Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,052
Here's another issue that's been hot lately. Threads that are started with titles like "Make $1milllion from $1k in 30 days" or similar. There are several current threads like that going on right now. The threads are allowed to continue ad infinitum even though in every case there's no reasonable trading content and in at least 1 case after a few weeks the OP hasn't even admitted to making any trades yet. These threads are solely to instigate laughs, member bashing, vendor trash, etc. Yet a genuine thread where someone is trying to alert other members of a potential scam and shows bankruptcy documents and other court cases, a history of similar issues being discussed on other trading related threads, and a link to a webinar where potential scammer admits he doesn't trade, gets hacked up and/or removed from t2w.

Peter

Reactions: the hare and bbmac

MORRIS2001

74 6
OK, I'll start...
Policing effectively has not been the norm around here and I mean no disrespect I know it's not easy. For example, let's say a vendor has as his avatar the name of his website or software. Then EVERY thread he posts in he is advertising regardless of what he says. Said vendor appears in many threads and tells everyone that the method presented in those threads are worthless for many reasons. How would one determine that what the vendor is saying is a genuine opinion with reasoned thought or a masked advert (with his avatar clearly showing)?

Peter
It's an interesting one and your issue would be filtering.

For example, I clearly fall into the catagory of a vendor. But I've been posting on bulletin boards since the 90s while also always being in the market. I've always made it very clear what I do for a living on all my posts.

So in one way I am advertising but in another way I am being totally honest and clear with people as to my background and so any bias I may inadvertently carry.

If I were to hide who I was and what I do for a living in order to post on BBs then I wouldn't consider this to be very honest. I know of a few people who do this and I also know their businesses and why they are being secretive.

I have 20 years of professional broking experience and the last 10 in the OTC market. I like to post on here occasionally when the thread is a subject that I know a considerable amount on. Often I am aware of things from the inside that a client would never naturally know as the brokers hide these things.

The flip side is that I have to bite my tongue when I see posts promoting products and firms where I know who the owners really are and their appalling track records. There are many posts where I'd love to tell people what is really going on but you can't.

Posts by people like Simon Denham are valuable to a community. He is always open and equitable in his writings and fair in how he lays out his views.

Killing off vendors isn't going to help T2W as you'll be throwing out the babies with the bath water.

But, T2W should be policing direct ads as they are a commercial business and vendors should be paying them not screwing them through the back door. And it is also easy to police the less scrupulous vendors.

I can't see a separate forum benefitting anyone.

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,052
Ah! That's an interesting way of looking at things. To be honest, it had never occurred to me that such a thing was possible. :LOL:
It's a self-imposed limit :sick:

:LOL:

Peter

Shakone

2,458 665

For example, I clearly fall into the catagory of a vendor. But I've been posting on bulletin boards since the 90s while also always being in the market. I've always made it very clear what I do for a living on all my posts.

So in one way I am advertising but in another way I am being totally honest and clear with people as to my background and so any bias I may inadvertently carry.

If I were to hide who I was and what I do for a living in order to post on BBs then I wouldn't consider this to be very honest. I know of a few people who do this and I also know their businesses and why they are being secretive.

I have 20 years of professional broking experience and the last 10 in the OTC market. I like to post on here occasionally when the thread is a subject that I know a considerable amount on. Often I am aware of things from the inside that a client would never naturally know as the brokers hide these things.

The flip side is that I have to bite my tongue when I see posts promoting products and firms where I know who the owners really are and their appalling track records. There are many posts where I'd love to tell people what is really going on but you can't.

Posts by people like Simon Denham are valuable to a community. He is always open and equitable in his writings and fair in how he lays out his views.

Killing off vendors isn't going to help T2W as you'll be throwing out the babies with the bath water.

But, T2W should be policing direct ads as they are a commercial business and vendors should be paying them not screwing them through the back door. And it is also easy to police the less scrupulous vendors.

43 posts in 10 years, and an avatar advertising your product and a post advertising Simon Denham. No throwing out you, would not be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Shakone

2,458 665
Question: Why can't a vendor have his vending account in the vendor forum, and if he really wishes to contribute to debate, he is allowed to make a separate account (must ask special permission from mods so that this is known to help prevent advertising)? How many vendors would be willing to do that? And if not...that tells us everything we need to know abotu your motives.

Reactions: bbmac

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281

Hey good sales Job there, must have generated a few clicks. Of course you not biased :LOL: loving the false negative where you say you know people who who rip others off but you choose not too. extra points for you. lol.

Reactions: DionysusToast

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
Question: Why can't a vendor have his vending account in the vendor forum, and if he really wishes to contribute to debate, he is allowed to make a separate account (must ask special permission from mods so that this is known to help prevent advertising)? How many vendors would be willing to do that? And if not...that tells us everything we need to know abotu your motives.
plenty would want to do that, they could carry on the soliciting with hidden agenda, nudge nudge, I cant say on here but drop me a pm. :LOL:

Shakone

2,458 665
plenty would want to do that, they could carry on the soliciting with hidden agenda, nudge nudge, I cant say on here but drop me a pm. :LOL:
Yes. But they would have to inform mods of their 2nd account, and the mods would have to be strict, i.e. their posts are presumed guilty from the offset, rather than what it is now.

MORRIS2001

74 6
Hey good sales Job there, must have generated a few clicks. Of course you not biased :LOL: loving the false negative where you say you know people who who rip others off but you choose not too. extra points for you. lol.
But by explaining who you are people are free to come to their own conclusions. Even if it reveals more about them in reality. ;)

I don't personally see the harm in vendors posting. If it is clear advertising then other users will chime in and if the product is turd then they are soon found out.

As much harm can be done by none vendors ramping their own book up or by promoting incorrect facts.

The most important factor is transparency at the end of the day.

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,302
For Gawd's sake, peebee, must you see conspiracy in everything. What about trying, just a teensy bit, to be constructive and suspend judgement for a bit until Steve comes up with something.
Unfortunately I'm normally right. How many times did you tell me to 'just give them a chance' and it didnt end up being a total scam? Can you name even one?

Reactions: The Leopard

The Leopard

Experienced member
1,877 1,020
Unfortunately I'm normally right. How many times did you tell me to 'just give them a chance' and it didnt end up being a total scam? Can you name even one?
Has there ever been a single educator or system sellers whose claims have stacked up? Even one?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock