Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Re: Meta Trader 4

Technical point re MT4 - is it possible to unstick the various panels - esp. the charts?
I want to use two monitors and would love to slide the chart across . . web-based platforms can do this but can MT4?
Cheers

Afraid you can’t do that.
Best way to get over it is install another Demo metatrader.
If it is installed in
C/program files/metatrader4
When you install a second (or third/forth/fifth)
Name it
C/program files/metatrader4AA

Afraid you can’t do that.
Best way to get over it is install another Demo metatrader.
If it is installed in
C/program files/metatrader4
When you install a second (or third/forth/fifth)
Name it
C/program files/metatrader4AA

True. I've 4 MT4 platforms installed, talk about belt and braces! Also trying out MT5 on demo.:eek:nline2lo

Pull the chart across the 2 screens and then just open another chart and scale
both down so you have 2 charts up. Thats how i do it.

Pull the chart across the 2 screens and then just open another chart and scale
both down so you have 2 charts up. Thats how i do it.

It wont work for me. The platform just sits half on one monitor and half on the other. I must be doing something wrong so will have to stick to 2 platforms.

It wont work for me. The platform just sits half on one monitor and half on the other. I must be doing something wrong so will have to stick to 2 platforms.

Minimise MT4 so its on the screen but not an icon at the bottom of
windows and then click the right side whereby you drag it across to
the other screen and manually fit it across. You cant then maximize
it up again as it will maximize onto only 1 screen and thats not what
your after.

Not sure if this is the thread, but wanted to ask a question.

Why does Smart Live (who uses the MT4 platform) stop the FTSE @ 9PM when it runs 24hour? I'd like to potentially trade throughout the night, or at least analyse it and the graph stops working... anyone know why?

hope someone can be of help

Why does Smart Live (who uses the MT4 platform) stop the FTSE @ 9PM when it runs 24hour? I'd like to potentially trade throughout the night, or at least analyse it and the graph stops working... anyone know why?

Down to the broker. Out of hours your trading their prices and possibly wider spreads. This thread may help. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fir...auses-ftse-100-price-movements-out-hours.html and this http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/24-hours-trading.html

Down to the broker. Out of hours your trading their prices and possibly wider spreads. This thread may help. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fir...auses-ftse-100-price-movements-out-hours.html and this http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/24-hours-trading.html

An extract taken from your second link :LOL:
-----------------------------------------------------

Let me give you an extreme example. FTSE closes at 5279 and then overnight, BP goes bust (run with it). Now, you think the FTSE is going to open at 5279 so you can short it and obviously the FTSE is going to drop dramatically given the news - everyone knows this, everyone expects it. But by how much? Well, a good guess is the price you see on IG index just before the open. That price trades out of hours and that price is based on trades made in light of the new news (amongst other things).

------------------------------------------------------

:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

An extract taken from your second link :LOL:
-----------------------------------------------------

Let me give you an extreme example. FTSE closes at 5279 and then overnight, BP goes bust (run with it). Now, you think the FTSE is going to open at 5279 so you can short it and obviously the FTSE is going to drop dramatically given the news - everyone knows this, everyone expects it. But by how much? Well, a good guess is the price you see on IG index just before the open. That price trades out of hours and that price is based on trades made in light of the new news (amongst other things).

------------------------------------------------------

:eek::eek::eek:

Do you think they knew something we didn't? :LOL:

Interest seems to have vanished here. Has everyone given up on SLM already, and if so, why?

Interest seems to have vanished here. Has everyone given up on SLM already, and if so, why?
No I don't think so, it just take time to switch and traders like to demo test the platform first. Not to forget to mention the summer season. I think many SB traders are also newcomers to the MT4 platform and they like to get it right first. Speaking for myself, I have signed up for the live account. I will next week try them out for some in real live trading.

Last edited:

Well, the SLM representative who used to come on here has vanished. I don't think that has helped.
I think they realize it took quite a lot of time and effort monitoring this thread, they probably decided to step out for a while. Hopefully live traders will report back soon, I believe too few have signed up for live trading at this stage to get the thread going.

just found out about these, from what ive been reading this company is almost perfect, really hope they dont end up folding or some **** like most things that seem too good

Hello
Sorry for the delay in replying.
The FTSE does not trade 24 hours. Ths cash market opens from 8am until 4.30 pm and the Futures market opens from 8am until 9pm. Some other companies do quote a grey market FTSE based on what the Dow and S&P are doing over night and we will be introducing that at some stage along with a grey markets Dax in the future.
I hope that helps. Regards SLM

Hello
Sorry for the delay in replying.
The FTSE does not trade 24 hours. Ths cash market opens from 8am until 4.30 pm and the Futures market opens from 8am until 9pm. Some other companies do quote a grey market FTSE based on what the Dow and S&P are doing over night and we will be introducing that at some stage along with a grey markets Dax in the future.
I hope that helps. Regards SLM

Welcome back, If you try and be on here a bit more SLM and answer the questions
posed by T2W people im sure you can attract a lot more business for SmartLive Markets.

Ged

Yes, a good sign that the SLM representative is back on board. I have started to test them in live trading, everything works fine but one must be aware that live trading and demo trading is not the same thing. You will get more trade rejections in live trading and one must have a look at the MT4 deviation parameter (market orders) in a volatile market. I like very much how quick they respond to questions and support. I think they are off to a good start.