Should the Scotland vote worry anyone ?

We are together now, England have jobs we don't, England are making our decisions, testing us as guinea pigs with there ideas like council tax and bedroom tax first to see how it goes. Do you allow your partner to make all your decisions? or would you like to make your own?

Things aren't working as they are can we at least agree to that?

if so, the common sense thing to look at is changing what you are doing to get different results, does that make sense to you?

Keep dialing the same number and you will keep getting the same person on the line, change the number and you will get someone else.

A fly will bounce off a light bulb a thousand times or a window more than a thousand times, why is this?

I'll tell you why if you wish...because it hasn't the brains to realize that doing the same thing that doesn't work 5 times or a thousand times won't make the window go away.

Why should I vote for the same thing that's not working, i would have to be as crazy as that fly:LOL:

A fly at least knows to attempt to fly towards the light and not a brick wall. :cheesy:

Things can also be a lot worse.

I do agree about the guinea pig trials though. Never understood that. We should be tesing on those well to do folk at Chelsea or Tunbridge Wells imo. Richmond Royalty subjects. One would hope they'd be more agreeable at being the Queens loyal subjects and all that. ;)

International rules stipulate that access to resources outside of any countries coastline of 6m, is then a case subject to following considerations;

1. Land mass
2. Coast line
3. Proximity
4. Population size

Don't see why the UK should give its rights up to North Sea Oil and Scotland shouldn't think it belongs all to them.

England has just as much right if not more to NSO as Scotland.

That's going to be some late night negotiations on the division of those resources. :idea:

Well unfortunately for the no campaign it does belong to Scotland, if it didn't then why isn't the no campaign pointing this out? I think your wrong, otherwise I would have heard about it over and over again by now.

However if your right tell the no campaigners so they have something else to blackmail with along with there other scaremongering tactics, fortunately young scots are clued up to it but unfortunately there are more pensioners in Scotland that worry about things so it might go the direction of a no vote.

If we vote no, we have much of the same, if we vote yes i can see things getting better than they are now.

Well unfortunately for the no campaign it does belong to Scotland, if it didn't then why isn't the no campaign pointing this out? I think your wrong, otherwise I would have heard about it over and over again by now.

However if your right tell the no campaigners so they have something else to blackmail with along with there other scaremongering tactics, fortunately young scots are clued up to it but unfortunately there are more pensioners in Scotland that worry about things so it might go the direction of a no vote.

If we vote no, we have much of the same, if we vote yes i can see things getting better than they are now.

I'm NOT the person to convince ANYONE of how to vote or what to vote on. I'm a humble hypnotherapist/psychotherapist/neuro linguistic programmer/trader. I know 'how' the brain works but when it comes to t.v that fiction is beyond even my imagination! I'm pritty sure the Scots will make the right decision whatever the outcome be. I have two kids so I hope things will be better for them on a personal level and on a bigger scale things are better for the whole of Scotland.

VOTE YES :eek: VOTE YES :eek:

:LOL:

Alistair Darling has already said some very heavy complex negotiations will have to take place over debt and oil and this was also mentioned on radio 4.

Keep it sweet for now...

If you believe when money comes into the play things will be ok amigo then you have a nasty surprise. People kill for oil as I'm sure you'll already know.

Alistair Darling has already said some very heavy complex negotiations will have to take place over debt and oil and this was also mentioned on radio 4.

Keep it sweet for now...

If you believe when money comes into the play things will be ok amigo then you have a nasty surprise. People kill for oil as I'm sure you'll already know.

Oil/no oil Scotland should be making there own decisions, I wouldn't like my neighbor telling me my garden gnomes shouldn't be in my garden, some decisions have to be our own.

I haven't tried to convince 'anyone' to vote yes or no, let people decide there own future based on there own personal experiences and let whatever comes as a consequence be on there own shoulders. Its foolish persuading someone to vote a certain way if you don't 'know' for certain that is the best coarse of action for them.

On the other hand, giving people your opinion backed with verifiable based facts could sway a no voter to yes or a yes voter to no.

I have opened up and said i'm going to vote yes based on every day experiences of whats been happening.

I'm no expert as is clear enough from my posts that's why i'm not trying to convince anyone.

No one knows whats going to happen, if you think you do then please give me tomorrows lotto numbers:LOL:

Oil/no oil Scotland should be making there own decisions, I wouldn't like my neighbor telling me my garden gnomes shouldn't be in my garden, some decisions have to be our own.

I haven't tried to convince 'anyone' to vote yes or no, let people decide there own future based on there own personal experiences and let whatever comes as a consequence be on there own shoulders. Its foolish persuading someone to vote a certain way if you don't 'know' for certain that is the best coarse of action for them.

On the other hand, giving people your opinion backed with verifiable based facts could sway a no voter to yes or a yes voter to no.

