Sierra Charts and IB

dsn, I assume you are watching tick charts. If using IB as the source for data, your tick charts are NOT going to match other platforms because IB is not a tick-by-tick datafeed. If you were to use IQFeed, eSignal or another datafeed that is tick by tick, then you would get approximately the same results as with TS. This is not specific with Sierra. Same goes for tick charts generated by any software that uses a non-tick datafeed like IB.

If I remember correctly, your only other option for Sierra is TrackData, which is tick by tick, but quite expensive. There are other options like Quotetracker, IQ Feed, Esignal or Prophet.net datafeeds (though it works with IB as well, but you would have same issue as with Sierra).

If having tick charts match TS is important to you, your only choice is to change datafeeds.

Jerry Medved

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much - that has cleared that up (w.r.t. price display anyway).

I would like a true price display, so I guess that means paying for a tick by tick feed. My biggest constraint right now is backdata. Only Qcharts (tried it - v. temperamental), and TS (v. nice - but $99) come packaged with enough (1 year min intraday) - the cheaper tick by tick services don't have much. I shall continue with TS for the time being.

Cheers