Sierra Charts and IB

blade

26 0
I have just started using IB and sierra charts 2day, but i have noticed a few "trades" with volumes of plus 4million in both ES and EUR... anyone else getting these? or have I done something wrong?

JonnyT

2,560 22
I don't use the volume via IB. In fact I don't use volume at all!

I do know the API has been modified recently how it handles volume.

JonnYT

awoodj

142 0
Another question on TICK and TRIN symbols

The symbols for tick and trin are TICK-NYSE and TRIN-NYSE in TWS but i can;t get these as charts in Sierra, anyone know what symbol i need to use?

knorrie

148 1
TICK-NYSE-I-NYSE
TRIN-NYSE-I-NYSE

also for Nasdaq

TICK-NASD-I-NASDAQ
TRIN-NASD-I-NASDAQ

KenN

oatman

2,879 22
I posted on their forum about these spikes, but nothing seems to have been done about it. Let them know.

blade

26 0
I have posted on their board, lets see what happens, its a bit of a pain, and the only negative thing about this software.

oatman

2,879 22
They had problems after version 48 was released. I hadn't seen the spikes before this.

awoodj

142 0
Thanks Ken

I'll give that a try later, looks like i almost had it just missing one NYSE!

awoodj

142 0
While i am here i may as well ask, is anyone using Sierra with mytrack, if so how do you find it?

I am looking at this as i like Sierra but using the IB data with no history is a pain, i want to be able to open up Sierra and be ready to go with history and realtime without any messing around leaving the machine running etc.

I did look at SC magic but they only cover a very limited range of symbols.

PS Was considering the Silver package with the appropriate Exchange fee's added and would still keep the IB data subs so i can see prices in TWS to compare before placing orders and if mytrack was down it would be better than nothing.

PeterB

82 1
Sierra+Mytrack

awoodj said:
While i am here i may as well ask, is anyone using Sierra with mytrack, if so how do you find it?

I am looking at this as i like Sierra but using the IB data with no history is a pain, i want to be able to open up Sierra and be ready to go with history and realtime without any messing around leaving the machine running etc.

I did look at SC magic but they only cover a very limited range of symbols.

PS Was considering the Silver package with the appropriate Exchange fee's added and would still keep the IB data subs so i can see prices in TWS to compare before placing orders and if mytrack was down it would be better than nothing.
Hi there,
I use sierra with mytrack have done so now for 15 months using the silver package never had a problem so would recommend it to anyone.

regards PeterB

awoodj

142 0
Hi Peter

Can you tell me do i also need to pay a $25 PM API fee to use with Sierra as well as the $19.95 data subscription? Seems like it might be from the web sites but i am not certain from reading them.

PS How many symbols do you get realtime with the Silver package?

Thanks

Al

PeterB

82 1
Sierra

awoodj said:
Hi Peter

Can you tell me do i also need to pay a $25 PM API fee to use with Sierra as well as the $19.95 data subscription? Seems like it might be from the web sites but i am not certain from reading them.

PS How many symbols do you get realtime with the Silver package?

Thanks

Al

I think of the top of my head I pay $40 every 6 months for Sierra

awoodj

142 0
Cost of Mytrack

Hi Peter

The extra $25PM API fee on top of the $19.95 is to Mytrack but it sounds like you are probably not having to pay it so i think i will give it a try and see what happens. At $19.95 per month it is not a big risk to find out.

Al

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock