Scam Merchants - Lets get rid of them??

ADVFN are one of the worst offenders - they regularly promote "get rich quick" trading schemes such as Goldline, knowing full well they are a rip off

isnt investing in some course just like taking another trade? whether your/ my judgement was right or wrong is my responsability that I should either profit or learn from instead of going crying to some self appointed 'trading police' who for all I know could be 'better or worse than the last 'trade' that I just took.......but wont know until I take it !!

in the world of trading which is just people buying or selling stuff on percieved values.......not really caring if your opposing fellow trader gets rich or 'gets stuffed', this all seems a bit odd.

wouldnt the time & effort be better spent volunteering & helping people (kids esp) who really are getting a bad deal

.....just my initial thought's

Jay

My Names Honest Jon, But People Call Me Tony.

"Originally Posted by PM from Zenda
Zenda wrote on 22-02-2004 12:19 PM:

In Confidence - I bought it From the States for $200 full Copy( not original) Lifetime code included - you can have it for £100 notes you can pay me by paypal - use [email protected] if you like- No I dont use it I trade Forex . Once confirmation of payment recd I'll send it on Recorded Delivery Tomorrow - Z "

Well this had me spitting me Wheat Grain Cheerio's all over my screens the morning.. dear ohh dear.

Learntrading? what is trading ? easy its a horse race..... :LOL: and thats being pumped @ £39.50 that introduction to what trading is, expressed by learntrading.co.uk says it all . This from a former Finacial Adviser, you can see why all the trouble with endownments came about, they havent a bloody clue. Keep on selling mate.

If I sensed any awareness of Trading knowledge in Learntradings Definition of What Trading Is, then I would mention that, Sorry.

As always go find out for yourself.

Fx.

Brief outline of the workshop's content

* The $1.9 Trillion a day Forex Market....................it's big !
* Introduction to currency pairs...........................here they are , arent they pretty
* Basic Principles of Currency Trading..................................you buy & sell
* Comparison between Forex, Equities and Futures.....................there different, but similar !
* Risks involved with Forex Trading.......................you could loose...............(everything)
* Margins and overnight interest.......................what the SB's wont tell you !!
* Prediction vs. Betting......................which works best, ...place your bets !
* Practical Advantages...................I get payed for telling you all of this :) !!
* The Buy and Sell Movement......................buy goes up , sell goes down !!
* Liquidity...............................Time for a quick Cuppa
* Leverage.......................................Now all F**K off

just having a laugh.....or am I

Jay

Hello Zenda,

I have just watched your video. I recently did a free investing course organised by one of the people you mention in your video. The company regularly advertises in the Financial Times and is figurheaded by an energetic 30 something english lad who claims to have worked for free learning the tricks of top investors. There is a free seminar followed up by a several thousand pound programme. Win Investing.

Anyway I was impressed at the free talk that I seriously thought about paying for the follow on course. But I said to myself I would follow the suggestions made in the free seminar to see if they work. So I signed up to Investaquest and applied some of the guidelines given, although not sticking to the original the 5 stocks strategy (quite similar to Beating the Dow I later learned). Anyway the duration of the investaquest compettion ,four months, and the stock correction in May/June meant that I had finished down about 15% although my stocks were recovering across the board. I felt if the competition had more time they would have begun to do well. So I was encouraged by that and have looked into the idea of longer term investment simulation software similar to that provided on oanda but for trades.

Anyway my point is that the Winters free seminar was good for encouraging me to believe that I could do well in the stock market. They did mention to paper trade which is what I am doing. However they do lead you to believe that you would achieve stellar returns on completing the programme. So that is why I would be interested in watching your follow up videos. To hear your take on it along with taking in the losses made by or accounts of others. Perhaps you will be considering the guarantee they give that if you follow their code to the T and loose money that they will refund you your total initial investment.

I have to say though that I will not be paying for any training/coaching for the foreseaable fututre. I have bought myself some college textbooks and am working through those. It has occurred to me that people who go on crash courses go to more crash courses. Although I have observed that there are very talented people contributing to this site who may well provide completely transparent and useful information.

Cheers,

Merstocks

One of the ideas I suggested to the Moderators of this website was to do unbiased in-house reviews of the top software programmes. A bit like Jack O' Clubs is doing on Trade Predictor in his journal here on T2W.
If they say they haven't got the time to do a "Which" style one day delayed trading analysis then farm out programmes to any interested members. If the software companies are unwilling to supply their programmes then it should be stated as such. Think of all that free advertising !!
Another idea is to treat it much as motor-cycle racing. Substitute Ducati, Honda etc for Metstock, Market Matrix etc and let them compete against each other in a competition. Some independents too - with XYZ software ???

jimbo57 said:
from Zenda's website...

Description

LearnTrading owner and Trading Instructor John Bartlett offers one-to-one tuition within reasonable distances (75 mile radius of Bristol). The venue is by agreement however John prefers to use Regus Business Centres which are available throughout the UK. The cost of Room hore and travel will be born by the student and added to the tuition fee (visit www.regus.com and select UK).
Individuals who have little computer experience and would feel at a disadvantage in purchasing a CD course or attending a full day workshop. John understands the need to teach basic skills with understanding.

Those that have previously attended a LearnTrading workshop may just need a refresher. If you have been trading for a while and you are in a “Rut” probably developing bad habits John will put you back on the right track practically and mentally.

If you have a small group of friends or colleagues that you want for a small full day session for beginners on either Forex or Spread Betting then perhaps arranging this individually as a private session would be more suitable. Price by negotiation

Please note: John does not give tuition in Private houses (except where disability or similar is the reason)

Whats a 'Room hore' John?

Its Sad But I will let my students talk for me - because of the content in some of the posts I shall again refrain from posting again in this forum - I don't need to.
What they say about the Forex Workshop

John is a fabulous Teacher humerous,easy going, kind, understanding but above all a man of huge integrity with real knowledge THE BEST I HAVE EVER ATTENDED Superb value for money.- George Seago-13th Oct 06

Excellent for beginners NO Bull**** or selling system, just practical down to earth advice, its reasonably priced and will save you a fortune going elswhere!! Neil Prior 13th Oct 06

Very easy to follow. excellent content Very thorough, Fantastic value with all the extras given at the end of the course - FANTASTIC TEACHER!! VERY FREINDLY!! THANK YOU - Mathew S-13th Oct 06

Simply presented and good relaxed atmosphere. Good build up from light start to dealing withg more complex issues Richard Care- 13th Oct 06

The Best course on Forex they can attend - A.M.

As Usual John excellent content, well presented in plain language, no hype, great freebies would recommend you anytime, excellent value – Mike Lucas

Very good course lots of information conveyed clearly. Good common sense. John is very patient with absolute beginners. – Jan Wrigley

A very good course. The practical down to earth approach was particularly welcome. Concepts were put across clearly and the use of a ‘Live’ Trading platform meant that knowledge is easily applied. Good humour and enjoyable throughout. – Chris Gordon

Excellent venue, food was amazing. Very down to earth and realistic, John tells it “Like it is” in an easy to understand format. Great Value – Paul Taylor

Excellent Venue with a tasty choice of snacks/lunch. Certainly preferable to any London Venue. Much appreciated day of Forex information and trading techniques. Good presentation of a complex subject with vital tips and recommendations. – Mike Raines

Initial doubts and fears dissolved about Forex trading. John has a genuine desire to help. I feel I am not alone. John is doing great work and great value – Paul Holman

John is an excellent instructor, explaining Forex in plain English with no BS – Marc Virgo

I came with an open mind and was pleasantly surprised. John you are excellent, the course was explained fully, easy to understand, good visual displays. Amazed at the amount of material we received, this course is well recommended- Barbara Purville

A fun and information packed day with the basics of forex trading explained by a teacher and coach who walks his talk. John’s ability to communicate so many aspects of this fascinating and lucrative subject represents great value for money. A great day – Malcolm Horsey

This is just what I need to extend my portfolio of financial activities. This course kept me awake all day! You have no idea what praise that is. The cost of the course and professional approach is exemplary – John Welburn

I really loved it. I’m a real beginner, I would never imagine that I could enter this fantastic world , thanks John, - Maria Teixlira

Surprised to find that almost anyone can do this, I have now decided that this is for me after a one day course. I will not pay a penny for some of these so called professional systems wonderful way of presenting the course and so easy to understand Good value for money. – Peter Gould

Prior to attending the course I knew nothing about trading. I now feel equipped to pursue this as a possible business venture. I also love the idea of being able to practice trading using the demo sites provided. The course was clear and concise. There was ample information provided to enable a first timer like myself to get off the ground without feeling confused by all the info on the market. Ms C Williams

;)

jimbo57 said:
Whats a 'Room hore' John?

Let me see......

Either something of a vicious nature...

1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts:

or

2. a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.

jimbo57 said:

cheers jimbo, this caught my eye... a customers test'y below

"Excellent venue, food was amazing. Very down to earth and realistic, John tells it 'like it is' in an easy to understand format. Great Value." Paul Taylor

hardly an advert . grief,

£395.00 Plus Value? added Tax for bloody egg n mayo sandwhiches , a nice carpet in the room, and easy to understand "how it is " format, well we all know that trading is horse racin, Now off.

Next.

lordy and he has a front to question others scamming when he's chargin £395.00 Plus Value? added Tax for bloody cheese sandwhiches. And I bet the bloody crust's are still left on.

Way to scam John.

Keep on pumpin it.

Zenda said:
- because of the content in some of the posts I shall again refrain from posting again in this forum - I don't need to.

Ta ta for now then....

chuffin' 'eck - what a to-do :rolleyes:

I am trying to work what this thread is about! ( when I have stopped laughing at the posts :LOL:
petard, hoist, own :LOL: :LOL: )

As yet, Zenda, has yet to provide a definition of a "scam".

As has already been pointed out, you cant just "go off on one" about others, especially as libel / slander issues may embroil T2W unnecessarily.
( has the youtube presentation been posted on your own website ? )

anyway, what is a scam? what are its essential characteristics?

Zenda said:
Removed - never to contribute on T2W forums again I may submit articles for the benefit of those that appreciate it but there are some exceedingly nasty and jealous individuals here. :|

Twilight Zone or what?!

Is this one of those philosophical conundrums?

Has he gone because he has recognised himself as a scammer, and gotten rid of himself?

A noble cause Zenda but going from the video one that I think is going to leave you open to litigation

Your background in the financial services industry is not a qualification for any sort of financial training that would be useful in direct market trading.
I see you are described as a successful trader, on what basis is this ?

I am not having a go at you I do note that you have some good feedback from your beginners courses but I am sure that those mentioned in the video could also provide some positive feedback and maybe some that have gone on to do well in trading

at the end of the day there will always be people willing to take money from the exploitation of others lack of knowledge or experience