Should The Potential Setups 2 thread be closed?

Should The Potential Setups 2 thread be closed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The market works because of you lot. All easily led into situations. You are herded into what is deemed as the kill zone. This is the failure. You are fighting a battle you can never win, unless you know where the next battle lies.

Would have reped this but been told to spread reps around.

The market works because of you lot. All easily led into situations. You are herded into what is deemed as the kill zone. This is the failure. You are fighting a battle you can never win, unless you know where the next battle lies.

:LOL:

Classic.

A thread about a thread being closed :LOL:

PT2 has every merit going for it, especially if it explores the integrity of the instigator of the thread in the first place as well as the strategies demise. The rumours regarding TD's account blow up are so far, unfounded, however, I do feel TD needs to clarify this point to avoid losing integrity, both in himself and PT.

1. Trading these time frames is extremely difficult. Not many people can consistently make a living at it. There are probably only a few people on this site that can, I am sure Dante is one of them.

There is a lot of money to be made by spread betting firms and DM firms in fees and non hedged gains.
The more trades you make and the more you get stopped out the more money this massive industry makes.

Because of this there is a lot of information and hype out there, blown out of proportion. (marketing)

2. Investing is easier, having your hand held by international financial firms, with their buying power to get in and out of markets. (but there is not as much potential for percentage gains as in trading.)

There is a lot of money to be made by these companies too, in the form of fewer larger fees.

Because of this there is a lot of information and hype out there, blown out of proportion. (marketing)

Ware these two extremes meet: Is a little boring, there is little information and hype out there, because there is no real money to be made from either of the above two types of firms.

Spread bet firms will set their leverage levels for different instruments to different settings in order to keep the people who give them their money in a high risk area (keeping the odds in their favour). If the client has enough money to stay out this area, then the spread bet company gives them the option of placing as much per point as the client wants, encouraging them back into the high risk zone.

Once you are aware of the zones they try to keep you in, you can begin to do something about it and pitch yourself (using the trading skills you have learnt) between a trader and an investor. You may not have enough money to trade in all the markets you have a fundamental directional biases for to start with, but that is just life.

Remember not everyone will be able to trade like the few successful day traders on this site.

QUOTE:

Classic.

Well I suppose it is the weekend and its grey out there.

Hey TD was a good and very helpful guy.

He was kind enough to create the MMT thread. It should have helped many people.
He was patient enough to answer lots of Qs time and time again. He gave a lot of his own time.

From my point of view, I never considered following his actual trades. Its pretty damned impossible to make money following other peoples trades however good they may be - (try subscribing to a tip sheet, they;ll swear they make money from trades yet you'll find you lose making the same trades.)
The thing with TD was to learn from someone who was ahead of me in terms of ability, and experience, and had the patience to help.
Its rare to come across that so I amvery thankful he was available for a short while.. TD was also a great writer, he had a good way to express himself. Did I read he was a journo previously? It showed.

Personal responsibility is everything in trading. You must follow your own thoughts and ideas and stand by them. Until you can do that you should stay on small account or demo. Sometimes I went for longish periods avoiding the set ups thread, cos seeing all these different views messed with my own analysis. Sometimes it made me freeze or affected my views on trades in other subtle ways. Its got to be your own analysis that counts.

TD never said he would spoonfeed set ups, it was a thread for set ups anyone was considering. He made some calls that were not great, some that were. None of that is really the point. Trading technique was the point.

Other's on the thread also made excellent calls. But few were trades that I would take, they just weren't me..If anyone was following TD's trades rather than his advice they were not taking personal responsibility. If they weren't taking responsibility they were not really traders in my opinion.
When can you say you really are a trader?
When you make a lucky £10K on a trade or 2?
When you live well off trading ?
When you are consistent and responsible and know the risks but are still on demo?
When you can dip into anymarket anytime and take money from it.?
When you can sit for hours, days or weeks not taking a trade because you don't find one good set up?
Or when you try to copy someone else who you think is a trader, and moan when it goes wrong and you lose money?
Everyone has their own answer on this.

