21st Century Point and Figure by Jeremy du Plessis - Free Review Copy Offer

counter_violent

Legendary member
11,269 3,005
Yeah, I've got to admit this is the first month, we've struggled to give away the books. Perhaps the pressure to actually read a book and review it within a month is just too much. As someone who's been guilty of buying books on a whim, but never getting much further than the first few pages, I can sort of relate to that.

I'd love a copy of this book, but alas, i've not yet completed reading let alone submitting a review of the Livermore book.

I blame 12hr rolling shifts on demanding jobs for my lack of available free time.

Sharky

Admin
5,642 434
(counter_violent: damn those pesky jobs that interfere with our day!)

OK, so we're still at 6 members then who have taken up the free review copy offer, we have 4 copies left to give out. If you're, interested please add your name to this thread (see first post for more details).

If we don't get all 10 reviewers by Friday, 20th March.. I'll close the offer and we'll send out the review copies to whoever we do have.

MajorMagnuM

Legendary member
9,284 888
(counter_violent: damn those pesky jobs that interfere with our day!)

OK, so we're still at 6 members then who have taken up the free review copy offer, we have 4 copies left to give out. If you're, interested please add your name to this thread (see first post for more details).

If we don't get all 10 reviewers by Friday, 20th March.. I'll close the offer and we'll send out the review copies to whoever we do have.

not sure i can do a review within a month, but can take a book if longer timescale allowed.

Sharky

Admin
5,642 434
@MajorMagnuM, that should be fine.. ideally a month, as then you can pick up the next month's review offer; but I think a couple of months is still reasonable. Shall I put you down?

MajorMagnuM

Legendary member
9,284 888
@MajorMagnuM, that should be fine.. ideally a month, as then you can pick up the next month's review offer; but I think a couple of months is still reasonable. Shall I put you down?

How many pages is the book? ie is it as long as EWP by prechter? if so it would take me months. I imagine the best person for the job is someone who already can pf. when i signed up i did so to learn the charting method then report on its ease of access and was not aware of the time limit

Charlton

Experienced member
1,501 325
Reasons for reviewing/not reviewing certain books

Yeah, I've got to admit this is the first month, we've struggled to give away the books. Perhaps the pressure to actually read a book and review it within a month is just too much. As someone who's been guilty of buying books on a whim, but never getting much further than the first few pages, I can sort of relate to that.

Having reviewed one book I am happy to review others. I think this is a good idea and opportunity.

However there are reasons for not reviewing some books. For many it will be the time constraint, especially if a review is required in 30 days. For me I decided not to review this book or the tennis book because:
- P&F does not suit the style that I use, although I accept that may be a good reason to review a book because it might reveal new insights
- There are 200 pages of P&F to read, so you need time and dedication to the subject
- Tennis - I am not interested In tennis at all, so less so on a trading book which tries to use tennis terminology to apply to trading
- Tennis - I took a look at the preview and could not understand the tennis analogies and I think it is a bit of a gimmick, so I would have a natural dislike for the book to begin with

Anyway the point of this message is to say that there are definitely other works I would review. It is a good way, after all, to getting free copies :)

Charlton

Reactions: 0007

Sharky

Admin
5,642 434
A few copies left, so extending the offer for 24 hours. Thanks for your patience those who've already put their name down. Last chance to grab a free review copy!

Sharky

Admin
5,642 434
Great! :D

Offer ends today...

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
63,404 3,726
excellent book if you dont know how to eyeball a chart...also you need to be an Updata user to get any real benefit
Where do i write the reveiw ?
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock