Seeking Successful Forex Trader

James Austin

I’ve been trading forex for 7 years full time. I have not been profitable overall. I have given myself 6 more months to find a justification for continuing with this endeavour. If I do not find a justification I will close my accounts, delete my platforms and pursue a different direction mid 2014. (*probably land surveying or accounting; both pay well and have high employability in my country, Australia).

I seek a successful forex trader for 1 on 1 mentoring, preferably one that has been profitable for at least 3 years running, has been trading for more than 5 years, and in a low risk fashion.

I cannot offer you any money upfront for your assistance. Your reward will be the delight in seeing a dedicated student learn and grow. Although I am happy to profit share trades taken using your methodology in an effort to compensate you for your time.

If you are willing to help me, please PM me. I am 42 years of age, mature, dedicated, and now humble.

PS, to the "casual" members,

please do not recommend courses, websites or forums unless you can back your claims with verified statements: profitable for at least 3 years, and “reasonable” drawdown.

Last edited:
You won't find them here James. Try registering in rapacapintro and you will see profitable traders with long history.

I am profitable myself, but the history won't qualify your criteria yet.

Cheers,
FxTurtle

You won't find them here James. Try registering in rapacapintro and you will see profitable traders with long history.

I am profitable myself, but the history won't qualify your criteria yet.

Cheers,
FxTurtle

Nonsense. Everyone here is is profitable and we all drive lambos. Driving a beaten up hyandai does not count my friend even if it's got all the extras.

Just one more trade.....!

Nonsense. Everyone here is is profitable and we all drive lambos. Driving a beaten up hyandai does not count my friend even if it's got all the extras.

Give up trading James. You know you can't hack it. And you may not realise it but you are like a smoker that can't kick the habit -just one more cigarette?
Give it up and find a more rewarding, non-addictive, hobby.
Good luck.

I’ve been trading forex for 7 years full time. I have not been profitable overall. I have given myself 6 more months to find a justification for continuing with this endeavour. If I do not find a justification I will close my accounts, delete my platforms and pursue a different direction mid 2014. (*probably land surveying or accounting; both pay well and have high employability in my country, Australia).

I seek a successful forex trader for 1 on 1 mentoring, preferably one that has been profitable for at least 3 years running, has been trading for more than 5 years, and in a low risk fashion.

I cannot offer you any money upfront for your assistance. Your reward will be the delight in seeing a dedicated student learn and grow. Although I am happy to profit share trades taken using your methodology in an effort to compensate you for your time.

If you are willing to help me, please PM me. I am 42 years of age, mature, dedicated, and now humble.

please do not recommend courses, websites or forums unless you can back your claims with verified statements: profitable for at least 3 years, and “reasonable” drawdown.

Hi James

First question - 7 yrs full time - like 40 hrs a week 48 weeks a year for 7 yrs and you still have not got a continual daily profitable way of trading the FX markets ??

You do need over 10k hours of live small frame chart watching to become really good - and if you have spent your 13440 hrs just reading books and studying the usual rubbish of what you can and cannot do - then I can probably understand why

However I have found somewhere between watching live charts ideally under 30 mins or even better - all frames up to 10 mins - for say 4 -6k hours - you do start to "understand" the game .

If your 7 yrs are really just say 10 -20 hrs a week trading and a bit of studying - then you will not be there yet - as that may be under 5k hrs and the books and courses etc have managed to "lead you astray"

I have not got the time and you would not have the money for me to give you "on to one" mentoring - but I am quite happy to try and get you more consistent - totally free of charge - if you are prepared to join my thread for a few months .

You may have to forget most of what you have learnt - you will need 4 -8 hrs a day between 6.30am to 6 pm UK times and most importantly - you will need determination - focus - high concentration levels - dedication - patience and of course - lots and lots of discipline

If you check out the thread

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader.html

You will need a day or so to read it all - but really within 100 pages of random choice you will start to see what I do - ie take 10 -20 intraday trades every day all from approx 5 pip stops

You should have all the basics - especially after 7 yrs and another member here Major Magnum ( MM ) as been following approx 4 months - and check out his results over the last few weeks ( he had a couple of years behind him with the usual common garden stuff ie Harmonics etc etc

If i cannot get you there ( to a consistent profitable level) in a few months - I would then give up

Even with my assistance ( must be live on the forum - no PM's or anything ) you will still need than another 500 + live trades and maybe 3- 6 further months to then to profits week in weeks out and then after a year or two - profit every session and every day.

Its all up to you and whether you have the determination etc

If its there - then you can do it - the only person who will really know is.......YOU

All the best

Regards

F

F, thanks for the reply. I had previously considered your strategy, but your smaller tf's are likely a mismatch with my personality type.

update:

started testing a new strategy Oct 2013, at completion (20 Jan 2014), I officially commenced collecting data in a real account

a mere 4 week sample, but a good start, +8.57%, and 4.19% max DD

"consistency" is the magic word for me in trading......let's see if this can continue!

if not, i'll have to get a real job :D

Attachments

• 2014-02-16_1140.png
    2014-02-16_1140.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 244
Hi James, do you trade short or intermediate term trend? I know a trader who is making several thousand pips profits on forex but only in the intermediate term.
John

Hi James, I am curious about a couple of things.
What return are you shooting for? I.e. Would 20% cagr be acceptable to you? Or are you shooting for the stars?
What is the maximum drawdown you honestly think you could handle?
Also, why limit yourself to forex? If it's money you want to make, does it really matter which market it comes from?

50% cagr (or greater) and 15% DD (or less), seems reasonable to me from people i've talked to

and i'm sticking with forex for the time being

Hi James, I am curious about a couple of things.
What return are you shooting for? I.e. Would 20% cagr be acceptable to you? Or are you shooting for the stars?
What is the maximum drawdown you honestly think you could handle?
Also, why limit yourself to forex? If it's money you want to make, does it really matter which market it comes from?

where are your records, i cant see them?

are you saying that this post you typed is proof you can trade?

I agree their are many forum Rambos. Of course you can see my record it, I post it monthly on this forum for all to see. And have for a while. Each and every trade good or bad. At over 89% profitable trades and no drawdown to speak of, I'd say I know how to trade profitably. And do my best to help others reach my level. Good trade to you.

Please joine my facebook-facebook.com/rasheed.kondeth

F, thanks for the reply. I had previously considered your strategy, but your smaller tf's are likely a mismatch with my personality type.

Just saw this thread and saw this message. But unfortunately to tell you, you won't be successful in trading on 1 TF. You can't find good entry or exit and you are too late to know if something bad happened if you are trading only with a single TF. 4H and DAILY chart is the most profitable trading TF, but without 30M entry, it means nothing.

What a load of crap! to say you can't trade off a 1hr chart. Most of my entries come on a 1hr chart with along side higher time frame conformation. Are you saying your method works best for all strategy's? Have you back tested every strategy on all time frames to come to this conclusion?

1 (ONE) and not 1HR I have written there. I think you need to wear a specs. (n)