I am lucky in that I recently felt able to strike out and trade on my own WITH CONFIDENCE.. I now look for trades on different instruments and longer TFs that were not often referred to on the thread partly cos it suits my lifestyle, partly to make sure I make my own analysis. Its that confidence to find and take trades along with personal responsibility that counts.

PS if anyone thought TDs methods were about pin bars I think they missed the point. Pin bars are just one aspect.( IMHO Outside bars lead to better trades but trading is not all about OBs either). patience to wait for a good set up is what matters.
So everyone get a grip do your own analysis the methods are out in the open there are hundreds of markets to look at. Get on with it.
And why not keep potential set ups 2? even if its just crappy banter most of the time>?

1. Trading these time frames is extremely difficult. Not many people can consistently make a living at it. There are probably only a few people on this site that can, I am sure Dante is one of them.

There is a lot of money to be made by spread betting firms and DM firms in fees and non hedged gains.
The more trades you make and the more you get stopped out the more money this massive industry makes.

2. Investing is easier, having your hand held by international financial firms, with their buying power to get in and out of markets. (but there is not as much potential for percentage gains as in trading.)

There is a lot of money to be made by these companies too, in the form of fewer larger fees.

Ware these two extremes meet: Is a little boring, there is little information and hype out there, because there is no real money to be made from either of the above two types of firms.

Spread bet firms will set their leverage levels for different instruments to different settings in order to keep the people who give them their money in a high risk area (keeping the odds in their favour). If the client has enough money to stay out this area, then the spread bet company gives them the option of placing as much per point as the client wants, encouraging them back into the high risk zone.

Once you are aware of the zones they try to keep you in, you can begin to do something about it and pitch yourself (using the trading skills you have learnt) between a trader and an investor. You may not have enough money to trade in all the markets you have a fundamental directional biases for to start with, but that is just life.

Remember not everyone will be able to trade like the few successful day traders on this site.

Jason,

Firstly, thanks for the reps, although there is no need, just post something like you have, that's enough.

Spreadbetting firms offer excellent value, in certain terms, you can't beat them. I can't believe the profits from spread betting are actually tax free (maybe an insight into how many players are actually profitable?).

There is so much written about SB firms, and it's always in bad taste. The people who complain, blame thier own shortfallings on the SB companies, an easy target. The same people would probably get eaten alive DA.

EOD, what's the point of 'scalping' for most people on here? What people do is create a mindset, the wrong mindset. They say they scalp, but in reality, they trade in fear, and the fear leads to excessive trading, or scalping as they like to put it.

Scalping is a genuine form of trading, but only certain types of participants need to do it. Spreadbetters should not be scalping, not because they are using an SB firm, but because they probably shouldn't be trying to scalp in the first place.

Hope i've got the jist of your post.

Trade well,

Paul.

QUOTE:

Classic.

Well I suppose it is the weekend and its grey out there.

Very very funny - it actually seems to be a thread about Tom. He be back - I hope so he a good guy and a good trader who was willing to share his knowledge and surely that is what this forum should be about? Get ya self back here TD

My guess is that TD has gone on holiday and he and Genics thought it would be fun to cook up some rumours for sh1ts and giggles/lulz. Why else would he not post here for 4 days? He's a T2W addict!

Any thread develops by virtue of its intrinsic popullarity by the readers and contributors on subject of interest.

Why take a vote on it? I think this is more self indulgence than of anything that is of value... Grey clouds playing tricks with ones mind...

Let the threads play them selves out naturally.

With respect to TD's thread I thought it was great. But you've got to respect the mans point of view as he ultimately made it what it was imo coupled with numerous other contributors - lesser and greater souls...

Time to move along...

Very very funny - it actually seems to be a thread about Tom. He be back - I hope so he a good guy and a good trader who was willing to share his knowledge and surely that is what this forum should be about? Get ya self back here TD

NO, NO, Claudia, I think there has been a mistake here, those words were not mine, they were a quote from Tafita, I would certainly not write that especially with a laughing smiley.

Just for the record I agree with all you say.

Your enthusiasm is great, but your logic is all wrong. I'll explain. A pinbar is a pinbar, but it's not always a pinbar. Don't take anything for granted in this game, unless you want to get your account sucked into into another account. Pinbars in thier purest form are a state of play, but if a player does not understand the overall play, then the pinbar ceases to function.:?:

He risked 7% a trade, what do you think was going to happen. He's obviously had a mental breakdown after blowing up his account.

Why do you think he actually "left" futex... or was it more, asked to leave.

Lastly, I should have voted yes. That would be brilliant. The final nail in the coffin. A trading website where the most popular thread gets closed and anyone talking about pinbars will get the thread closed. I really do hope it happens, it'd drive more people away.

Listen folks, none of you stand a chance clinging onto TDs apron strings, just move on. You've got to be your own man in this game, otherwise you're dead in the water. You're all living in a little bubble, but when the bubble bursts, the strongest survive. It's up to you.

There are some valid points here that need to be addressed. Grey skies or not.

Why don't you all mind your own ****ing business. TD never charged nor promoted his thread in a way to financially benefit or guarantee a thing. It was there to discuss and help chat about potential setups. The difference between the validity of the setups and TD's own personal trading is huge for so many reasons and his own personal skills are neither here nor there when it comes to market behaviour discussion.

See below.

You are all stupid ignorant sheep and deserve to lose, be mislead, find a scapegoat much as he is supposedly doing and none of you will survive another 3 months of you don't wake up.

Paul sums it up perfectly. how many of you will really learn anything in this enlightening thread.

im sure if mod's check the ip they will find this is dante

My theory
Trader_Dante only made them threads to get reputation points, when they disappeared - So did his addiction to trying to gain them and therefore so did the deterioration of his words.
Evidence-
1. He moaned about no reputation
2. He disappeared just when it disappeared
3. His posts have earnt him a lot of rep

Whatever .

Your enthusiasm is great, but your logic is all wrong. I'll explain. A pinbar is a pinbar, but it's not always a pinbar. Don't take anything for granted in this game, unless you want to get your account sucked into into another account. Pinbars in thier purest form are a state of play, but if a player does not understand the overall play, then the pinbar ceases to function.:?:

Paul, this is the reason why wild animals raised in captivity will never survive if they are returned to the wild to fend for themselves. I can't believe that the 'setups' thread has run for almost 1 year with 8000+ posts and you have to tell people this! People here don't want to learn how to trade, all they want is for somebody to tell them exactly when to buy and exactly when to sell. The only figuring these idiots want to do is whether they should buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini :LOL:....do you see? :LOL:

im sure if mod's check the ip they will find this is dante

it is not! none the less, a great laff they are having i'm sure, so lets be clear it is not dante! ok!

if i see another multinick or especially returned banned members reading or replying to this thread they are out! don't think we don't know who you are!

Paul, this is the reason why wild animals raised in captivity will never survive if they are returned to the wild to fend for themselves. I can't believe that the 'setups' thread has run for almost 1 year with 8000+ posts and you have to tell people this! People here don't want to learn how to trade, all they want is for somebody to tell them exactly when to buy and exactly when to sell. The only figuring these idiots want to do is whether they should buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini :LOL:....do you see? :LOL:

This point can be hammered home repeatedly but it does not 'hit' home. Horses and water and all that........

NT,

Most people on here will think that i am agreeing with you just for the sake of it. Fools. There are no probable 'set-ups'. Reason, is the only game to play. If reason is not part of the play, then the play has no reason.

Paul.

Worry not my friends, all will soon be revealed in my forthcoming book -

The Fate of Dante: Quest for the lost Stars.

Looks to me like the setups 2 thread has got going in a sensible manner.

So we'll have no more rubbishing of dante, what he decides to do is his business and none of yours, if he posts that's fine, if he chooses not to, that is also fine.

There are no reasons now to continue this discussion thread, it will be closed and in time all non trading related posts in the setups 2 thread will be moved here, also any new threads/posts on this subject will be deleted, its done to death now and a line drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.