Mastering Tennis Trading by Dan Weston - Free Review Copy Offer

You will still need an understanding of how the tennis market works to make use of the Betangel software and BA still costs £30 a month or £150 a year to use unless something has changed?

Ahem, any better ideas Trader ? preferably free and foolproof.
Back in the day there 2 guys, one either end of the court and zappo match on.

Nasty rumours do circulate about match fixing but with that sort of money at large hardly surprising really.

Hows about this one.

Attachments

• tennis.PNG
    tennis.PNG
    366 KB · Views: 310
Christ - andy murray will have retired before I get a copy

hahahahaha

I'm not a huge fan of tennis but I do usually spot the Samprases, Federers etc. when they are emerging. Noone really supreme at the mo.

This is what the experts say - http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks

Attachments

• tennis.PNG
    tennis.PNG
    297.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
A few copies left, so extending the offer for 24 hours. Thanks for your patience those who've already put their name down. Last chance to grab a free review copy!

Hey all

On vacation so got a chance to read quickly

This is a quality book. Much better than the usual drivel we see in the ebook market so full credit to the author and the team

It is clear that the author is an expert in the TT field and has the published stats and experience in the book to prove it......really detailed and a good read

I'm not a tennis trader but I do appreciate all the information published here and how it would benefit anyone from beginner to pro for valuable knowledge

Something for everyone here and a good reference for the extensive libraries we all need to be profitable in our own trading field

I am not a tennis trader it's difficult for me to suggest where the publication can be improved .....clearly the author has websites and more support for people wishing to improve their tennis trading so this publication is a good springboard to support such services......it's not going to make you a savvy tennis trader from just this book.....but a decent starting point

I like his objective and risk averse approach in the chapters on stakes....again I cant comment on exact comparisons but clearly limiting % exposure of your capital base in staking is always important to preserve capital wealth and ensure long term survival

Liquidity was also interesting .......I have always warned traders about the limitations of these markets so good to see he flags it up a lot......

All in all a good read .....recommend for anyone wanting to look at tennis trading

N

Last edited:
Trading using a betting exchange has some major differences than that of using a traditional broker. The key advantages are that you only pay commission on profitable trades and your risk is strictly limited and known before any trade is taken. There are two approaches in my view to trading using a betting exchange.

One is to analyse data such as “form” for the market you are trading (horses, football or tennis etc) and the other is to trade based on price only. In either case markets are so efficient now days that without some form of edge it is highly unlikely that consistent profits can be made.

This ebook focuses more on statistical “Form” analysis more than outright price trading. The author clearly has a very good ability to gather data and analyse it to find an edge in the market. What he looks for is price inefficiencies relative to “crowd perception” of reality and he is very good at doing this. There are key scenarios when price inefficiency is likely to occur and he has developed a number of strategies to profit from these.

He describes in detail why a strategy should work when one of these scenarios happens and how to play it. He also covers dangerous situations where risk is much higher than potential reward and how to offset the likelihood of this happening.

To make use of these strategies will take quite a lot of analysis until you become familiar with how and why they work.

All in all a good book on how to profit from trading tennis although it may be too detailed for some who are not comfortable with the large number of stats being discussed but over time this can be learned in my view.

I regret to say that when it started getting statistical I nodded off.
I think I will stick to the tried and tested method of going with an on form top player who looks good and talks up his the game.
I can see that anyone who has the motivation could run a neat website and take care of the stats etc.

I think I will stick to the tried and tested method of going with an on form top player who looks good and talks up his the game.

Have you found that to be consistently profitable because in my view the odds will refelct it and over the long term it will lose money.

Have you found that to be consistently profitable because in my view the odds will refelct it and over the long term it will lose money.

It's just a matter of picking a good one. Small profits in early matches until he wins the tournament or loses just the once on the way up.
Personally I haven't bet tennis yet but might do this Wimbledon.