21st Century Point and Figure by Jeremy du Plessis - Free Review Copy Offer

Sharky

Staff
Thanks to Harriman House we've got a doubly whammy to offer T2W members this month. If Mastering Tennis Trading doesn't float your boat then how about a hardback review copy of Jeremy du Plessis' new book "21st Century Point and Figure" by Dan Weston.

The first 10 T2W members (see requirements below*) to request a copy for review on this thread will get a free copy (please also send me a private message with your full name and address to receive the book). By requesting a review copy you agree to post your review of the book here on this thread.**

* The offer is only open to addresses within the UK (excluding Northern Ireland). In order to give as many members as possible the opportunity to review a book, we're excluding from this offer any member who has already agreed to review a book on T2W, but has yet to review it. Also any member that has been registered for less than a month or posted less than 10 posts, at the time of this posting, is excluded (sorry!)

** Reviews should be posted within 30 days of receiving it and you agree to let Harriman House use the reviews to promote the book outside of T2W.

Full jacket text:

"21st Century Point and Figure" by Jeremy du Plessis

Point and Figure has been around for over 130 years and the method is just as essential for chart analysis today as it always has been. While the basic principles of the technique have remained unchanged, those working with Point and Figure must still push the boundaries of how it is used, looking to make it even more insightful and powerful. This is exactly what Jeremy du Plessis has achieved with 21st Century Point and Figure.

Previously, it was thought that the lack of time on Point and Figure charts meant that time-based tools and indicators could not be used, and lack of volume meant that the importance of individual columns could not be determined. Jeremy du Plessis shows definitively that neither is the case and that with the use of lateral thinking there are also a host of other new techniques that can be added to Point and Figure charts and analysis.

In this advanced practical guide, du Plessis explains:

- How to use moving averages, Bollinger bands, Donchian channels and parabolic stop and reverse with Point and Figure charts.
- How time-based indicators such as overbought/oversold, RSI, directional movement and MACD can be used with Point and Figure charts.
- How column volume can be used to assess a column's strength and how volume at box level can be used to assess support and resistance areas.
- How traditional accumulation distribution lines, such as on-balance volume and volume-price trend, can be used to enhance the reading of the chart.
- How the analysis of relative strength and spreads can be enhanced using these new techniques.
- Two new Point and Figure based market breadth indicators.

Finally, he introduces a new Point and Figure based oscillator that can also be used on time-based charts.

All topics are illustrated with numerous high-quality, full colour charts and observations from years of trading experience.

The techniques described here open up a whole world of new and advanced analysis tools. You will see that there is more to Point and Figure than you ever imagined, and that it is more flexible than has ever been realised before. If you employ Point and Figure analysis, ensure you don't miss out on these powerful new techniques - be sure to bring your analysis into the 21st century.

21st Century Point and Figure. Published in January 2015 by Harriman House, ISBN: 9780857194428,Hb RRP: £45.

Attachments

• 51lF9ZDYokL.jpg
    51lF9ZDYokL.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:
Yes please. I have one of his earlier books so could do a compare and contrast....

Having just completed my review on "An End to the Bull" I hope I qualify to review this book.

I have no previous experience of P&F so 30 days will be a challenge but I will leave a review within this timescale.

@dentist007 and @Ivan88 you're both good for the book - names added!

So 4 down, 6 books left for review. So who else is interested in reading up (and writing about) P&F?

It is curious that you literally can't give away what's likely to be a good book (judging by Du Plessis' previous efforts). Is point and figure so out of fashion? Or do T2Winners baulk at something as intellectually demanding as an actual book, or having to write a quick review? Maybe their mums have told them never to accept gifts from strangers. Very odd.

It is curious that you literally can't give away what's likely to be a good book (judging by Du Plessis' previous efforts). Is point and figure so out of fashion? Or do T2Winners baulk at something as intellectually demanding as an actual book, or having to write a quick review? Maybe their mums have told them never to accept gifts from strangers. Very odd.

Yeah, I've got to admit this is the first month, we've struggled to give away the books. Perhaps the pressure to actually read a book and review it within a month is just too much. As someone who's been guilty of buying books on a whim, but never getting much further than the first few pages, I can sort of relate to that.

Yeah, I've got to admit this is the first month, we've struggled to give away the books. Perhaps the pressure to actually read a book and review it within a month is just too much. As someone who's been guilty of buying books on a whim, but never getting much further than the first few pages, I can sort of relate to that.

I'd love a copy of this book, but alas, i've not yet completed reading let alone submitting a review of the Livermore book.

I blame 12hr rolling shifts on demanding jobs for my lack of available free time.

(counter_violent: damn those pesky jobs that interfere with our day!)

OK, so we're still at 6 members then who have taken up the free review copy offer, we have 4 copies left to give out. If you're, interested please add your name to this thread (see first post for more details).

If we don't get all 10 reviewers by Friday, 20th March.. I'll close the offer and we'll send out the review copies to whoever we do have.

(counter_violent: damn those pesky jobs that interfere with our day!)

OK, so we're still at 6 members then who have taken up the free review copy offer, we have 4 copies left to give out. If you're, interested please add your name to this thread (see first post for more details).

If we don't get all 10 reviewers by Friday, 20th March.. I'll close the offer and we'll send out the review copies to whoever we do have.

not sure i can do a review within a month, but can take a book if longer timescale allowed.

@MajorMagnuM, that should be fine.. ideally a month, as then you can pick up the next month's review offer; but I think a couple of months is still reasonable. Shall I put you down?