S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Looks like up to me.
How about your VPOOKS etc. Rob

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    113.4 KB · Views: 163
Was putting kids to bed, Mrs has gone out. Don't usually take trades shortly before close although give me another 6 months and I'm sure I will have thrown that idea out of the window too....

Thu Sep 13

12:01am GBP BOE Quarterly Bulletin
1:59am AUD MI Inflation Expectations 2.4% 2.4%
2:30am AUD RBA Bulletin
8:15am CHF PPI m/m 0.5% -0.2% -0.3%
8:30am CHF Libor Rate <0.25% <0.25% <0.25%
8:30am CHF SNB Monetary Policy Assessment
9:00am EUR ECB Monthly Bulletin
10:40am GBP 10-y Bond Auction 1.83|1.8 1.72|2.2
1:30pm CAD NHPI m/m 0.2% 0.2%
1:30pm CAD Capacity Utilization Rate 81.1% 80.7%
1:30pm USD PPI m/m 1.1% 0.3%
1:30pm USD Unemployment Claims 370K 365K
1:30pm USD Core PPI m/m 0.2% 0.4%
3:30pm USD Natural Gas Storage 26B 28B
4:30pm USD 30-y Bond Auction 2.83|2.4
5:30pm USD FOMC Statement
5:30pm USD Federal Funds Rate <0.25% <0.25%
7:00pm USD FOMC Economic Projections
7:00pm USD Federal Budget Balance -156.1B -69.6B
7:15pm USD FOMC Press Conference
11:45pm NZD FPI m/m 0.2%

Anyone know anything about this lot ?
Someone is doing a free course on C programming on ET and uses this as a free base

Attachments

• Zorro.PNG
    Zorro.PNG
    433.6 KB · Views: 175
This is why I am thinking about scaling IN rather than OUT...

9-13-20121-42-27PM.png

Less risk @ the start but I think there would be a lot more B/E trades too...

The issue I have is that it's very hard to go over your history & see if this would have worked out on each trade if you'd managed it differently.

NT has a "shadow" option so u can replicate a real trade in your sim account, the sim trade can then be managed via ATM or manually ...not sure if this helps

This is why I am thinking about scaling IN rather than OUT...

9-13-20121-42-27PM.png

Less risk @ the start but I think there would be a lot more B/E trades too...

The issue I have is that it's very hard to go over your history & see if this would have worked out on each trade if you'd managed it differently.

NT has a "shadow" option so u can replicate a real trade in your sim account, the sim trade can then be managed via ATM or manually ...not sure if this helps

Thing is G - you can have stats, but to do a "what if" on an alternative discretionary approach requires (IMO) you to look through charts on each trade OR have some really savvy software.

I'm at a loss on how to do it to be honest...

u still up ! fair point

Thing is G - you can have stats, but to do a "what if" on an alternative discretionary approach requires (IMO) you to look through charts on each trade OR have some really savvy software.

I'm at a loss on how to do it to be honest...

I know I never post in this thread ( was supposed to have more time when the kids got out of school for the summer and that didn't happen. Then now that they are back in school I am finding smallish dried up turds of time here and there.) but I have been able, in the last couple of days, to bring up to date some cycle stuff I used for the SPX daily charts.
I thought I would just share that for what it's worth. (I know I said before when I did contribute to this thread would would be from a longer term standpoint so I hope this isn't too out of place.)

There is a nice cycle top that lands on next tuesday the 18th. The price numbers are as high as 1514 for that top. This is a mediumish cycle so the price could move down for a week or more.

Also keep in mind that we are heading into the time of year when the big tops like to come crashing down. Couple that with the fact that we just poked into price area that we have not seen in four years I'm guessing that we will see a nice reaction soon. If we do I think that the 28th of October could be an important point in time to look at.

Edit: I just looked at an astro cycle to that seems to do well at timing turns in the SPX and the next on for it is the 19th of this month...must go now as it's dinner time!

Last edited:
September 14th

9:15 – Capacity Utilization, Industrial Production
9:55 – Consumer Sentiment, Inflation
10:00 – Business Inventories

9-14-20128-38-17AM.png

1466 is the high from December 2007 but not a significant high. Some people might be watching it I guess.
1433.25 is the area we broke out from.

I’m expecting a range to form here, we may or may not be finished moving up my gut feel is we have some ‘repair work’ below.

Trouble is that with what the FED announced yesterday, it sort of resets things in my mind. I don’t really trust any analysis of the price action with that in the background. For me, I now want to see this play out for a week or so and then play off that new action, rather than see yesterdays move up as a continuation of the earlier action. In effect, I see this somewhat as a ‘new market’ – the underlying conditions have changed.

Anyway – I’d love for another day like yesterday. Fish in a barrel….

Shorts – 1466, 1458.50, 1457.25
Longs – 1450.50, 1449.25, 1442.50, 1433.25

September 14th

9:15 – Capacity Utilization, Industrial Production
9:55 – Consumer Sentiment, Inflation
10:00 – Business Inventories

9-14-20128-38-17AM.png

1466 is the high from December 2007 but not a significant high. Some people might be watching it I guess.
1433.25 is the area we broke out from.

I’m expecting a range to form here, we may or may not be finished moving up my gut feel is we have some ‘repair work’ below.

Trouble is that with what the FED announced yesterday, it sort of resets things in my mind. I don’t really trust any analysis of the price action with that in the background. For me, I now want to see this play out for a week or so and then play off that new action, rather than see yesterdays move up as a continuation of the earlier action. In effect, I see this somewhat as a ‘new market’ – the underlying conditions have changed.

Anyway – I’d love for another day like yesterday. Fish in a barrel….

Shorts – 1466, 1458.50, 1457.25
Longs – 1450.50, 1449.25, 1442.50, 1433.25

Flat Friday, don't think it will do much this afternoon.