Guide Software Guide

Hi

I used to write C/C++ ( and other languages )software. Why not write your own trade execution program? It can be included in open GNU software.

Anyone interested with this, feel free to contact myself!

S K

is it possible to get a software with datafeeds for live european,asian & us indice charts e.g cac,dax,ftse100,nikkei,hangseng,dow etc.
basically i am looking for a software package where i wont need to start hunting down for feeds left right and centre,a package with links or choices of datafeeds is also ok
thanks for your help

maxed2win

Dear Rognvald, You seem knowledgable. I have accounts with CMC markets and IG index. I am interested in swing trading and back testing systems. Might also try FOREX. Can you recommend software that would work with these trading platforms and set up automated trades. I live in London. Thanks Max.

Is E Signal just a charting / scanner package or does it work as a broker to execute trades as well?

Is this guide intended to be comprehensive? I see no mention of Tradersstudio, of which I am a user, and which is a better backtesting and trade management tool than the vast majority referred to in the guide.

Thx
D

Re: Software Guide...OracleTrader for Forex markets

hI......Has there been any traders who may have purchased the OracleTrader software......its a programme that places a trade automatically on your behalf. It deploys a fast trigger signal thru to your trading platform when sensitive market data such a Non Farm Payroll results etc are announce monthly......it seems quite formiddable making claims of never ever having a losing month....though tempted to buy I cannot bring myself to the edge and commit....just a little guidance would be appreciated.

regards Peter R

Hi..thanks for yuor kind reply.....been down that road many many times....I found most of the Robots useless..but found the Invincible trading Expert Adviser great in giving me the confidence to go live.....depending on the time scale it has made my mental discipline sharper....I've actually jumped in a bought the two month Oracle package ...and must admit I've only had it three days and I'm still trying to match my getting up in the morning to match the news announcements....once that is sorted and the keeping of a trading journal I'll be happy as larry.....watch this space and I'll keep all advised on how things go (obviously I've only the minimum of seed money to start with).

Hi..thanks for yuor kind reply.....been down that road many many times....I found most of the Robots useless..but found the Invincible trading Expert Adviser great in giving me the confidence to go live.....depending on the time scale it has made my mental discipline sharper....I've actually jumped in a bought the two month Oracle package ...and must admit I've only had it three days and I'm still trying to match my getting up in the morning to match the news announcements....once that is sorted and the keeping of a trading journal I'll be happy as larry.....watch this space and I'll keep all advised on how things go (obviously I've only the minimum of seed money to start with).

I'm not expert on robots but here you can find the most appreciated of them : http://www.forex-2u.com/ .

Is there somewhere within this thread a post that talks about, or recommends some kind of portfolio tracking? Is there anything better out there than an excel spreadsheet for recording trades? I don't use NT or any other trading platform that automatically records your trading performance, and need something new, since I am now trading strategies that combine different methods, and I need to be able to keep a record of it all in one place.

Cheers!

Adrian

Is there somewhere within this thread a post that talks about, or recommends some kind of portfolio tracking? Is there anything better out there than an excel spreadsheet for recording trades? I don't use NT or any other trading platform that automatically records your trading performance, and need something new, since I am now trading strategies that combine different methods, and I need to be able to keep a record of it all in one place.

Cheers!

Adrian

Adrian, I can think of two that can track portfolios. Sharescope can do that, as well as Updata which I use, pretty sure esignal also. Most of the standard charting packages allow you to recreate your own shares you may also have purchased, as well as trades you are tracking.
Hope this has answered your query

can i find any FREE software and most importantly does any software work with Ubuntu ??

I am not looking for something comlicated with thousand of features a simple charting software that works with linux will do.

Hello, traders,

First of all, I apologise if I am writing in the wrong topic/section, but since I cant create a new thread and my knowledge in trading is extremely basic, I thought Ill give it a try here.

Long story short, having just roughly a month or two of experience in some trading games, I found out that I need some kind of program or a website where I could be able to track and analyse specific shares ( in terms of TA ) without having to start everything from the begining after my FFI trader trial expires.

So roughly what I am looking for:

- a free software/website that gives me an ability to track ftse100 and other european markets.
- a free software/website, that has drawing tools as well as basic indicators.

I am totally confused after looking through google search for something like that - It seems that I only get pro offers with trials or programs that I have to pay for.
I DO NOT INTEND TO TRADE WITH REAL MONEY YET. Just looking for a suitable free tool to continue studying this fascinating securities trading thing .

So if anyone has a basic idea of what im talking about and could give me a helping hand, i'd really appreciate that!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am trying digitallook interactive charts right now, but i just simply cant find how to save my workings..
And if I try to create some kind of 'imaginable portfolio' through portfolio/watchlist option, they give me only a basic chart without any edit options.

So I either cannot save my workings on different share charts and make a kind of watchlist of them or I can make a watchlist/portfolio of shares im interested in, but cannot work with their charts..

is it really that complicated or I am just dumb.. :D

Any good cheap (or free) applications for charting the Dow? ive been using freestockcharts fwiw

Any good cheap (or free) applications for charting the Dow? ive been using freestockcharts fwiw

Try this one out. Free Stock Charting Software | Technical Analysis Not sure if exacly what youre looking for, but I liked it . The only problem for me that i need nasdaqomx nordic/baltic markets data, but i simply cant find anywhere free and easy to use without going through 50 commercial sites to analyse 1 company (n)