Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Hi,
I have not read the entire post so forgive me if it has been answered but: I have used the SLM demo for a while and just opened a live account the only thing that grates on me slightly is the 5th and 3rd decimal place on some fx pairs (3rd on the jpy ones). Its not on all just some which is what i dont get. I dont really see the point of it and all it does is screw up things like the trailing stop and some EAs. Is there any way to remove it?

We've been through this, and apparently the answer is no.

Hi,
I have not read the entire post so forgive me if it has been answered but: I have used the SLM demo for a while and just opened a live account the only thing that grates on me slightly is the 5th and 3rd decimal place on some fx pairs (3rd on the jpy ones). Its not on all just some which is what i dont get. I dont really see the point of it and all it does is screw up things like the trailing stop and some EAs. Is there any way to remove it?

Hi
I know it is not ideal, but unfortunately in order to provide tight spreads on MT4 we have had to use the additional decimal place.
On our FX/CFD platform this is less of an issue, but I know it can be a little confusing when for example you are spread betting to 0.0001 but the price shows to 0.00001.
We have only done this on the 5 major FX pairs. The only way around this would be to widen the spreads, which is not something we want to do.

We have many customers using their EAs and scripts with no problems on the platform, so it may just be the one you have that is causing a problem.

Regards
SLM

SLM see you have up to £250 for introducucing new clients deal, but do you have any deals on for new accounts? I know it used to be losses replaced for 1 month, can't see any existing deals?

SLM see you have up to £250 for introducucing new clients deal, but do you have any deals on for new accounts? I know it used to be losses replaced for 1 month, can't see any existing deals?

Hi
The only offer we are running at the moment is the Refer A Friend offer.
We will no doubt be doing something at some stage in the future, but there are no plans for the moment.

Regards
SLM

OK, thanks. I'll give it a miss. I know other spreadbetting companies like tradefair offer £100 after 5 bets, GFT £100 etc..

OK, thanks. I'll give it a miss. I know other spreadbetting companies like tradefair offer £100 after 5 bets, GFT £100 etc..

These sort of accounts are no good for novices wishing to get their feet wet using real money and little capital. The minimum stake is £1 a pip/tick so they need to put in a fair bit not to blow their account. Oh I forgot, some companies thrive on a high turnover of "punters". :whistling

Just opening an account at GFT used to be pretty difficult (£3k min deposit), so they must be getting desperate now.

Just opening an account at GFT used to be pretty difficult (£3k min deposit), so they must be getting desperate now.
How much do you have to deposit in order to open an account with GFT? I see no reason to move away from SLM at the moment. MT4 do gives you control over your positions. From a security point it is good to have several SB tough.

How much do you have to deposit in order to open an account with GFT? I see no reason to move away from SLM at the moment. MT4 do gives you control over your positions. From a security point it is good to have several SB tough.

Actually, I think the minimum used to be $3k, not £3k. Not sure if there is a min now, and as they match 5% of your deposit it's best to put in as much as you can afford, then withdraw it after the T&Cs have been met.

whats the re-quotes like with these.........a friend of mine in Spain is with them and gets re-quotes all the time, he's been in touch and they said it's on his side (but he doesn't think so and thinks he's just been fobbed off). Anyone on here that uses them experience re-quotes??? thanks

whats the re-quotes like with these.........a friend of mine in Spain is with them and gets re-quotes all the time, he's been in touch and they said it's on his side (but he doesn't think so and thinks he's just been fobbed off). Anyone on here that uses them experience re-quotes??? thanks

I used to but they quickly fixed it. I don't get any requotes now.

Same with me, I definitely get less re-quotes now. I suggest he look at slippage allowed (deviation) on his side on setting up a mt4 trade.

thanks for the reply's. gle101 he has his slippage deviation to 4 and does get less quotes now, however isn't this going against the reason of joining a broker with tight spreads (e.g. EU 1pip) as he has now opened himself up to quotes with spreads of 4 pips?

thanks for the reply's. gle101 he has his slippage deviation to 4 and does get less quotes now, however isn't this going against the reason of joining a broker with tight spreads (e.g. EU 1pip) as he has now opened himself up to quotes with spreads of 4 pips?
This is correct, however we are talking about pips, so for instance trading the FTSE, with a fractional point quotation 3 pips is not that much. Trading the Dow however, one should set maybe only 1 pip deviation.

were both EU forex traders, not quite scalpers but we do tend to be in and out for 10-30 pips, so 1pip spread is important.

Hi all

I've just opened an account with SLM and downloaded the MT4. I have been using an indicator called CC which shows currency strengths for the majors on another providers MT4. I tried to install and use this on the SLM MT4 but the indicator doesn't show up. Has anyone had this problem and resolved the issue that may be able to help/have a solution for this? I've contacted SLM and they ran through some things with me but that never fixed the issue.

Thanks.