Share Attack by Malcolm Stacey - Free Review Copy Offer

Sharky

Staff
We've teamed up with our friends at Harriman House to offer T2W members the chance to grab a free ebook copy for review of Share Attack by Malcolm Stacey.

The first 10 T2W members* to reply to this thread with your preference of paperback (UK only) or ebook, AND private message me your name & address or email, will get a free copy. The only requirement is you agree to post your review** of the book here on this thread.

* In order to give as many members as possible the opportunity to review a book, we're excluding from this offer any member who has already agreed to review a book on T2W, but has yet to review it. Also any member that has been registered for less than a month or posted less than 10 posts, at the time of this posting, will only get a review copy if there are any remaining.

** Reviews should be posted within 30 days of receiving it and you agree to let Harriman House use the reviews to promote the book outside of T2W.

Full jacket text:

"Share Attack" by Malcolm Stacey

Malcolm Stacey in his new book Share Attack provides readers with 80 must-read tips and techniques for trading success. Trading shares can make you rich - but it's not risk-free. You need years of experience to navigate the dangers and seize the best opportunities. Malcolm Stacey has done the hard work for you: he's learned how to be successful through years of his own trading and countless conversations with top traders. Now he's ready to share this knowledge and give you a head start.

Probably Britain's best-known shares blogger, Malcolm has traded from his armchair for nearly 30 years. He's gone through it all, from frothy bull market bubbles to crunching crashes. As a BBC business reporter, he interviewed some of the most successful share traders in the world who revealed to him their top-secret strategies and tips. He's also spoken to countless business leaders to learn what makes a good company - the kind you want to be backing with your cash.

In Share Attack he distils all of this into 80 vital trading tips and techniques that you can put into practice right now.

Filled with insight and experience, Share Attack is a trading book with teeth - a fascinating beginner's guide for those who want to start trading more actively. It's fast-moving and entertaining - and packed with years of techniques, tricks and red flags. You'll learn from Malcolm's early mistakes and benefit from his successes.

Malcolm can't guarantee to make you rich by trading shares, but you can give yourself a vital edge by learning the top secrets of those who've done it all before. It's time for the Share Attack!

Share Attack. Published in August 2015 by Harriman House, ISBN: 9780857194190 (Paperback) RRP: £14.99 - 9780857194961 (eBook) RRP: £9.99.

Attachments

• 3d-book.png
    3d-book.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 361
Ok - count me in for review copy. (pse note never received my copy of Lazy Trader for review on last occasion).

I prefer a pdf ebook if possible. I can read epub but prefer pdf.

I will PM you.

Edit Update

PM sent. I forgot to say that I prefer you reply to me via my email over a PM back to me. I get my emails all the time. quickly. efficiently.

Last edited:
I am interested if copies are available. Sent you a PM. Although my preference is paperback, I am across the pond so I will take the ebook if selected.

Review copy

Hi
I would like a free paperback if still available?

Thanks

Still 3 copies up for grabs, first replies to this thread get's them!!!

In an effort to not influence the other reviewers, I have attached my book review to this post as a .pdf file. Thanks again to Harriman House and Sharky for providing the opportunity to review books of interest.

Attachments

• Share Attack Review.pdf
    320.1 KB · Views: 467
I will make no comments on the book same as Dr Toad.

my review is attached as pdf

Attachments

• Share Attack.pdf
    33.7 KB · Views: 588
interesting but lacking in depth

Attachments

• review.pdf
    112.1 KB · Views: 393
Share Attack Review

Share Attack Review

Share Attack by Malcolm Stacey at one hundred and sixty pages is more of a thick pamphlet than a book.
It reminds me of the sort of thing that is given away free at a trading expo along with a couple of free trading magazines and a pen in a sponsors carrier bag.

This feeling is reinforced by the typesetting and cartoon like drawings on random pages of such things as sharks and shopping baskets. Giving the whole book a feeling of something to pick up and browse through rather than to give it a serious dedicated read.

This book takes the format of eighty separate tips on trading. But unfortunately these tips are laid out in a very random order leaving the reader with no particular direction to follow.

This book is aimed at the beginner and it does have some useful tips it in for the beginner. Such as tips on PE ratios and not borrowing money to buy shares. But unfortunately the advice is so general that the advice would be good under some circumstances but not others. And Malcolm does not go into enough detail as to ascertain under what circumstances the advice would be good and when it would not.
Another piece of advice is not to allocate more than 10% of your money to any one share. Now this may be sound advice in some circumstances, but in today’s world of instant online leveraged trading this advice could be very dangerous.

One of the next pieces of advice is to “Be a chirpy contrarian” “like Warren Buffett”. Again this may be fine if you have the resources of Warren Buffett to hold for good lengths of time and to phone up and have a chat with the CEO or the bank offering an IPO! But this would be useless or dangerous to most traders.

I feel this book has an identity crises. On the front cover it seems to be directed at traders but inside the book it seems to be aimed at investors. Leaving me a bit confused as to what it was all about.

My main summery is that it does have some good advice but it is delivered in a poor way. Leaving it up to the reader to work out under what circumstances and to whom the advice would be valid.
This may be okay for an experienced trader/investor to work out for themselves but this book is not aimed at them, it is marketed at beginners.

Last edited: