Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Hello,

I'm considering opening an account with SLM. I note that SLM have MT4 on the Ipad. Does this version run EAs (probably not given the weak specs of the older Ipad, but the Ipad 2 is now quite a processor heavy machine so should be doable)?

I don't presently own an Ipad/Iphone to download and test this so would be grateful for an answer from SLM or an SLM user that uses their version of metatrader on the Ipad.

SLM, if this is not presently possible on the Ipad, is this something you could consider for the Ipad 2 given how powerful it is supposed to be or does this rest solely with the guys who make Metatrader and, therefore, outside your control? I hope to save and be able to buy a tablet later this year (dreams, dreams!) and am trying to make sure that any potential future purchase is compatible with trading requirements and my preferred SB broker.

The alternative appears to be to pay for a VPS service which runs Metatrader 4 and access this from an Ipad2 /other tablet that I may buy in the future, but there will be a montly cost to using a VPS service which I cannot presently afford. Alternatively, I could run Metatrader on a home desktop and remote log in using my Ipad (with something like Logmein) but this would mean keeping my desktop running at all times while at work (not good for the longevity of my home desktop, or the environment or my electricity bills!) and it all sounds a bit complicated.

Any information/thoughts gratefully received. The end objective is to spreadbet with MT4 (hence the interest in SLM) on a tablet, with the ability to use EAs. The reason is that this is the easiest way to trade on the journey to and from work or at select times such as lunch breaks during the working day. Note, I cannot download any software (including MT4) to my computer at work.

All the best.

Yeah well sorry

I tipped them off :-0 I called them.

I'm an honest guy, one good turn deserves another :sneaky:

Reply from SLM:

Hello JD

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for bringing to our attention that we started Sunday night with zero spreads. This was clearly an error on our part and the issue stemmed from an update to our pricing feed provided by a third party and was quickly resolved. I apologise for any inconvenience.

I understand from a colleague that you were unhappy that we were not appreciative about your assistance, and I can assure you this is not true. I must however apologise for not contacting you sooner as we were very busy yesterday trying to rectify the issue. We always appreciate it when clients assist us with any problems we have, particularly at times of low staffing levels such as the night shift where one dealer has to monitor a few hundred markets over multiple systems. We have now adjusted our procedures to ensure checks are undertaken to cover such issues.

We pride ourselves on being a customer orientated broker with excellent customer service levels, and feedback and information from clients provides us with the information to offer a better service. Again thank you for your assistance and please let our support team know if there is anything we can do to assist you with your trading.

Regards

James Parker
Managing Director

Well think I'll just scalp it out next time, as it seems one good turn does not deserve another :(

Not sure if my post #1385 was deleted or I did not hit post button so here goes AGAIN :mad:

Been compaing MT4 platforms and it came down to:
http://www.hotforex.com/
OR
http://www.smartlivemarkets.com

HotForex:
Pros: 500:1/300:1 leverage, STP
Cons: USD or Euro accounts no GBP. No iPhone App. Based in Mauritius. Scalping disadvantage

SLM:
Pros: Fantastic Customer Service, FSA regulated, iPhone App
Cons: MT4 Virtual Dealing Desk Active, 100:1 leverage

On running both platforms I had seen no disadvantge to SLM with HotForex being STP. I had seen no price manipulation by SLM over the STP price feed from HotForex. Both prices were VERY close.

The one concern is SLM having the MT4 Virtual Dealing Desk Active but unlike other SB firms I have tested I had not seen any spikes to Stop sweep. SLM seem to run a fair price and platform.

Therefore my search is over and in April I will be using SLM fully.

now hit Submit Reply :LOL:

sorry jd, 'twas I being over-zealous (thought it was an ad since on SLM thread)

jon

OK lol thought I was going mad :LOL:

No just an honest reflection on who I was going to trade with. Been testing a number of MT4 platforms and SLM came out on top.

I have no connection with SLM just a trading customer :cool:

Reply from SLM:

Hello JD

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for bringing to our attention that we started Sunday night with zero spreads. This was clearly an error on our part and the issue stemmed from an update to our pricing feed provided by a third party and was quickly resolved. I apologise for any inconvenience.

I understand from a colleague that you were unhappy that we were not appreciative about your assistance, and I can assure you this is not true. I must however apologise for not contacting you sooner as we were very busy yesterday trying to rectify the issue. We always appreciate it when clients assist us with any problems we have, particularly at times of low staffing levels such as the night shift where one dealer has to monitor a few hundred markets over multiple systems. We have now adjusted our procedures to ensure checks are undertaken to cover such issues.

We pride ourselves on being a customer orientated broker with excellent customer service levels, and feedback and information from clients provides us with the information to offer a better service. Again thank you for your assistance and please let our support team know if there is anything we can do to assist you with your trading.

Regards

James Parker
Managing Director

Well think I'll just scalp it out next time, as it seems one good turn does not deserve another :(

LOL

I take it you were expecting an account credit or something?

Not sure if my post #1385 was deleted or I did not hit post button so here goes AGAIN :mad:

Been compaing MT4 platforms and it came down to:
http://www.hotforex.com/
OR
http://www.smartlivemarkets.com

HotForex:
Pros: 500:1/300:1 leverage, STP
Cons: USD or Euro accounts no GBP. No iPhone App. Based in Mauritius. Scalping disadvantage

SLM:
Pros: Fantastic Customer Service, FSA regulated, iPhone App
Cons: MT4 Virtual Dealing Desk Active, 100:1 leverage

On running both platforms I had seen no disadvantge to SLM with HotForex being STP. I had seen no price manipulation by SLM over the STP price feed from HotForex. Both prices were VERY close.

The one concern is SLM having the MT4 Virtual Dealing Desk Active but unlike other SB firms I have tested I had not seen any spikes to Stop sweep. SLM seem to run a fair price and platform.

Therefore my search is over and in April I will be using SLM fully.

now hit Submit Reply :LOL:

Hi JD.

Many thanks for sharing this information, it’s something I’m currently looking into myself and found SLM to be one of the best SB’s. However, why do say that scalping is a disadvantage for HotForex? I would have thought that the absence of a dealing desk is a must for scalping.

Regards DJ

No as I don't use their SB feed. Members from my trading room do though and all reported same thing.

I'm sure a UK user will be along sooner or later.

No as I don't use their SB feed. Members from my trading room do though and all reported same thing.

I'm sure a UK user will be along sooner or later.

I do use it and see no unusual spike at that time. It never actually reached that, the high on my chart was/is 1.62427 at 12:05 GMT and 13:05 SLMs time there was nothing higher than than this. This was also the case on another chart from a different source.

Attachments

• GBP-USD.jpg
    GBP-USD.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hi JD.

Many thanks for sharing this information, it’s something I’m currently looking into myself and found SLM to be one of the best SB’s. However, why do say that scalping is a disadvantage for HotForex? I would have thought that the absence of a dealing desk is a must for scalping.

Regards DJ

Yes the reason I say that is if you open a position to amend on the MT4 to change the SL or TP Price you'll see at the bottom of the ticket:

Stop Loss or Take Profit you set must differ from market price by at least 0 pips
On SLM its 0 on Hot Forex its 30, so if you open a SELL say it drops 20 pips I like to scalp so I'd take half off (Close lots) move SL to break even and let it run. But on HF as your within 30 pips it won't let you change SL price to entry.
Ok for some but if you got a few pairs to watch this is not ideal for me but you have to find a platform that fits your style, always demo a platform before depositing cash (y)

Nice rogue spike on SLM just earlier lol

Just like to say if you see strange spikes or any slippage on your platform here is not the place to address it. Go to live chat like I did once when my SL was gapped.

They refunded me and gave me a £10 goodwill gesture (y)