S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

Have to say, amazing first place podium, congrats Atilla, wonder if you did trade that huge calls over big bucks. What stands out to me kicking off this 3Q, is the fact that the two top leaders for last quarter have contrarian calls for next week. Anyway the three or four top players were great.
Back to the calls for next week, I firmly believe we ve put in jail the bears, so keep it coming bulls,
1389 háganme el favor.

Hi all, I know, I'm just as suprized as you lot,could have gone eather way, infact i was thinking last sunday of changing my perdiction when i seen everyone going long,
Then wackypete , hwsteele and tar joined me short so thought i'd leave it.
So this week i'm going with 1378 please.

Congrats to the winners this past week. At least I got a point for direction.
I don't think we are done to the downside yet so I will say 1342 for this next Friday.

Q2 wasn't my quarter. In fact I was quite surprised at how bad I had performed and I had grand designs of springing off to a great start in Q3. Obviously the S&P had different ideas taking most of the 'ups' out in the process and posting a 1354.68 - marginally down on the previous week.

So once again the contrarian play works out and our winning trio or this week are:

1) ibetyou - 1344 (-10.68)
2) wackypete2 - 1333 (-21.68)
3) tar - 1330 (-24.68)

As this is the first week of Q3, the leaderboard reflects the above order but probably not for long. Will Pat regain his form? Will Atilla romp off into the lead? Will Vielgeld get another podium? Will Gaffs form continue? Too many questions and not enough answers yet.

Link to results

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120706.png
    SPWeekly20120706.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 168
Q2 wasn't my quarter. In fact I was quite surprised at how bad I had performed and I had grand designs of springing off to a great start in Q3. Obviously the S&P had different ideas taking most of the 'ups' out in the process and posting a 1354.68 - marginally down on the previous week.

So once again the contrarian play works out and our winning trio or this week are:

1) ibetyou - 1344 (-10.68)
2) wackypete2 - 1333 (-21.68)
3) tar - 1330 (-24.68)

As this is the first week of Q3, the leaderboard reflects the above order but probably not for long. Will Pat regain his form? Will Atilla romp off into the lead? Will Vielgeld get another podium? Will Gaffs form continue? Too many questions and not enough answers yet.

Link to results
Well done Rob for collecting and collating.
Personally I think Pete has an unfair advantage and should have a handicap. Polly is giving him all the answers !!
:)

Well done Rob for collecting and collating.
Personally I think Pete has an unfair advantage and should have a handicap. Polly is giving him all the answers !!
:)

Hey, give me SOME credit. I got one right on my own about a year ago.

Peter

1378 for me this week
Just wish my old computer was still working.

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners! Pete does seem to have a definite edge in bear markets. If Armageddon happens, you can be sure he'll be one gleeful chap about it. :p

As for me, I'll make the call later tomorrow. I want to see how the market reacts to the past couple weeks' stuff.