S&P analysis for Friday 2nd Oct

Tom's book is now available as a free download (e-book), the Bootcamp CD is visual so it certainly enhances your learning curve. Then you only require a charting package which prints Price bars and Vol.

You can learn a lot from threads by Dbphoenix on price/vol and analysis on this thread, plus there is some info on TradersLaboratory which may help:

[VSA] Volume Spread Analysis - Traders Laboratory

Sorry to take up this post so belatedly. Can you please post the link to Tom's book from where I can freely download it? Also I would like to know whether the forum mentioned in your post is still in existence. If yes, what is the link?

Thought I'd submit these thoughts on the S&P after a little bit of chartgazing this morning. I don't look at volume but see what you think.

Price has broken down through the March 02 uptrend channel and also through the base of the October 07 triangle. The triangle depth when the pattern confirmed in November was 119 pts and breakout occurred at 1447, so we have just reached the target price, 1328.

The August 07 low has been convincingly breached but the index has ended the week on the May 06 high at 1325. The head and shoulders started in July 07 appears to have been confirmed, and this suggests a further fall from here of 80 pts or 6% to 1247.

It could be signficiant that 1240 is around the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level from the index’s October 02 post-tech bubble low to its March 2000 all-time high. This also coincides with a resistance level from August 05.

Some earlier minor support is possible at 1265 (4% down) – this is the 38.2% retracement level from the October 07 high back to the low at the start of the recent uptrend, October 02 – then possibly at 1234 and 1223. Worst case from the above currently shows a fall of a further 10% to 1223. This might suggest a FTSE100 value of 5311, 10899 for the Dow.

Comments welcome.

Tom

Since the thread is about the relationship between price and volume only, you may want to post your analysis in a thread that addresses pattern, Fib, etc.

Hello there,
Does anybody have Sebastian Video analysis from this tread ? coz links are dead.

Thanks!

Hi Flimbo,
Sebastian jumped ship to Traders Laboratory about the same time as dbphoenix, where I believe he posts under his own name. I suggest you go there as the subject could well be more up to date over there than it is here.
Traders Laboratory
Tim.

hi timsk

i have been looking on Traderslab as well but afterall there is not his old video analysis as well :(.
so i was hoping on forum someone downloaded it.
but i will try post on Traderslaboratory : )

thanks