Should vendors only be allowed to post a 'vendor section'

Should vendors only be allowed to post in a 'vendor section'

• Yes

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For this reason, I think guys like Wackypete and Robster would be better choices, frankly. :)

You're only nominating them because I gave you a copy of the photos from the time they went on vacation together to Thailand. How does the saying go? "There's a reason it's not called Bangk unt, honey.".

Being in possession of these photographs we have reason to believe they would take a very lenient approach with us.

By the way Pete, this month's money is late. You got three days or the Star Legder is going to get an interesting package in the post.

The first thing such noobs will do is to start banning people they don't like or disagree with currently or in the past. Definitely not a good idea for a forum that has only 25 active members.

I reckon people should concentrate on their tarding instead of trying to run a forum. Any more stricter forum rules, then even that that remaining 25 members will become MIA.

I remember a time not all that long ago when no holes were barred and there were plenty more people playing. Good old days they were.

A moderator's job is simply to keep things clean so everyone can focus on the main forum/sub-forum's topic, and not to implement arbitrary rules. If you run around banning people, then you're going to be banned yourself -- very straightforward.

Only 3 mods for a forum this size is simply insane. They can't cover everything that goes on daily. It's way too much work, trust me.

If you are interested let me know publicly or privately and we can explore it further.

Ok, I guess I'll say it here:

I'll take on the job only if it is offered. I will not nominate my name since I do believe mods need to have forum cred before being accepted.

I've been here just long enough to know that I like this community and it would be worth moderating. But I'll only moderate it if members say that VG would be a good choice. If not -- there's really no point in doing it since you need respect if you want people to behave.

You're only nominating them because I gave you a copy of the photos from the time they went on vacation together to Thailand. How does the saying go? "There's a reason it's not called Bangk unt, honey.".

Being in possession of these photographs we have reason to believe they would take a very lenient approach with us.

By the way Pete, this month's money is late. You got three days or the Star Legder is going to get an interesting package in the post.

I sent a lifetime payment to some nice guy in Nigeria. What happened to it?

Peter

I'll take on the job only if it is offered. I will not nominate my name since I do believe mods need to have forum cred before being accepted.

I've been here just long enough to know that I like this community and it would be worth moderating. But I'll only moderate it if members say that VG would be a good choice. If not -- there's really no point in doing it since you need respect if you want people to behave.

We'll let you know.

I know one trader who occasionally teaches people that have 3/4 years live trading experience. He has sold his systems in the past, but he's very much genuine and has the results to prove it. I've no intention of naming him, as he won't want the attention, and these things can and do become witch-hunts. But rest assured, there is at least one.

Tony thats very weak not to mention his name. You are of course right about the witch hunt thing,but come on its not like we havent heard of him before. if we havent then no harm will be done.

I just want the powers to moderate the live call thread. As a full mod I would have to be diplomatic when challenging others etc,that would ruin my sad existance and the little fun I have.

Wacky is very polite and diplomatic so I feel he should be blesssed with the powers along with the existing mods.

Oh what the F@@k, theres only 25 of us on here,cant we all be mods.:)

Examples of threads who where given a chance include Mr Spreadbetting and WallStreet1928.

They certainly generated some quality lulz, but can you honestly say those threads where in any way beneficial ? (other than to them and your ad revenue)

Any attempt to educate by critical questioning or constructive criticism was simply not possible because the vendor would not engage in debate

yes, and I'm sure the failure to engage in debate when some critical questions and constructive criticism was put sounded a strong warning note to anyone with a modicum of intelligence. A much louder one than the lulz would achieve. btw it's not my ad revenue - I'm just a member and an unpaid volunteer mod y'know.

i vote for pboyles to be a mod, he is fair and treats all vendors equally. with contempt lolololol.

In that case, I suggest Pboyles be made Staff, not mod. They're the ones who make the real decisions... mods ultimately don't have that much power beyond moderation and following the rules.

...............Jon has replied to other posts, and has chosen not to answer, so I assume he is unwilling to state that there are any............

sorry, lep, i thought i'd covered it enough in reply to pee bee.

In that case, I suggest Pboyles be made Staff, not mod. They're the ones who make the real decisions... mods ultimately don't have that much power beyond moderation and following the rules.

From a remote office in Belgium....interesting.:LOL:

sorry, lep, i thought i'd covered it enough in reply to pee bee.

No apologies needed Jon. I didn't mean you were ignoring / evading, just that you hadn't named one.

I don't take this as an opinion that there aren't any necessarily to have been verified, but it does rather suggest that you are unable to name one whose claims have been proved or at the very least has been able to produce convincing evidence that their claims are real.

Lurking in the background?? How about his avatar? Not blatant enough? It's seen in every post he makes trashing everyone else's trading methods. I hope the new guy, Steve, can see through all this because honestly this stuff seems to be way over the heads of the admin and mods. You guys just aren't getting it at all.

Peter

OK - so it's the avatar that offends? It can easily be changed.

Or me 'trashing other people's methods' ?

My 'trashing' is usually presented as a series of arguments. It is rhetoric. It is discussion and this is a discussion forum. In fact, this thread got started because a certain member engaged with me in discussion and got upset about it. He also got upset with Scose and Kimmo and lowered the level of the forum in the process.

Is it that I take the opposing side to the majority to most that is upsetting? Should we all hold hands and agree?

Note that I am not active in even 1% of threads but those I am active in, do get a lot of attention. Not because of me but because of the subject matter.

I can tell you what I oppose:

- High win rate systems where the risks are opaque. In this cases, I will say why the risks are opaque (Howard, anyone) and enjoy the back and forth.
- 'Textbook' TA - although in a recent thread I made it clear that there may be a semantical argument in terms of what we think TA is.

As for me spamming the board - anyone searching the threads for me might be expecting a lot more spam in the posts than actually exists.

So - perhaps the poll should be split as follows:

1 - Should vendors be allowed to post
2 - Should we ban DT regardless of poll 1 because certain members don't like him?

Last edited: