Should The Potential Setups 2 thread be closed?

Should The Potential Setups 2 thread be closed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said - I never seem to hear about these things till later.

Plus what TD does really is his concern. I'm sure if he desperately wanted my opinion on all of this he'd have PMd me at the time (or anyone else for that matter).

We're all adults (actually I'm not, but that's by the by)

So what you think then? Is it possible that online brokers are adjusting their trades and algos to catch pin bar set ups by widening prices and spreads when they occur?

So what you think then? Is it possible that online brokers are adjusting their trades and algos to catch pin bar set ups by widening prices and spreads when they occur?

really not very likely.
online brokers have a real market to worry about.
plenty of people can trade a pin bar and make a mess of it without needing any help
from stophunters.
personally I reckon TD got bored with the whole fiasco & wanted a break.
And I very much doubt he trashed his account.
I wish him all the best.

Originally Posted by trendie 
I think this thread should be abandoned.

If there is a genuine desire to have a continuation thread, the past 20 pages are not best of intros for such a project.

Aaronmalins
Start a poll thread to have it closed. TBH this whole thread is an insult to all the time TD spent helping us and to the information he recently brought to our attention. I'm on here for the lulz.

so what's the point of a trading forum where you aren't allowed to discuss trading setups??

Perhaps it could turn into thread for set up levels, (rather than specific price action)
And general trading chat, such as -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GammerJammer
Couple of forces at play here - CME names selling the bejeezus out of the buck, talk Moody's putting California A2 rating on watch and talk the US Navy may have to intercept a Korean ship full of weapons (and I don't mean GJ's razor sharp wit here)

Plus it's thinner than an anorexic model this afternoon.

so a trading forum where price action is a banned subject, that makes sense

I've read more post on here than people have read the Lords Prayer, but this is one of the best. I don't know wether or not you are clever, but to pack so much into fourteen words is going beyond what i thought was possible.

You've got comedy, irony, sadness, fact, and more...

Wether or not you meant it, f*ckin' top post mate!:LOL:

Originally Posted by trendie 
I think this thread should be abandoned.

If there is a genuine desire to have a continuation thread, the past 20 pages are not best of intros for such a project.

Aaronmalins
Start a poll thread to have it closed. TBH this whole thread is an insult to all the time TD spent helping us and to the information he recently brought to our attention. I'm on here for the lulz.

what information? the idea that pro's are ruining his setups from reading the forum? more like TD has become paranoid and is looking for a scapegoat due to blowing up his account

Listen folks, none of you stand a chance clinging onto TDs apron strings, just move on. You've got to be your own man in this game, otherwise you're dead in the water. You're all living in a little bubble, but when the bubble bursts, the strongest survive. It's up to you.

Seriously?

What could the possible reasons for closing it:

1-Dante doesn't like it.

So?

2-Evil people are watching your trades.

Don't be stupid.

3-It's not serving any purpose.

Along with half the threads on the forum, we don't need another useless thread asking if we should delete each of them.

when you say it should be closed, do you mean:

1: close the thread because it has been crapped on by lulz-seekers, and the first 20 or so pages do not do justice to the original?

OR:

2: close it in order to respect trader_dantes wishes?

Personally, the continuation thread would be useful. (a fresh one without the crap).

Traders who perhaps relied on TD for help, will have to rely upon themselves and each other. it may evolve, as people learn to think for themselves, rather than seek the approval of TD for a particular trade, and discuss amongst themselves the merits of a particular set-up.

Much as we should respect TDs wish for no copycat threads, bear in mind pin-bars, or DOJIs, have been around before any of us were born, so are not proprietary to any person or group. Indeed, pin-bars were being discussed by james16 and his followers before TD came along. I believe TD has acknowledged his debt to james16 publicly here at T2W.
Pin-bars are public domain.

I think the supporters of pin-bars should get a fresh, clean thread, and get on with it.

PS: I dont believe TD has blown his account. Logically, the longevity of the original thread suggests the continued merit of pin-bars, and he must, after all this time, learned to control risk.
Applying Occams Razor, the simplest solution being the most likely, he may simply have got bored of constantly having to verify less confident traders assessment of a set-up, and wants some peace.
Since pin-bars/dojis and all its variants are being traded all over the place in ALL TIME-FRAMES, the prospect of big-boys actively fading is laughable.

Who honestly beleves pin-bars are being monitored on 1-hr, 4-hrs, daily and weekly on a myriad of currencies, commodities, oil, indices, etc, just to be faded by the 6-figure-salaried whizzes at Goldman Sachs with their 7 to 8 figure accounts?

Much as I like T2W and all its members, sorry, but you guys aint THAT special!

Have a lovely weekend. :)

when you say it should be closed, do you mean:

1: close the thread because it has been crapped on by lulz-seekers, and the first 20 or so pages do not do justice to the original?

OR:

2: close it in order to respect trader_dantes wishes?

Personally, the continuation thread would be useful. (a fresh one without the crap).

Traders who perhaps relied on TD for help, will have to rely upon themselves and each other. it may evolve, as people learn to think for themselves, rather than seek the approval of TD for a particular trade, and discuss amongst themselves the merits of a particular set-up.

Much as we should respect TDs wish for no copycat threads, bear in mind pin-bars, or DOJIs, have been around before any of us were born, so are not proprietary to any person or group. Indeed, pin-bars were being discussed by james16 and his followers before TD came along. I believe TD has acknowledged his debt to james16 publicly here at T2W.
Pin-bars are public domain.

I think the supporters of pin-bars should get a fresh, clean thread, and get on with it.

PS: I dont believe TD has blown his account. Logically, the longevity of the original thread suggests the continued merit of pin-bars, and he must, after all this time, learned to control risk.
Applying Occams Razor, the simplest solution being the most likely, he may simply have got bored of constantly having to verify less confident traders assessment of a set-up, and wants some peace.
Since pin-bars/dojis and all its variants are being traded all over the place in ALL TIME-FRAMES, the prospect of big-boys actively fading is laughable.

Who honestly beleves pin-bars are being monitored on 1-hr, 4-hrs, daily and weekly on a myriad of currencies, commodities, oil, indices, etc, just to be faded by the 6-figure-salaried whizzes at Goldman Sachs with their 7 to 8 figure accounts?

Much as I like T2W and all its members, sorry, but you guys aint THAT special!

Have a lovely weekend. :)

Perfectly said.
Richard

I find it hard to believe myself but from what little I've known of TD he striked me as the type to say I'm p*ssing off rather make up some sort of elaborate conspiracy theory. That would be a bit daft.

Maybe he was taking business off the vendors and interfering with t2w revenue and they brown enveloped him. Thats my conspiracy :)

He risked 7% a trade, what do you think was going to happen. He's obviously had a mental breakdown after blowing up his account.

Why do you think he actually "left" futex... or was it more, asked to leave.

Lastly, I should have voted yes. That would be brilliant. The final nail in the coffin. A trading website where the most popular thread gets closed and anyone talking about pinbars will get the thread closed. I really do hope it happens, it'd drive more people away.

I find it hard to believe myself but from what little I've known of TD he striked me as the type to say I'm p*ssing off rather make up some sort of elaborate conspiracy theory. That would be a bit daft.

Maybe he was taking business off the vendors and interfering with t2w revenue and they brown enveloped him. Thats my conspiracy :)

you are very naive

The market works because of you lot. All easily led into situations. You are herded into what is deemed as the kill zone. This is the failure. You are fighting a battle you can never win, unless you know where the next battle lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.