S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

Sorry for being late to the starting gate this week.
Here is my guess...just kidding.
looks like I won't have that last chance for a first place this quarter, oh well.:(
I still might make it for the bronze metal, maybe.
My hats off to last weeks winners.

I failed to post one up too!!!! Don't know what was going on there. Denial at being mediocre I expect.

I failed to post one up too!!!! Don't know what was going on there. Denial at being mediocre I expect.

I spent "TOO" much time with the family:innocent: was my problem.
Gosh they act like they are SOOOOO important!:rolleyes:

I will let you know on Friday what my guess was for this week.
I'm thinking of the number right now...really. When I tell you guys the number on Friday it's the number I'm thinking now, only slightly fine tuned:cheesy:

I hope you didn't take your advice from Q2 and do the opposite of Gaffs.....because I was doing that too...

congrats to those who got the direction right. (y)

Peter

Yep agreed and it was twisty turvy this week. Well done to guys who got it right.

We were almost there until Thursday, oh well :whistling

I'm delighted with the number of high scores.

Rob,
I was thinking the weighted average score should be above the mean average. Needs more tinkering.

You've done a stellar job of it too. I think you guys are great. (y)

:cheers:

Was that lucky or what. could have been anyone of us this week,well done everyone,
I don't think were doing to bad considering the market conditions were playing in.
So a pat on the back to all i think ,well done .

Bring on Q3 I still got some catching up to do.

I will go first with 1344 for next week so you know i'm not cheating.
goodluck looks choppy again.

The figures for next week suggest a big rise, so 1379 for me.

And a big well done to Atilla.

The scene had been set, the show-down was on. Pete and Atilla, head to head for the Q2 title. Civil, even gentlemanly you could say but fueled by an undercurrent of winning desire. The rest of us watched to see what would happen.

Unsurprisingly the S&P then did what it needed to do which was to wrong-foot the gladiatorial end to the quarter by having a quick slurp on cheap liquidity before shooting off for a close at 1362.19 :LOL:

So once again the contrarians were rewarded and this weeks Emerson, Lake & Palmer are:

1) ibetyou - 1359 (-3.16)
2) Gaffs1964 - 1345 (-17.16)
3) Vielgeld - 1380 (17.84)

So well done ibetyou for the win and Gaffs & Viel for a solid contrarian podium. :clap::clap::clap::clover::clover::clover::clover::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Finally for this quarter, a big congratulations to Atilla for an outstanding performance all the way through the quarter. The win has been gained with panache and frankly, I think I've got my work cut out now to make sure you don't win next quarter.:p

Pete once again puts in a solid performance and as we all know you get rewarded for consistency in this game, something Pete does and I personally admire him for.

Gaffs, what's happened? Have you found your groove now? Is this the way it will always be? Have you become a contender? Well done man. :cool::cool:

So scores will be reset later today for the start of Q3. No rule changes will be applied. I'll also do a bit more on performance stats when I get time.

Come on Pat, pull your socks up :p

Link to final results

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120629.png
    SPWeekly20120629.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 143
Congrats to the winners and to you know who for placing 1st(y)
I believe I will fade this week and go for 1326.