S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

If there was another August week I would have 1406 or flat for the week ! But with the traders trickling back from boozey holidays in the sun I think it may well take off, but which way ?

1430s - 1370s

so what's my forecast ? um er 1423

If there was another August week I would have 1406 or flat for the week ! But with the traders trickling back from boozey holidays in the sun I think it may well take off, but which way ?

1430s - 1370s

so what's my forecast ? um er 1423

Mmmmmmmm, you nailed it, back from happy holidays in the sun, hope everyone else is back good and sound too:cheesy:
My next call 1414, ojalá!!!

is there among you who have trading strategies neuroshell if anyone can help me, because I was having problems in making the strategy

So finally a move of significance this week with a finish up at 1437.92

Full results - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=0

1) Pat494 + isatrader
2) dpinpon
3) ibetyou

Excellent work to the 4 of you there. Had I posted, I would have gone for 1431 again :whistling

ibetyou still in the lead and with Q3 coming to an end shortly, I think Pat might have difficulty knocking him off his perch at the top of the tree.

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120907.png
    SPWeekly20120907.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 181
So finally a move of significance this week with a finish up at 1437.92

Full results - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=0

1) Pat494 + isatrader
2) dpinpon
3) ibetyou

Excellent work to the 4 of you there. Had I posted, I would have gone for 1431 again :whistling

ibetyou still in the lead and with Q3 coming to an end shortly, I think Pat might have difficulty knocking him off his perch at the top of the tree.

Thanks
Glad to see the top 6 were right.
Gut feeling beat crappy indicators.

Interesting that the top half of the table goes for up while the bottom half sees down this week.
We shall know by Friday night.

Well that clearly explains the difference between the top half of the table v the bottom. :cheesy:

I do think Samspade is letting the side down though. ;)

Was nice to get some points on the board again after a few consolidation weeks in the market. But my plan has been to stick with the trend and not let weekly factors sway me.

So I'd like go up again at 1342 please rob, as I think the market might want to digest some of this week gains before moving higher.

P.S. If you have the time this week, or in the coming weeks it would be interesting to see the annual totals for everyone if you can.

So I'd like go up again at 1342 please rob, as I think the market might want to digest some of this week gains before moving higher.

P.S. If you have the time this week, or in the coming weeks it would be interesting to see the annual totals for everyone if you can.

Don't want to be picky David but is that down 1342

or

up at 1442 ?

Don't want to be picky David but is that down 1342

or

up at 1442 ?

Sorry typing error it should be 1442 please.

I had Lasek laser surgery on my eyes two weeks ago and they are still healing, so I can't see my computer screen very well at the moment.

Now that some consistency is being displayed I was thinking of trying to up the cleverness by thinking about options. Please let us know if anyone has experience of these tricky plays.
I found in my inbox an email from Doc Severon about trading " Iron Condor " options. See below. Just might be something more than hot air but one needs to be extra vigilant if new to this type of trading. It can be so very costly.

[email protected]

Attachments

• Trading strategy.PNG
    Trading strategy.PNG
    461.9 KB · Views: 169
A glum US jobs market report for August on Friday was bad news for President Barack Obama's reelection fight but raised the likelihood that the Federal Reserve will take fresh action to boost the economy.

The weak economy added a meager 96,000 jobs in August, and the official number of jobless fell by a quarter-million people to 12.5 million.

That helped to bring the unemployment rate down to 8.1 percent from 8.3 percent, the Labor Department said.

But behind that seeming positive data was a more ominous change: some 368,000 people gave up searching for jobs and left the labor force, leading to a substantial net rise in the total number of working-age Americans out of work.

The number of people actively seeking jobs, and others who say they want work but are not searching, rose to 19.5 million after falling for much of the year.

The data appeared to confirm worries expressed by Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke last week, when he called labor market stagnation "a grave concern."

"Persistently high levels of unemployment will wreak structural damage on our economy that could last for many years," he warned.

Economists concluded that Friday's data makes it more likely that the Fed will act anew to help growth when its policy board meets on Wednesday and Thursday.

The Federal Open Market Committee could strengthen its declared commitment to its near-zero interest rate, easy-money stance, or possibly go as far as approving a third round of quantitative easing (QE) bond purchases.

"Given Bernanke's speech last week, the Fed is likely to either launch a third round of QE or extend its commitment to zero rates into 2015," said John Ryding and Conrad DeQuadros at RDQ Economics.

I would strongly suggest sacking their financial advisors and re-employing those that want BIG spending cuts. The national US deficit is standing at $16 trillion and getting worse. How awful is that !!

Last edited: