Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

what about MT5 is that out yet ? do SLM have any plans to move to this

Hi
We will at some stage be offereing MT5.
In all honesty I beleive this will be over a year away.
It is my personal view that MT5 will have more bugs in it than the Amazon rain forest, so would rather wait until it has been thouroughly tested in a live environment.

That said, if it seems OK and we hear good reports on it then we may well to look to introduce it earlier. It will not be to everyones cup of tea though. I beleive you cannot do hedge trades for one thing!

Regards
SLM

Hi
We will at some stage be offereing MT5.
In all honesty I beleive this will be over a year away.
It is my personal view that MT5 will have more bugs in it than the Amazon rain forest, so would rather wait until it has been thouroughly tested in a live environment.

That said, if it seems OK and we hear good reports on it then we may well to look to introduce it earlier. It will not be to everyones cup of tea though. I beleive you cannot do hedge trades for one thing!

Regards
SLM
Not to forget to mention all the EA's and scripts, I don't think they all will be compatible with MT5.

Just a quick question. I'd never actually noticed it before:
When you go to 'account history' what does 'withdrawals' represent? (considering that I am yet to actually withdraw any money)

Is it just the cost of holding positions?
Mine says withdrawals: £5.65
cheers.

Just a quick question. I'd never actually noticed it before:
When you go to 'account history' what does 'withdrawals' represent? (considering that I am yet to actually withdraw any money)

Is it just the cost of holding positions?
Mine says withdrawals: £5.65
cheers.

Hi
Please email questions like this to support with your account number.
[email protected]
Thanks
Regards
SLM

well I have been using the Live account now for a while and I have to say its very good ! so much better than other Sbet providers as all your charts, trades, stop levels etc. are all in one place. good stuff !

well I have been using the Live account now for a while and I have to say its very good ! so much better than other Sbet providers as all your charts, trades, stop levels etc. are all in one place. good stuff !
Yes I have notice they execute better now, less re-quotes for sure. I just have to get my scripts working better. Do you at times have any problems executing your scripts?

well I had trades running during news and no problems. didn't try to place a trade mind you. platform seems very stable, I am not running scripts

I have taken the step to trade only on SLM and going to be adding £1,000 over the coming month.

Let you all know when I start trading.

this ea can do all those things , i doubt you can find a better platform to spreadbet on .

Got this to work but if I close trade the stop loss line is still on the chart. How do I get rid of this when I close the trade automatically without having to delete manually ?

Got this to work but if I close trade the stop loss line is still on the chart. How do I get rid of this when I close the trade automatically without having to delete manually ?
Search on the net for this script, ytg_ObjectsDeleteAll, it will clean up the chart by dragging it to it, or if you prefer, make a Hotkey for the script.

Just thought i`d mention i have traded through the news on several occassions with no problems (except for getting it wrong on a few occassions) Moving over to stocks totally now as i find it far more profitable and love the platform for this

Just thought i`d mention i have traded through the news on several occassions with no problems (except for getting it wrong on a few occassions)

How can this be out of ineterest?
Some members said that prices froze and that the option to open or close a trade dissapeared.
They even posted screenhots to prove it, and SML admitted there were issues.

How have you been able to trade the news?? I assume you haven't traded the sp500 during anonuncements for example? Just curious

Cheers

How can this be out of ineterest?
Some members said that prices froze and that the option to open or close a trade dissapeared.
They even posted screenhots to prove it, and SML admitted there were issues.

How have you been able to trade the news?? I assume you haven't traded the sp500 during anonuncements for example? Just curious

Cheers

Hello
We had a few problems a while back due to the constraints put upon us by the Meta Trader platform itself. We have made changes and updates to the system to eradicate these issues.
Regards
SLM

SP500 and WS30 were not allowing any trades for about 5 mins after the news on Friday.

i haven't figured that out myself yet , i thought they were supposed to disappear when your stop/limit was hit ?

i just hit the back space key to clear the chart .

i haven't figured that out myself yet , i thought they were supposed to disappear when your stop/limit was hit ?

i just hit the back space key to clear the chart .

yeah great EA but I'm not using it just doing it manually as I can change the Take Profit when in a trade, it reverts to my entry settings. :mad:

Not really a MT4 trader :LOL: but like SLM (y)