Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Hi Mata,

Same here, and I agree wholeheartedly. Looks like I dropped in at a particularly opportune moment, because once in a blue moon I RTFM.

http://docs.mql4.com/account/AccountFreeMarginCheck

Cheers,

Jim

The link that you post demonstrates my point exactly. If you write an EA you can do a check for free margin before placing the order (which my EAs always do). Why then can the client itself not do the same check before sending the order? I dont want anyone to get me wrong. I prefer MT4 over the other SB software, i just think in this case i am justified in having a small moan about something that is clearly a case of stupidly bad program design.

Also a quick question for SLM that i will post here rather than ask direct because the answer will probably be of use to everyone.
- Could you please explain the difference between your live and demo data feeds? Unlike some SBs you dont delay your demo feed (which is really good) but there are evidently some pretty huge differences between live and demo data, and i think it would be very helpful to everyone (particularly those using EAs) if we could just have a brief explaination of those differences and the implications.

Thanks

Yes every moment is unique, every moment is the net result of a whole new combination of positions and traders at any given second in time. Charts cannot be decoded as there is no code, there is just a very real very mad crowd around the world betting on infinite ideas. :eek:

You make me see this whole business of trading in a completely different light, thanks.

Back on topic, the platform has been running trouble free all week.

It's only when you realise there is no secret code within the data that you can start developing a way to trade with what you have available (known factors) and what you cannot possibly ever know (unknown factors). It's extremely liberating when this finally sinks in.

I guess that's why most fail and most of who succeed never make genuine life changing fortunes from it.

And yay to the platform working all week!!

I spoke too soon, I am connected to SLM MT4 but nothing has updated since 10pm last Friday night.
Resterted PC's, rescanned servers but no luck.

Alpari MT4 is running on both PC's as usual.

So annoying after working well all last week.

I spoke too soon, I am connected to SLM MT4 but nothing has updated since 10pm last Friday night.
Resterted PC's, rescanned servers but no luck.

Alpari MT4 is running on both PC's as usual.

So annoying after working well all last week.

Morning Busfarehome.

I’m having the same problems this morning; however everything was OK last week.

3 SLM Metatrader installations all using a demo account have not received data since close of play friday.

I've deleted the history, opened new charts, changed servers, re-scanned, and created a new demo account but no joy.

The live SLM account is OK, so is my HotForex demo account.

Anybody else having problems with demo SLM accounts?

Regards.

Morning Busfarehome.

I’m having the same problems this morning; however everything was OK last week.

3 SLM Metatrader installations all using a demo account have not received data since close of play friday.

I've deleted the history, opened new charts, changed servers, re-scanned, and created a new demo account but no joy.

The live SLM account is OK, so is my HotForex demo account.

Anybody else having problems with demo SLM accounts?

Regards.

Same problem on my laptop, must be a problem with the SLM demo server feed.

Probably have to wait for the day shift to turn up and give the server a good kick.

Cup of tea anyone?

Ok, thanks djenky and t.ph.
Least it is not a problem my end this time.

2 sugars please.

Looks like we are up and running at 8:15, hope it stays up.

Have a good trading day all.

Last edited:
Same problem on my laptop, must be a problem with the SLM demo server feed.

Probably have to wait for the day shift to turn up and give the server a good kick.

Cup of tea anyone?

Hi
Yes, sorry all OK now.
Live platforms have been fine as has the FX/CFD demo.
It was just the FX prices on the spread bet demo that were down.
All the charts will be corrected shortly.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards
SLM

Thanks for the feed back

Hi,
I was just about to open a live account with SML but as has been said i have had no data on the demo account since friday.This is unacceptable for a live account,does it happen often?.I have been very impressed by the charting capabilities but if it breaks down on a regular basis i can't use it.Is the problem only with the demo version or does it happen to the live version as well?,
Peter

Hi,
I was just about to open a live account with SML but as has been said i have had no data on the demo account since friday.This is unacceptable for a live account,does it happen often?.I have been very impressed by the charting capabilities but if it breaks down on a regular basis i can't use it.Is the problem only with the demo version or does it happen to the live version as well?,
Peter

Hi Peterwood.

I’ve been with SLM for several months and although I do have a live account I haven’t started using it yet, as I’m still testing my strategy on the demo.

Having said that, I’ve never heard of a major outage on the live feed, and this is the first outage on the demo feed that I’ve been aware of.

Can any ‘live’ SLM clients confirm/deny this please?

Hi djenky
Thanks for the reply.Like you it's the stability of the live feed that concerns me.Although it's annoying on the demo it's not the end of the world.I have come from being a client of CMC for years.Their attempts to develop a new platform have given me no choice i feel.Having seen just how superior MT4 is to their platforms i think it should give any spreadbetting company a real advantage in using it,but it has to be dependable.

Hi I have this price action indicator that doesn't seem to up date live I have to reload it on to the chart to see it after the action has already taken place. Could someone please take a look at it for me and fix it if possible.

Thanks

Attachments

• PriceAction AHA 0_2v2-mod-mod.mq4
    51.3 KB · Views: 158
Hi Peterwood.

I’ve been with SLM for several months and although I do have a live account I haven’t started using it yet, as I’m still testing my strategy on the demo.

Having said that, I’ve never heard of a major outage on the live feed, and this is the first outage on the demo feed that I’ve been aware of.

Can any ‘live’ SLM clients confirm/deny this please?

Started with SLM in January and had no problems with the live feed

Can someone stick some money in the meter?

Demo sleeping again on both PC's, Alpari working as usual. Yawn.