is why gains for the punter are tax-free)

OMG talk about stating the obvious. HAHAHA

Order hunt, stop hunt, all the same. When you move the price to a particular place, it is deliberate, it's a hunt.

Unfortunately there a lot of jargon BS artist hiding behind that to appear as
" industry experts " that we should look up apparently.

A spread betting company is taking bets and subject to that legislation. It therefore HAS to make a book (ie: make its own prices as a market maker does) otherwise it's not considered betting. It must operate as an MM to protect its "betting" status (which is why gains for the punter are tax-free)

This is a dumb statement .It is tax free because it is like horse betting or any other form of gambling , to most ordinary people.99 % of them lose , according to your rebuttal grass the Tar Man.