Spread Betting Commodities

J123

Hi everyone, can anyone please recommend the best spread betting firms for dealing in commodities? By best I mean: tightest spreads, best execution, and preferably small dealing stakes. Having done some preliminary research (I've looked at fins, ig) it would appear the spreads on these instruments are pretty hefty (typically around 1% of the contract value).
Thanks in advance for any recommendations, thoughts or suggestions.
Joe

unless you're trading a very popular contract like oil or gold, you're best keeping away from s'bet firms for these.

if you're trading in size then maybe FuturesBetting is worth a look.

Otherwise look to the underlying and trade the future /spot markets.

IMO this is really one of those cases where it's better to be taxed on a profit than have no tax on no-profit (or a loss).

If you're very determined to stick with spreadbetting, then CMC were about the best when I did a compare and contrast some time ago.

This thread might be helpful: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=21263

Thanks Jack for your insightful reply. I have an ac with Man which I use to position trade agri & energies. The purpose of my investigation into spread betting is for testing out in real time shorter term swing trading models using low stakes. Aside from trading mini futures, are there any more cost efficient alternatives to accessing lower stake trading in commodity futures?

Thanks Jack for your insightful reply. I have an ac with Man which I use to position trade agri & energies. The purpose of my investigation into spread betting is for testing out in real time shorter term swing trading models using low stakes. Aside from trading mini futures, are there any more cost efficient alternatives to accessing lower stake trading in commodity futures?

Not that I'm aware of I'm afraid.