Search for posts

dick_dastardly

Established member
I want to find any/all posts by a member called "Dr Lecter" on the subject of Efficient Market Hypothesis.

I have used the search facility but have not been able to find a single post by him, although I have found references to him by other members. I have tried back tracking from these references without success.

As I remember he was quite a character and attracted alot of attention, so someone should remember him. I think he stopped posting towards the end of 2003.

I have looked in the member list and he seems to have completely disappeared from the record.

Can a Mod or anyone help ?

Thanks in advance,

dd

Hi DD

I've just had a quick look through the admin panel and there's no member of that name listed, in either the current or banned members list, and i've checked for DrLecter, Dr_Lecter, Dr Lecter, Dr.Lecter, Dr. Lecter etc etc.

It'd be quite unusual for us to erase a member profile because that would do away with all their posts as well, and there is no option to remove your own account - so I'm a bit stumped to be honest if you're certain of his past presence. It could be of course that he has requested a name change which does happen, and as such all posts under the name of Dr.Lecter will now appear to be in another name - which would also explain the absence from the administrator's list.

rossored

rossored said:
and i've checked for DrLecter, Dr_Lecter, Dr Lecter, Dr.Lecter, Dr. Lecter etc etc.

Yes, I did all that as well and found nothing.

However, after doing a google search I found evidence of his existence here

http://www.trade2win.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=50&password=&sort=1&cat=all

I've done a search using phrases such as "market efficiency", "efficient market", "efficient market theory", "efficient market hypothesis" etc etc and it throws up nothing.

The style and content of his posts were unmistakable, so even if he had changed his nick, it should be quite easy to locate his posts.

It's a bit of a mystery

dd

Found the answer to your conundrum, in an email from the user dated March 2004, in which he asks us to remove all his posts and de-register him from the forum - which we did, unfortunately.

rossored said:
Found the answer to your conundrum, in an email from the user dated March 2004, in which he asks us to remove all his posts and de-register him from the forum - which we did, unfortunately.

Oh ! Right !

Guess that explains it then. Pity.

At least now I know I didn't imagine it.

I was beginning to question my sanity.

Thanks rossored

dd