I have opened up and said i'm going to vote yes based on every day experiences of whats been happening.

I'm no expert as is clear enough from my posts that's why i'm not trying to convince anyone.

No one knows whats going to happen, if you think you do then please give me tomorrows lotto numbers:LOL:

Agree totally. I no notink. ;)

Here is a link that shows how tricky tings may turn out to be. Who knows???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-20042070

It will get awfully messy once the party-ers start talking money that's for sure. :party:

I suspect the reason why London isn't shouting about who's oil it is could be that they don't want to further alienate and aggravate the Scots. As an outsider looking in it's pretty clear to me that the educated more worldly wise Scots will be glad when all this is put to bed with a no vote.

On a brighter note...I don't care who's oil it is....i'll still be in demand at the refineries and pipelines...cos the oil won't stop flowing even if there is a split. So we could end up invoicing a different paymaster. :LOL:

And another thing. Who invested all the money into the infrastructure to enable extraction, processing and delivery of this oil and gas. Or does that not count for anything.

And another thing. Who invested all the money into the infrastructure to enable extraction, processing and delivery of this oil and gas. Or does that not count for anything.

Smart Alex says debt belongs to UK and oil belongs to Scotland.

I'll say aye to that :drunk:

Last edited:
I don't even know why we are discussing any of this cos theres zero chance of a yes vote anyhow. The bookies say so.
I suspect the agenda all along has been about how to get a bit more money out of the rest of the UK...Devo Max.

I don't even know why we are discussing any of this cos theres zero chance of a yes vote anyhow. The bookies say so.
I suspect the agenda all along has been about how to get a bit more money out of the rest of the UK...Devo Max.

You working with half a loaf?

You working with half a loaf?

Ewan McGregor - No

Shaun Connery - Yes

Billy Connolly - No - but will not be voting. Says Scotland will get what they deserve.

Shrek - No

JK Rowling - No

Brian Cox - Yes

Frankie Boyle - Yes

Alex Ferguson - No

Kevin Bridges - Yeah

Susan Boyle - Noeh

Alan Cumming - Yes

Emma Thompson - Nope

John Barrowman - Yes

Annie Lennox - Thinking bout it

Andy Murray - Not emotional but would like to know how much he stands to lose

Quick fun sample and looks like it's going to be touch n go...

50/50... Sooooooooo many half n half loafers... What's the world coming to?

Touch of the Scottish lass in Paloma :love::love::love:

Last edited:
Today you have a 4 year old boy in front of you asking directions as he is lost, a fortune teller however has told you not to give advice to the boy as this is the day the boy will die.

There is 2 roads forking different directions and the boy asked you which road he is to take.

on one of these roads is a van that will run over him and kill him after skidding off the road.

YOU have a decision to make that will effect this boys life and or death, you can take the easy decision to act deaf and walk away or you can direct him on the road you think is safest for him.

What do you do?

This decision isn't much different to the yes or no vote for us Scots, we have to make a decision, the road we are on is getting dangerous so is this new road any better?

The only ones that can make the choice is us who live here and work here and have families here, if your not asked for an opinion and you don't live here then i would suggest staying out of the debate and letting people who will be effected by it take the burden of decisions because we are just like the 4 year old boy asking for directions and the blind fool who gives directions to the boy because they THINK they know whats best will not live with themselves if they send that 4 year old boy into coffin because they think they know whats best for him.

Just remember 1 thing: were working on assumptions and generalizations, would you trust those with your kids life?

The difference with us Scots is we don't have a choice, we have to make the decision, weather it leads us to the truck or away from the truck is irrelevant, why? because we are the ones that made the decision, not 'someone else' and that's what i want to see, the Scots making there own decisions, after all its there life's.

And since only Scots can participate in said vote, this is exactly what will happen no? Only I'd have assumed that with all the free higher education you lot get (paid for by the likes of me) this was self-obvious... Oh, and it's "their", not "there" ;)

PS Feel free to vote "Yes".

Paid for by the likes of you? i don't think so, and the point was just encase you didn't notice my previous comments was making our own decisions after the yes vote!

If you wan't to try to make things personal and make irrational comments like that then take your comments to someone who wants to listen to them:sleep:

And since only Scots can participate in said vote, this is exactly what will happen no? Only I'd have assumed that with all the free higher education you lot get (paid for by the likes of me) this was self-obvious... Oh, and it's "their", not "there" ;)

PS Feel free to vote "Yes".

Should take up spread betting.
Would not have that problem then.:LOL:

Official figures suggest Scotland spent £62 bn but raised just £45 bn — an annual subsidy from the English taxpayer of at at least £17 bn.
All very nice front of the news paper type stuff. Be far more interesting to get a handle on whats being sucked out of Scotland through less well publicized channels, in the general direction of London.