S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

Being the slacker that I am, pls find enclosed

a) Snapshot of end of week positions from last week

b) Link to this week's predictions - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=0

Mwah, mwah

I must come to Robbie boys defence here...

I'm not much of a fishermen (in fact my girl friend keeps asking me to get our licenses so we can go and I keep telling her we will when it gets cooler(and then warmer):whistling( over four years together and we still have not been fishing)
BUT
Don't you need some slack in the line to lure the fish or something?

Not sure if this works ( I never caught any fish when I did go as a youngster) or what it has to do with trading, but a little slacking can't always be a bad thing!:innocent:

So I just wanted to suck up a little and say "thanks" to Rob for taking the time to do this I really do appreciate it. It's nice just to stop by once or twice a week and have all the work done for me.

P.S. I'm sure every other person taking part in this "game" feels the same way!

I must come to Robbie boys defence here...

I'm not much of a fishermen (in fact my girl friend keeps asking me to get our licenses so we can go and I keep telling her we will when it gets cooler(and then warmer):whistling( over four years together and we still have not been fishing)
BUT
Don't you need some slack in the line to lure the fish or something?

Not sure if this works ( I never caught any fish when I did go as a youngster) or what it has to do with trading, but a little slacking can't always be a bad thing!:innocent:

So I just wanted to suck up a little and say "thanks" to Rob for taking the time to do this I really do appreciate it. It's nice just to stop by once or twice a week and have all the work done for me.

P.S. I'm sure every other person taking part in this "game" feels the same way!

I still have him down as a slacker. :cheesy:

Slacker and proud of it.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure hw is going to win this week. Can't put my finger on why

:whistling

Slacker and proud of it.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure hw is going to win this week. Can't put my finger on why

:whistling

You know what's sad/funny?

When you said you thought I was going to win this week I went to a chart to see if I could figure out what you were seeing to think that so early.:innocent:
Then it struck me that you might not just be a great guy, but you may also take bribes:-0!
Shall we say PayPal;)?

You know what's sad/funny?

When you said you thought I was going to win this week I went to a chart to see if I could figure out what you were seeing to think that so early.:innocent:
Then it struck me that you might not just be a great guy, but you may also take bribes:-0!
Shall we say PayPal;)?

Indeed hw - say for example S&P finished on 1486 this week. A special rule where in this instance, 100pts, would be deducted due to 'market irregularities' would be invoked and the referees insistance. Low and behold, you would be the winner :whistle:whistling

I daresay there would be some outrage but it would be short lived.

Paypal or non-sequential, used GBP banknotes (£20) to be left in a brown paper bag addressed to Senor Robster of Taplow.

Perhaps Bill has a point to make here

It depends upon what the meaning of the word it means. If it means is, and never has been, that's one thing. If it means, there is none, that was a completely true statement.
Bill Clinton
In 1998 grand jury testimony on Monica Lewinsky affair

Indeed hw - say for example S&P finished on 1486 this week. A special rule where in this instance, 100pts, would be deducted due to 'market irregularities' would be invoked and the referees insistance. Low and behold, you would be the winner :whistle:whistling

I daresay there would be some outrage but it would be short lived.

Paypal or non-sequential, used GBP banknotes (£20) to be left in a brown paper bag addressed to Senor Robster of Taplow.

The 100 point deduction sounds like a good thing but what happens if I'm off by only 23 points or something?:sneaky:

We can just call that "slippage" and put me in the top spot for a slightly heavier brown bag special.
Or if you like I can enlist the help of some very nice people who have e-mailed me in the past
from Nigeria. All you would need to do is send then your personal information and bank account numbers.(y)
That way we can keep this whole thing on the down-low so all the other competitors don't catch wind of it.:shuriken:

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120831.png
    SPWeekly20120831.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 183
Congrats to the winners!

I find I'm more consistent this time 'round and at least getting somewhere unlike last quarter.

I'ma continue the bearish call for next week with 1400 yet again. Might change my mind since I'm not entirely convinced it's going down.

Yet another top forecast from Ibetyou.

And good enough to get one wondering the how of it ?
Any tips you may care to impart ?

Yet another top forecast from Ibetyou.

And good enough to get one wondering the how of it ?
Any tips you may care to impart ?

Hi Pat.I must confess i thought you had it this week,had the volume been stronger i think you would have,
So i can only put this weeks win down to luck.
As for tips i think i do the same as yourself as were so close each week,
TA and a bit of news reading then a good guess.
If anything good TA all from bollinger bands nothing else,
I build a ladder of pivot points then make an educated guess.
Now i'll kick myself if you win next week lol.

Hi Pat.I must confess i thought you had it this week,had the volume been stronger i think you would have,
So i can only put this weeks win down to luck.
As for tips i think i do the same as yourself as were so close each week,
TA and a bit of news reading then a good guess.
If anything good TA all from bollinger bands nothing else,
I build a ladder of pivot points then make an educated guess.
Now i'll kick myself if you win next week lol.

Woooo Hooo some info at last from The Master !!

Alrighty watch out this week :LOL:

FYI everyone - Monday is a US holiday. Stock & Commodity markets are closed.

Peter