2,527 252
50 clip LIFFE STIRS
20-40 clip CME STIRS
1-5 lot clip FTSE & DAX
£5-£15 FX SB
£2-£10 Dow & SP SB

TWI

2,527 252
I should add that I always endeavour to grow this size, particularly in STIRS. Started on 5 lot clips.
Just a matter of confidence really.

Strategic Trader

100 2
20's in equity derivatives

twalker

its not basic liquidity making the difference between the stirs on liffe and cme - what do you contribute to your comfort level being different?

TWI

2,527 252
I only just started trading the Eurodollar a few weeks ago so I am slowly increasing my size. Also not as much liquidity on globex yet as in Euribor. I really just dabble on CME in the afternoons if there isn't much going on, on LIFFE and I only set myself a personal target of £1k/month for now. Other downside is that they do not pay a rebate like LIFFE do for volume.
I heard today that CME are going to offer a "new trader scheme" offering rebates to traders that have not traded before in order to tempt them into Eurodollar.
Did you know globex have a 100% pro-rata system, unlike LIFFE, so if you pull your orders, go for a dump, and replace them when you get back, you get same priority. This is why it is sometimes necessary to put 100-200lot orders in to get filled on a few and so I imagine the reason bid and offer volumes get huge is because everybody is doing that.

Strategic Trader

100 2
not sure i got what you meant?

on eurodollars - globex and liffe operate the same "priority pro-rata algorythm" - "first in first out" - and then "pro-rata"

there is one quirk on globex - that a prior top order does not get reinstated when a new top order is cancelled

they are doing all sorts of deals - you direct with a broker or through an arcade deal?

with the electronic options with a real matching engine as opposed to xxx's at equity exchanges - could jump volume as well

Last edited:

TWI

2,527 252
I am direct access.
Liffe alogorythm, despite what they may say, also has time priority.
What sort of deal will they do for liquidity providers? I have no deal apart from crap costs at 92c/side

Strategic Trader

100 2
on eurodollars - liffe is meant to be first best price has priority and then the rest are pro-rata - but unlike globex - liffe should reinstate the prior best if the new best drops out

are you well in with the broker ? - you may need to create a syntheitc trading group with other traders of the broker - keeping your seperate account status but upgrading your total volume and apparent liquidity capabilities

TWI

2,527 252
Yeah, that has been considered. But I am direct exchange access so no broker involved.
Sometime however trades cross in the room between traders on the same floor which seems a little pointless, would be good to be able to give up like that so avoid fees.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock