S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

The united noob traders of America now have the S and P until xmas good luck. Huge volatility and mostly rudderless at the moment. Check out the FTSE to see how the tail wags the dog.

What's up with our old timers;

HWSteele
Samspade79
VielGeld
Tar

???

Sorry for not posting lately, I've had lots happen in the last couple months. :\

I should be able to post more regularly soon. But for now (and just in case), would it be possible to set my bet at 1500 until further notice? :)

My vote would be a no, as it would fnunk up the averages. It only takes 30 seconds a week to post a proper target.

Sorry for not posting lately, I've had lots happen in the last couple months. :\

I should be able to post more regularly soon. But for now (and just in case), would it be possible to set my bet at 1500 until further notice? :)

Hi VielGeld,

We have missed you and would like to see you back soon. However, I do agree with Isatrader, in light of weighted averages doing so well and in the running for beating us all perhaps - I too think we should only enter genuine forecasts.

Trust that's ok with you too. :)

Top spot on the podium this week goes to...

1. ibetyou
2. yours truly and
3. Pat494

Averages were closer than most but blew it by heading in the wrong direction - which I am very happy about ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=0

On my browser one has to click view and then list to see the figures etc.

Potential head and shoulders forming, and medium term trend is still down.

So 1394 please

attachment.php

Attachments

• SPX_60min_7_12_12.png
    SPX_60min_7_12_12.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 361
1422 lütfən ( Azerbaijani )

Nice looking picture David but will it be true ? It could bounce off the support line to be in the 1420s ?

Last edited:
Hi VielGeld,

We have missed you and would like to see you back soon. However, I do agree with Isatrader, in light of weighted averages doing so well and in the running for beating us all perhaps - I too think we should only enter genuine forecasts.

Trust that's ok with you too. :)

It's alright, I understand. I'm a-ok with that. :)

Well, now that I'm here I guess I'll go with 1430. Mildly upwards, and I'll work my way to 1500 eventually. :p

Interesting chart Isatrader made me double-think... (y)

I can see possible pull back to 1400, but more likely a breakout beyond 1420-30 region to test 1450-60.

Can't see it falling much below 1400-1380.

Upside still in play for me based on MAs...

So 1423 for me this week...

Attachments

• 2012-12-WK2.png
    2012-12-WK2.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 166
Interesting chart Isatrader made me double-think... (y)

I can see possible pull back to 1400, but more likely a breakout beyond 1420-30 region to test 1450-60.

Can't see it falling much below 1400-1380.

Upside still in play for me based on MAs...

So 1423 for me this week...

I agree it's still above the short term MA's, but 11 up days out of the last 15 trading days just feels too one sided to me, and momentum looks to be waning on the price action and also the Advance Decline Momentum Index (attached). So I'm staying on the bearish side of things as there's some fairly strong resistance up to the 1430 area from September and Octobers price action which needs to be taken out convincingly to change my mind.

Attachments

• SPX_momentum_weekly_7_12_12.png
    SPX_momentum_weekly_7_12_12.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 151
can I change mine please. I had 1390 and i dont see the top coming in til 18th
Can I do 1430 please? really sorry about this

I agree it's still above the short term MA's, but 11 up days out of the last 15 trading days just feels too one sided to me, and momentum looks to be waning on the price action and also the Advance Decline Momentum Index (attached). So I'm staying on the bearish side of things as there's some fairly strong resistance up to the 1430 area from September and Octobers price action which needs to be taken out convincingly to change my mind.

Thanks Isatrader, and I concur a pull back is likely and we are similar in perspective to some respect in that resistance @1430 I see as being at 1450-60.

I may be being over optimistic in thinking 1500 may be target for end of year. Markets all fixed and rigged up for bonuses. :eek: