Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Smart Live Markets - Great Customer Service

Guys you can't fault there customer service, they really treat you the trader as if you have a Guy sitting next to you answering all your questions or problems like a one to one conversation.

10:04 the EUR/USD popped 1.3087-1.3110 missing my stop by 16 pips plus no candle indication on the 1m/5m charts.

Got on to the Live Chat and they looked straight into it and I asked them to email me back as I was trading.

Email comes back thanking me for informing them and credited my account with £10 :)
Well cool customer service.

NEVER GOT THAT OFF CMC lol

Re: Smart Live Markets - Great Customer Service

Guys you can't fault there customer service, they really treat you the trader as if you have a Guy sitting next to you answering all your questions or problems like a one to one conversation.

10:04 the EUR/USD popped 1.3087-1.3110 missing my stop by 16 pips plus no candle indication on the 1m/5m charts.

Got on to the Live Chat and they looked straight into it and I asked them to email me back as I was trading.

Email comes back thanking me for informing them and credited my account with £10 :)
Well cool customer service.

NEVER GOT THAT OFF CMC lol
Yes I agree, their customer service is first class. However, we have to remember they don't have a huge number of clients at this stage, so there is plenty of time taking care of us, which they do very well indeed.

Did the charts freeze briefly after the news 10m ago, or did I imagine it?

Did not notice that :confused:

But a nice thing to see compared to Oanda that the spread does not widen (Well from what I have seen so far). On Oanda spreads jump on the news to spreads of 10-20+ pips :-0

I referred a friend who has a decent sized account to SLM and he's having problems with them getting bets above £10 per pip filled. The fill either takes too long so he has to cancel the bet (as price has moved too far) or its timesout. He's taking it up with them but it's happened few times over last couple days.

Not sure if they take this long as normal on any bets above a certain size...

I referred a friend who has a decent sized account to SLM and he's having problems with them getting bets above £10 per pip filled. The fill either takes too long so he has to cancel the bet (as price has moved too far) or its timesout. He's taking it up with them but it's happened few times over last couple days.

Not sure if they take this long as normal on any bets above a certain size...

Has he checked the setting for deviation ?

Not sure what this...can you elaborate further, thanks.
When you place a trade at the bottom of the ticket is "Maximum Deviation" see if is checked and if so how many pips from the quote price. If its checked and set a 1 pip this might be the problem. Also internet speed if you have a lot of programs running.

Keep the thread updated as I'm interested what reply he gets :eek:

Has he checked the setting for deviation ?

When you place a trade at the bottom of the ticket is "Maximum Deviation" see if is checked and if so how many pips from the quote price. If its checked and set a 1 pip this might be the problem. Also internet speed if you have a lot of programs running.

Keep the thread updated as I'm interested what reply he gets :eek:

Ahh yeah he doesn't use that (it's unchecked) and he uses a VPS. I'll update when he finds out more.

something strange going on with my platform ....anyone got any ideas ?

Attachments

• strange.PNG
    strange.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
i duno what iv done .....think i should just reinstall ?........but how do i do it without loosing all my settings ?

ok top tabs are
File View

hit View and you should see ENGLISH as its in another Language its the 2nd tab along

Let me know

Today was a full day of on/off trading

Had a problem (see earlier post) and SLM pulled out all the stops on customer service. Had a view requotes today but I have got deviation set to 3 pips.

On the whole my trading was rubbish to many errors to mention but come out on top and still getting used to the platform. Need 2 monitors !

Will update my trading experience on SLM....................

It seems the main (or only?) problem wit SLM is the margin requirement, which can be five or six times higher than other SBs.

It seems the main (or only?) problem wit SLM is the margin requirement, which can be five or six times higher than other SBs.

Really ? 1% of the price is lowest you'll get.

Had a few chart problems but I have traded like a dog, dropped the Williams % Indicator cos since I used that I'm losing. :mad:

Been running Oanda & SLM charts together and I see gaps in candles on the 1m & 5m charts and charts sticking and jumping.

Not my server issue as the Oanda chart ran smooth. Also not because I ran two sites, I opened Oanda to confirm what I was seeing.

Price Movement sticks. On Oanda I see price fluctuating but at times the SLM was stuck and jumped, not big jumps but once again Oanda was smooth.

Still getting used to platform but nice to see no big jump in spreads on the news