Size

50 clip LIFFE STIRS
20-40 clip CME STIRS
1-5 lot clip FTSE & DAX
£5-£15 FX SB
£2-£10 Dow & SP SB

I should add that I always endeavour to grow this size, particularly in STIRS. Started on 5 lot clips.
Just a matter of confidence really.

20's in equity derivatives

twalker

its not basic liquidity making the difference between the stirs on liffe and cme - what do you contribute to your comfort level being different?

I only just started trading the Eurodollar a few weeks ago so I am slowly increasing my size. Also not as much liquidity on globex yet as in Euribor. I really just dabble on CME in the afternoons if there isn't much going on, on LIFFE and I only set myself a personal target of £1k/month for now. Other downside is that they do not pay a rebate like LIFFE do for volume.
I heard today that CME are going to offer a "new trader scheme" offering rebates to traders that have not traded before in order to tempt them into Eurodollar.
Did you know globex have a 100% pro-rata system, unlike LIFFE, so if you pull your orders, go for a dump, and replace them when you get back, you get same priority. This is why it is sometimes necessary to put 100-200lot orders in to get filled on a few and so I imagine the reason bid and offer volumes get huge is because everybody is doing that.

not sure i got what you meant?

on eurodollars - globex and liffe operate the same "priority pro-rata algorythm" - "first in first out" - and then "pro-rata"

there is one quirk on globex - that a prior top order does not get reinstated when a new top order is cancelled

they are doing all sorts of deals - you direct with a broker or through an arcade deal?

with the electronic options with a real matching engine as opposed to xxx's at equity exchanges - could jump volume as well

Last edited:
I am direct access.
Liffe alogorythm, despite what they may say, also has time priority.
What sort of deal will they do for liquidity providers? I have no deal apart from crap costs at 92c/side

on eurodollars - liffe is meant to be first best price has priority and then the rest are pro-rata - but unlike globex - liffe should reinstate the prior best if the new best drops out

are you well in with the broker ? - you may need to create a syntheitc trading group with other traders of the broker - keeping your seperate account status but upgrading your total volume and apparent liquidity capabilities

Yeah, that has been considered. But I am direct exchange access so no broker involved.
Sometime however trades cross in the room between traders on the same floor which seems a little pointless, would be good to be able to give up like that so avoid fees.