Small Cap Stocks Day Trading Journey ($25,000 Challenge)

Are you overtrading? Here are 3 things you can implement today that made big improvements for me:

1. Double down on studying.
I've taken it from 2 hours/day to 4. Two Hours Morning: Review past Trades & Watchlist (What I'd like to see for entries). Two Hours After Trading: Record yourself trade and then rewatch and take notes on the day's events.

2. Stop everything besides 1 strategy.
What's working best for you? Don't know, comb through your stats until you have an answer. Start filtering for the patterns that give you the most profit vs the least profit and cut everything that's red.

3. Create your trading principles bible.
Organize all your lessons into clear and organized principles that will help act as a checklist for every trade.

Want more details on each?

Check out this video:

I did better trading last pre-market session but wanted to point out the 5m 9ema has been killer for dip buys lately. $WLDS$EVAXWho here buys these below VWAP backside dips?

Personally, I tend to avoid them due to the negative R:R but maybe worth further studying.

I needed to take a bit of a step back. Started over-trading. Yellow alert @ 1.39 was where the entries were at, especially after the failed breakout (white wick candle)

Attachments

• WLDS-1-lesson.JPG
    WLDS-1-lesson.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 33
  • EVAX-5-lesson.JPG
    EVAX-5-lesson.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 35
$HPCO What a busy Friday filled with Former Top Gainers.

Trade 1: Small pre-market pop when the descending channel held looking for a re-test of the top trend line.

Trade 2: Accumulated support around the daily 9EMA with 5% stop and 15% profit target. That was a tight one.

Both were awesome setups and if I want to make more money I don't need to trade more. I just need to size more.

1676040721745.png

Best ticker today sub-dollar $VLON and damn hectic price action. $SPY crawling up on low vol after a big trend break.

Feels like markets got a bit of after Super Bowl hangover with a mix of anxiety for all big the Macro drops planned this week.

$SIDU $SERA classic sub $2 tickers that always make me miss my entries, chase, and then get wicked on. These sure are frustrating.

I'd rather miss my fill on these kinda tickers than get a bad entry resulting in a quick stop. Today I wasn't able to exercise that mentality.

Full analysis https://www.tradejournal.co/post/4k-minimum-trading-size-y2023w7/

Attachments

• SIDU-7-lesson.JPG
    SIDU-7-lesson.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 29
  • SERA-1-lesson.JPG
    SERA-1-lesson.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 21
$SOFI not the most eventful day, called it earlier but I did check my limits just now and had this nice slap in the face 🤡

Lesson: laugh as much as possible to maintain sanity.

Attachments

• sofi-lesson.JPG
    sofi-lesson.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 27
The hardest part about "swinging" are stops getting triggered at perfect lows. It's been happening so much I'm bordering on becoming a conspiracy theorist.

I've never been a big fan of hard stops. Don't use them for my normal #daytrading. What are your thoughts on stops? $LLAP

Attachments

• LLAP-4-lesson.JPG
    LLAP-4-lesson.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 23
$RUT flat lake today. Got to accept that there's no surfing today ...or you could become big money and make your own wake. Like this river in Munich.

$UNCY had to be careful today not getting top ticked. Usually, when there is a ticker this wicky I won't be buying breakouts and only look for low entries that get filled on bigger sell-off wicks. Reducing risk further on slow days like today by reducing share size.

Full breakdown:

Attachments

• UNCY-1-lesson-2.JPG
    UNCY-1-lesson-2.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 20
I was a bit of an eager beaver today. No patience to be found. $VRAX stopped me out before $UNCY had a chance to shine.

Good reminder to ALWAYS first build a cushion otherwise keep sizing down to avoid hitting max loss before you get a chance to find some flow.

----

Also breakdown of moomoo retail trading app:

Attachments

• VRAX-4-lesson.JPG
    VRAX-4-lesson.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 23
I've always received fantastic feedback and interest in my live trading, whether it's streaming or playback. I believe these recordings have been critical in helping to build our amazing community.

By sharing real trading experiences, we can all learn and grow together. Since I'm no longer streaming at this time, I want to publicly upload these recordings to benefit as many people as possible!

To avoid cluttering the main channel, I'll be uploading these videos to a new channel called WinklerCapital

If you're ready to access a heap of new & valuable study material, consider subscribing! I look forward to seeing you over there in the comments. 🍻

Taking it easy today. Noticed I've been on a hell of a red streak so as soon as I got green I got out. Need to get some wind under my wings and focus on getting into a "green" state of mind first.

Hope you guys slayed $OCEA it was looking like quite the 🎢

All my live recordings on https://www.youtube.com/@winklercapital/

Another tough day with low and sketchy opportunities $UNCY. I did what I could, but wasn't able to get back into the green. Took too much risk with $SI, could have been a green day without it. Trading fewer tickers is often the right idea for me.

Good reminder.. if you got to test the waters. Maybe don't jump in head first.

Attachments

• SI-2-lesson.JPG
    SI-2-lesson.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 18
Lesson: When the CEO, CFO, CMO, etc. are selling. Maybe you should too. $SIVB Does this remind you of any other companies right meow?

Attachments

• sivb-1-new.png
    sivb-1-new.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 16
  • sivb-1-stock.jpg
    sivb-1-stock.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 19
  • sivb-1-sell.png
    sivb-1-sell.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 17
Today was rough to be long biased but $OCEA a former runner was setting up nicely after pulling back to the daily 9EMA. Small size for this market and also locking in profits quick but got the bounce I was looking for.

Lesson: Always keep an eye on former runners!

P.S. New live trading shorts on WinklerCapital channel along with full replays!

Attachments

• OCEA-2-lesson.JPG
    OCEA-2-lesson.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 17
Today was a slugfest with smalls. Then I realized what the hell am I doing!? #Crypto is up a ton, spot, futures, ETF's, stocks ( $MARA, $COIN ) hell even $ARKK is up. I need to be trading crypto largies. That got me green.

Lesson: Trade the best, leave the rest. Even when that means turning the playbook upside down. Either that or it's a no-trade day. Also good.

Attachments

• BTC-1-lesson-edit.JPG
    BTC-1-lesson-edit.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 17
  • COIN-46-lesson.JPG
    COIN-46-lesson.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 20
$THMO actually a pretty solid PM frontside (over 140% move). I'd like to get more aggressive again but in this market (VIX +17% & CreditSuisse collapse?) I'll continue to trade with inc. risk-off for now. Lesson: There are still gems but it's not the time (macro environment) to be pushing it.

Attachments

• THMO-1-lesson.JPG
    THMO-1-lesson.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 20